'18 GA WR/S Jatavious Harris (UT commit 4.23.17)

http://247sports.com/Article/Georgi...commits-to-Tennessee-Vols-during-fir-52441207

“I loved the vibe I had there,” said Harris, who’s ranked the nation’s No. 696 overall prospect and No. 117 wide receiver in the 247Sports Composite for the 2018 class. “It felt like no other. I chilled in (wide receivers) coach (Kevin) Beard’s office for, like, an hour, talking to him and other recruits, and I just have a great connection with some of the coaches.
“And when I went to the spring game, it made it even better, because I seen how they use the receivers to the best of their abilities.
“I feel like Tennessee is the best fit for me. It’s a family thing.”
Harris said he “had no idea” that he might commit to Tennessee once he made his first trip to Knoxville. But he admitted he previously had “been considering them,” and he “had already heard and seen some great things about them” before arriving on campus.
While he was there, he said he was impressed by the time he spent with the Vols’ coaches, including Beard, who joined Tennessee’s staff less than two months ago.
7_5126772.jpg
“(I liked) how I talked with some of the senior players and had to time to actually vibe with the coaches and talk with them and get comfortable around them,” said Harris, who holds offers from 28 schools.
He said he informed Tennessee’s staff of his decision Saturday before returning home.
“I told (offensive coordinator Larry) Scott first, and he was so happy. And then I told Coach Thig, and he hugged me, like, three times and was happy,” Harris said, referring to Vols linebackers coach Tommy Thigpen.
Scott, Beard, Thigpen and other members of Tennessee’s staff have told Harris that he could be a “perfect” fit for the Vols’ offense, he said, “with my athletic abilities.”
He said they like that he’s “long, strong and quick.” But he said he hasn’t been promised any early playing time, and that’s OK with him.
“The best players play,” Harris said. “It’s all about competition and who the coaches can trust.”

- Ryan Callahan, 247 Sports

Reactions: 6 people
For those asking, he'll probably be playing WR for UT. He talks about CKB a lot. He may get here and get switched, but that doesn't sound likely.

For those asking, he'll probably be playing WR for UT. He talks about CKB a lot. He may get here and get switched, but that doesn't sound likely.

With his height and speed, he sounds like you put him on the outside and throw the ball up where he can go get it or just stretch the field.

So excited to land this kid!

And this is kind of off topic, but I'm loving everything I read about Beard these days. Like, I know Scurry (19 commit) re-opened his recruiting when we replaced our WR coach, but Beard has good energy, good chemistry, etc with every recruit who talks about him. Personally love how he laces up in cleats himself and shows the kids how its done. I really feel like we're going to be able to pull some talented kids to Tennessee to play receiver in the next few years.

Reactions: 1 person
But back on subject.... BOOOM!

Welcome to Tennessee young man! May you thrive on and off the field! You are family now.

VN Store

Back