'18 GA S Trey Dean (former UT commit)

From Chad Simmons on VQ just now...

Trey Dean planned to announce his de-commitment from Tennessee today around noon ET. To be frank; I had the story typed up with quotes from him and it sits in the admin now because he told me he has changed his mind and that he will just sit back now and see what happens.

A call from Currie is what changed things.

Dean said, "The athletics director called me and he told me Tennessee is about to hire a great head coach. He told me that I can [still] be the face of the Tennessee."

Not too many schools have been in pursuit of Dean in recent months, but he did say Alabama has remained in contact and that he is planning to take an official visit there.

Reactions: 8 people
From Chad Simmons on VQ just now...

He has a compelling phone voice
money-makeitrain-rain-guap-dollar-gif-7391084.gif

Reactions: Weezer
Chad Simmons -

What almost happened the day after Butch Jones was let go by Tennessee now appears to be back on. I am hearing Trey Dean will go ahead and de-commit from Tennessee at some point this week.

Tennessee was down to see him last week, but as of now, it sounds like it will come down to Alabama and Florida. He was at Alabama this weekend and he has scheduled an official visit to Florida for next weekend.

Just wanted to let you guys/gals know what appears to be coming. Of course I was told it was coming before, and I had the story ready to publish, then it was called off, so anything can happen.

VN Store

Back