'18 IN LB Cameron McGrone

I don't think see UT as a strong contender at this moment. Cam Jones, Xavier Peters, Matthew Flint all higher on the board.
-Simonton

He moved up to number 40 in the new 247 rankings (one spot behind Adam Anderson). Interesting he seems to be down our board.

Or... are we down his board? 🤔

Yeah, I think that's more like it and better be, because this kid is fast and explodes into ball carriers and blockers. Hell of a LB, would love for this kid to go to UT. I think UT is behind Notre Dame, Michigan and apparently Wisconsin. DKjr needs to belp us out, if UT has any shot of getting him

He moved up to number 40 in the new 247 rankings (one spot behind Adam Anderson). Interesting he seems to be down our board.

Jesse corrected that statement a couple of times since then. He basically said Tennessee is down McGrone's board and that he would be at the top of Tennessee's if he was interested. There is no way those 3 guys are higher on the board than McGrone. McGrone is a Top 5 type LB in this class. His film is incredible and blows the others away IMO. If someone on staff like those other 3 guys better (Thig, Welton, or whomever), then he needs to lose his job.

Last edited:
Jesse corrected that statement a couple of times since then. He basically said Tennessee is down McGrone's board and that he would be at the top of Tennessee's if he was interested. There is no way those 3 guys are higher on the board than McGrone. McGrone is a Top 5 type LB in this class. His film is incredible and blows the others away IMO. If someone on staff like those other 3 guys better (Thig, Welton, or whomever), then he needs to lose his job.

opinions. wow.

we all have'em.

Reactions: 1 person
opinions. wow.

we all have'em.

High on board, low in probability, so low in priority.

I'm not sure what part of his statement you're taking issue with? Has Jesse not backpedaled on the statement? Or do you think McGrone is low on our priority list BC we have more talented targets ahead of him?

This board is more entertainment than news so when outspoken folks not associated with the coaching staff make calls I have to chuckle at times.

You should too.

Reactions: 2 people
opinions. wow.

we all have'em.

Yes, we do and my opinion is MH is right. McGrone is by far the best true LB that is considering UT, RIGHT NOW. Unless u count Richard Jibunor as a LB, I do, but apparently UT doesn't. Now, I am not sure where UT stands with Adam Anderson, but at 6'5 he seems like another kid that could be moved to DE. Doubt we have a chance at Anderson anyway, but u never know. That leaves Cam Jones and Matthew Flint, right now as the most likely takes at LB. Although, I like Jones and Flint, I still feel like UT needs more of a 225 lb beast and those kids aren nowhere near that, YET

Reactions: 2 people
I don't know if the DKjr effect is enough to sway him, but winning this fall and DKjr having a great year could only help his decision.

As a fan that follows recruiting closely i would be in a hurry to play LB behind the defensive line being assembled in this class. But i also remember when i was a recruit. As a kid being recruited at the RB position, i never once paid attention to who had committed on the offensive line. Granted, that was 25 years ago. Before the internet, big time camps, and major recruiting services. But i don't think it has changed much for 17-18 year old kids. You build relationships during the process. Not only with coaches but you will met certain players that you instantly bond with. Would love to get this kid but you'd have to figure out why ND is the leader and top that. Sometimes that just isn't possible.

As a fan that follows recruiting closely i would be in a hurry to play LB behind the defensive line being assembled in this class. But i also remember when i was a recruit. As a kid being recruited at the RB position, i never once paid attention to who had committed on the offensive line. Granted, that was 25 years ago. Before the internet, big time camps, and major recruiting services. But i don't think it has changed much for 17-18 year old kids. You build relationships during the process. Not only with coaches but you will met certain players that you instantly bond with. Would love to get this kid but you'd have to figure out why ND is the leader and top that. Sometimes that just isn't possible.

ND is a pretty good academic university. Their program has been down but they are one of the highest grossing ADs in the nation with one of the most storied traditions. They're also more nationally recognizable than UT. Now I hate them and I'm glad they've sucked the last several years but I can see why a kid would want to go there.

VN Store

Back