'18 GA RB C'Bo Flemister (Notre Dame signee)

While this is certainly true and it absolutely applies to me as well, it's also important not to fall into the "our coaches see something no one else does."

This is a reach. And Pruitt and Co. will get the benefit of the doubt (as they should) early in the process, but this feels an awful lot like Dooley signing Tom Smith.

Tom Smith didn't run for Jr 200O and 23...Sr 2300 and 35. Didn't even sniff those kind of numbers iirc. I get what you are saying though, who was that kid from Ky that Dools signed that had 3000 yds his Sr season...but it was Ky.

IMO, Flemister does not want to play in triple option offense, but his two best offers are from GaTech and GaSo and they just happen to run the triple option.

He was two star until after a very good senior season then bumped to 3 star. Not sure why we are recruiting him, but if staff wants him and he becomes a Vol then I hope he does well.

The cornerback board continues to take shape, too, with former TCU commit Eddie Smith a real top target alongside Griffin. Isaac Taylor-Stuart, JUCO Mykael Wright, Vandy commit Rayshad Williams and Georgia Tech commit C’Boris Flemister are potential options as well but further down the list

-VQ

Sounds like the staff sees him as a CB.

Reactions: 4 people
I was reading this thread and was like "meh" then I watched his hudl film. 3 big takeaways.

1. I can see why GS and GT were after him this kid would destroy in those offenses.

2. Kinda see why under the radar. Nothing to do with him but every time i looked at the vids i had to go back and look at his measurables. 5'11 194? he looks like he is playing against middle schoolers and on most snaps is as big ass all the opposing teams linemen and most of his own team.

3. Wow is he fluid and tough.

my only question is in a not option offense how will he transition. Seriously look at the tape he is 5'11 190 and looks like a giant in all his tapes. How will he react to no longer being a power back? He has the wiggle but he has up till now rarely had to use it. As far as the tape shows. If I am on that kids inner circle go to ga tech. I am not though so I hope he becomes a Vol because, all questions aside he looks impressive.
The games I was able to find some stats on he had 30 + carries a game and over 100 yards against some of the top AAA teams in Ga. including 214 in one of the games.

Reactions: 1 person
I think he’ll get his first look at RB but I bet he will be a DB when it’s all said and done. I like him as anything...I think Pruitt will trust his own evals not rivals or 247...Alabama, Georgia and Florida are his and his staffs wheelhouse. Looking forward to the next five years with great interest.

I think he’ll get his first look at RB but I bet he will be a DB when it’s all said and done. I like him as anything...I think Pruitt will trust his own evals not rivals or 247...Alabama, Georgia and Florida are his and his staffs wheelhouse. Looking forward to the next five years with great interest.

Sounds like they just like him period and will let his play determine spot if we can take him. Some have said Pruitt likes him as a cb prospect but His article today on 247 says he is taking with Helton and G about RB

The games I was able to find some stats on he had 30 + carries a game and over 100 yards against some of the top AAA teams in Ga. including 214 in one of the games.

I’ve gone back and watched his highlights twice now. I agree with what you’ve said.

- He’s very tough. He breaks most tackles, and rarely goes down from one person. Our roster needs tough guys to compete in the SEC. (He has Kelly’s toughness and is almost the same size as Kelly)

- The second time I watched I was looking for speed. He wasn’t caught once he had a step on an opponent.

- Can he catch coming out of the backfield? I dunno..

He has an offer from our staff, a staff that can clearly find real talent....players our previous staff whiffed on.....I’ll go with whatever this staff says on recruiting.

I’ve gone back and watched his highlights twice now. I agree with what you’ve said.

- He’s very tough. He breaks most tackles, and rarely goes down from one person. Our roster needs tough guys to compete in the SEC. (He has Kelly’s toughness and is almost the same size as Kelly)

- The second time I watched I was looking for speed. He wasn’t caught once he had a step on an opponent.

- Can he catch coming out of the backfield? I dunno..

He has an offer from our staff, a staff that can clearly find real talent....players our previous staff whiffed on.....I’ll go with whatever this staff says on recruiting.
Interesting what you said. I agree. I was thinking of TKJ reading this thread and remember watching him in the state championship game when we were recruiting Hurd. I really thought he looked better at RB but we got him on defense. Hopefully this staff will know what to do with the talent they are getting.

Tom Smith didn't run for Jr 200O and 23...Sr 2300 and 35. Didn't even sniff those kind of numbers iirc. I get what you are saying though, who was that kid from Ky that Dools signed that had 3000 yds his Sr season...but it was Ky.

I don’t recall his real name, but he went by ‘3 Stack’...

Maybe play him similar to Jabrill Peppers? Just a thought. Not saying he is going to be that quality of player, but I'd take a poor mans Jabrill

VN Store

Back