'18 GA QB Justin Fields

It's not the stars , it's the offer list that's a little concerning.

Lol...we are so spoiled. The kid doesn't sign for another 18 months and has 2 more seasons of HS football to play, yet we are whining about his offer list. Social media and the sped up game of recruiting is wonderful, yet horrible at the same time.

Reactions: 8 people
Losing EJ is going to hurt no matter how you slice it. I'll be happy with this guy as well, but it's going to take a little time to get over EJ haha. Too much Vol heartbreak lately with some of our top targets.

This week after camping he locked up offers from VT, PSU and UT. My guess is that offer list is going to grow quite a bit.

Not too mention he is Class of 2018 QB where those QBs get those offers now through camps or after Jr yr through Summer. Trevor and EJ just happened to be the exception no brainer see one throw and offer kids.

I know this kid..... great athlete. Harrison means he will be a sharp kid academically. Also gets some very solid weight room work. Not many weapons around him though so numbers may not blow anyone away.

Reactions: 1 person
Well if Cutcliffe has already forgotten everything, then doesn't that mean Jones and Debord both know more?

No. The saying doesn't say anything about him "forgetting everything". It implies that he knows so much more that even the stuff he's forgotten adds up to more than they'll ever know. See the difference?

Reactions: 1 person
No. The saying doesn't say anything about him "forgetting everything". It implies that he knows so much more that even the stuff he's forgotten adds up to more than they'll ever know. See the difference?

words are hard

I was just pulling your leg bro. Chill.

"Getting an offer from a school like Tennessee means a lot. That's big-time SEC football," Fields said. "I went to a Tennessee game last fall. I had a blast. Tennessee is a great university. It's close - only about a two-and-a-half hour drive from my house."

"Tennessee has an athletic QB now that is smart," Fields said. "He has a great arm and he can do it with his legs to extend the play if need be. This describes me as well."

Fields said it was good to learn under DeBord and Nick Sheridan while on Rocky Top. "Both are great coaches with knowledge of the position to make any QB a lot better," Fields said. "I spent a lot of time with Coach Sheridan during the camp. He's real cool."

After attending Tennessee's win over South Carolina last season, Fields plans to be back in Knoxville this fall for a game. He added, it's more than just the coaches and the fit on the field that he likes about Tennessee. "The facilities are great. The campus is beautiful. They have a passionate fan base to say the least," Fields explained.

- VQ

Reactions: 5 people
Hopefully we won't have to go any further than door #3 for 2018 QB's. Lawrence and Jones are on another level right now. This guy is on the next tier though with time to catch up and be just as good I think. I like fields much better than Penix

Didn't really set a cap on HOW MUCH he forgot...or how vital the forgotten information was. :blink:

Interesting. They have him above the Pennix kid from Florida.

Based on his offer list, the Vols are certainly ahead of the curve on this one.

What's crazy is the amount of small schools that are ahead of the curve on these types of kids. They don't go in looking for 4-5* type talent obviously; they just see a kid who they think can play at their level. Then some of these guys turn out to be coveted by the who's who of CFB.

VN Store

Back