'18 TN QB/WR Alontae Taylor (UT commit 6/18/16)

Oh, I know, and I would not knock anybody who would choose that route, nor am I knocking Austin Peay for offering. Just laughing at their chances. But you have zero chance if you don't offer, so it certainly doesn't hurt to offer. But I think the majority of kids today envision themselves in the league, whether it be the NFL or the NBA. And they know the more tv exposure the better their chances are, so most kids these days are going to choose the Power 5 schools if they have the offers.
I know what your saying, I agree with you. Just telling a little story.

Just trimmed it to three. Us, Kentucky and Georgia Tech (who wasn't even in his top 8). He's acting like a decision could be soon. Visiting Tennessee on the 18th.

If we can't beat out the sinking ship at Kentucky, & the 1940's Georgia Tech offensive scheme, then what does that say...................... ?

If we can't beat out the sinking ship at Kentucky, & the 1940's Georgia Tech offensive scheme, then what does that say...................... ?

I'm pretty certain we are in good shape here considering he was rumored to have decommitted from Vandy to commit to us

I'm pretty certain we are in good shape here considering he was rumored to have decommitted from Vandy to commit to us

Good! The Vols need a player on their roster from Coffee County. Also, Franklin, Lincoln, Lawrence, Bedford, Marion, Giles...maybe one from Columbia...etc. Need 4-5 from Rutherford County.

Having locals generates more interest in middle Tennessee.

Good! The Vols need a player on their roster from Coffee County. Also, Franklin, Lincoln, Lawrence, Bedford, Marion, Giles...maybe one from Columbia...etc. Need 4-5 from Rutherford County.

Having locals generates more interest in middle Tennessee.

Won't be any players come from marion county. There are a few sophomores that might turn out to be something. They at least have the size anyways

scbu.gif

APSU just hired the Chattanooga assistant coach who was UTC's recruiting coordinator. UTC at been at or close to the top of the national recruiting rankings in their division the last couple years. Coach Healy enjoyed some success recruiting some FBS level talent to UTC and it appears he's aiming high at APSU also - something to admire not ridicule.

Won't be any players come from marion county. There are a few sophomores that might turn out to be something. They at least have the size anyways

Need another Eric Westmoreland or Eddie Moore. We will take a South Pittsburg guy.

Need another Eric Westmoreland or Eddie Moore. We will take a South Pittsburg guy.

Few and far between D1 players in 1A. Sp has a good looking sophomore fullback. Played a lot as a freshman. 6'2ish 200-210. Sp is also supposed to be getting a few transfers this year.

Few and far between D1 players in 1A. Sp has a good looking sophomore fullback. Played a lot as a freshman. 6'2ish 200-210. Sp is also supposed to be getting a few transfers this year.

Keep your eye out for DJ Taylor. He's an upcoming senior for Huntland High School in Franklin County...that's the home of Johnny Majors and where I'm originally from. I think he's 6'2" 215, and is getting serious interest from D1 schools. Purdue offered recently, and Ole Miss visited a little while ago. Vandy has shown a lot of interest, and I'm pretty sure TN coaches have been in contact.

APSU just hired the Chattanooga assistant coach who was UTC's recruiting coordinator. UTC at been at or close to the top of the national recruiting rankings in their division the last couple years. Coach Healy enjoyed some success recruiting some FBS level talent to UTC and it appears he's aiming high at APSU also - something to admire not ridicule.

You're wrong. It's definitely something to ridicule when tiny schools are wasting time offering and/or recruiting high level talent.

Keep your eye out for DJ Taylor. He's an upcoming senior for Huntland High School in Franklin County...that's the home of Johnny Majors and where I'm originally from. I think he's 6'2" 215, and is getting serious interest from D1 schools. Purdue offered recently, and Ole Miss visited a little while ago. Vandy has shown a lot of interest, and I'm pretty sure TN coaches have been in contact.

Maybe I will be able to catch a game. Would like to watch Huntland and SP play each other so I can watch him without skipping my old high schools game's

Johnny Majors is from Lynchburg, but moved to Huntland.

I knew it wouldn't take long for them to restock with transfer with Grider back on the sideline.

Yeah. Went to Huntland. Are you from anywhere around there?

I was born and raised in Manchester so I know the Coffee, Franklin, Moore and Lincoln County areas well. I have a brother that lives in Huntland and my stepdad is from Elora (about 10 minutes from Huntland). Him and my mom have lived there together for around 25 years now.

I was born and raised in Manchester so I know the Coffee, Franklin, Moore and Lincoln County areas well. I have a brother that lives in Huntland and my stepdad is from Elora (about 10 minutes from Huntland). Him and my mom have lived there together for around 25 years now.

Oh wow! What is your brother's first initial and last name? I grew up in Huntland for my first 18 years of life before I moved to Murfreesboro and then Knoxville for school. One of my sisters lives in Manchester. My mom was a teacher for 43 years at Huntland. So obviously, I still know a lot of people back there, since it is such a small town.

Reactions: 1 person
Oh wow! What is your brother's first initial and last name? I grew up in Huntland for my first 18 years of life before I moved to Murfreesboro and then Knoxville for school. One of my sisters lives in Manchester. My mom was a teacher for 43 years at Huntland. So obviously, I still know a lot of people back there, since it is such a small town.

What's your age range and I can let you know who I know around the area that you may know. My brother actually moved to Huntland just 6 years ago from Elora. He married a girl from there and they have a house off of Old Hwy 122. Love the area especially around football season because those people definitely take the UT-Bama game really serious.

VN Store

Back