'18 FL WR Kevin Austin

When Kevin Austin traveled to Tennessee for the first time last week, he had a feeling that he might get a scholarship offer from the Vols while he was there.
And he didn't come away disappointed.
The four-star junior wide receiver from North Broward Preparatory School in Coconut Creek, Fla., said he was happy to get an offer from Tennessee on July 21 after a strong showing in the Vols’ final camp of the summer, and he admitted his first look at Tennessee turned out to be even better than he expected.
“I was blessed to receive an offer from them (that day) while working out with them,” said Austin, who’s ranked the nation’s No. 122 overall prospect and No. 19 wide receiver for the 2018 class.
“They exceeded expectations. The facilities were really nice, really up-to-date. And the coaching — they give you a lot of great coaching tips.”
The 6-foot-3, 190-pound Austin said he already has picked up offers from 18 schools, including Miami, Michigan State, Kentucky, Duke, N.C. State, Purdue, Syracuse, Central Florida and South Florida.
He said he thought an offer from Tennessee might come during his first visit with the Vols based on the interest in him they had shown since the spring evaluation period. He said Tennessee wide receivers coach Zach Azzanni has been in contact with him in recent months.
“I felt like he really wanted me to come to the campus and experience everything on the campus,” Austin said.
“I had it in the back of my mind (that I could get an offer), of course. I just wanted to get through the camp. They like my route-running, my hands, ball skills and all that.”
Austin said he also attended recent camps at Georgia Tech and Florida State, along with a few other “small camps” in South Florida.
It’s still early in the recruiting process for Austin, and he said he doesn’t have any favorites “yet.” But he admitted that he “of course” would like to visit Tennessee again, and he said the Vols are one of a few teams he’s hoping to watch in person this season.
“Penn State, I’m going to,” he said. “I want to come to Tennessee, and also a Florida State game.”

Looks like we could get a visit from this 4* WR

Austin, who's eyeing visit dates with Duke, Notre Dame, Tennessee and Florida, is also growing closer to the Fighting Irish's running backs coach in Autry Denson.
Scout

Tweet from Austin
Top 4 ❗️❗️❗️☘️🙌🍊🔵 Verbal commitment coming soon 😈🙏 #Dukegang18 #Vol18 #Storm18 #NDirish18 // creds @HypeSportsCo for the edit

Attachments

• IMG_0654.jpg
    IMG_0654.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 7
Reactions: 2 people
Mike Farrell has a video interview up on Rivals from the Rivals 100 5 star Challenge with Kevin Austin...says Top 4 is ND, Duke, UT and Miami and he's going to choose in August. It's most likely ND or Duke apparently but he talked about UT quite a bit in the interview. Farrell asked which head coach is most involved in his recruitment and he said CBJ, no visits planned but said if he did take another to those 4 before decision it would be UT, Coach Beard has recruited him a long time (before UT) and wants to see how Beard coaches at UT, Farrell asked which campus was nicest and he said UT. But I think this one comes down to academics (really smart kid) and Duke or ND seems like landing spot. Although I feel like after watching this video if he visited Knoxville again this summer we have a good chance. JMO

Reactions: 1 person
Rivals did a video at the Five Star challenge asking players where they thought other Top 100 players would commit. CB Al Blades (legacy Miami commit) predicted Austin to UT citing Coach Beard as a primary reason. See 1:00 mark in the video below.

[youtube]https://youtu.be/31x0p21Hbg8[/youtube]

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
Rivals did a video at the Five Star challenge asking players where they thought other Top 100 players would commit. CB Al Blades (legacy Miami commit) predicted Austin to UT citing Coach Beard as a primary reason. See 1:00 mark in the video below.

[youtube]https://youtu.be/31x0p21Hbg8[/youtube]

If Beard could somehow pull Austin and Blades... 👀

This kid is the real deal like Evander Holyfield. Fast, 6'3 and physical, shifty, has a great stiff arm, good hands and high points the ball. His highlights blew me away. He may have even pulled even with my favorite WR on our board, Tommy Bush. Plus, he has UT in his final 4

Late fourth quarter, vols down 3 with the ball on the 50 yard line, looks like Alabama is coming with a blitz, guarantano scrambles to the right throws it down field........ Austin is the closest receiver in the area..... it's caught at the 15 yard line! He jukes out the defender, to the 10, the 5, touchdown Tennessee! Vols win, vols win!

I'm bored lol and it sounds good.

Apparently, Mr. Austin did extremely well at the Rivals 5 star camp, this weekend. This kids video is something else. I recommend all u all to watch it

Austin combined with St. Brown and Haselwood to form a trio of receivers who really separated themselves with their performances. At 6-foot-3 and 185 pounds, Austin may have been the most physically impressive receiver at the event, which is saying something considering the company he was in. On top of that, he is a natural mover who glides across the field and changes direction with ease.

Rivals 5 Star Challenge

Austin combined with St. Brown and Haselwood to form a trio of receivers who really separated themselves with their performances. At 6-foot-3 and 185 pounds, Austin may have been the most physically impressive receiver at the event, which is saying something considering the company he was in. On top of that, he is a natural mover who glides across the field and changes direction with ease.

Rivals 5 Star Challenge

Yes, sir. U can see all that in his highlight videos on hudl. The speed is apparent and especially the physicality. My favorite play, Austin goes up and high points the ball at the goal line, takes the ball away from the DB and then shoves him to the ground with a stiff arm as he scores a TD. Most impressive WR highlights, I've seen this year.

Well I guess if history serves once Kelly gets fired from ND Butch will become the new coach there.

Any news on Austin? Would definitely like to have him as a WR in this class. If not, who are legit options at WR?

Any news on Austin? Would definitely like to have him as a WR in this class. If not, who are legit options at WR?

Nikko Remigio
Dillon Spalding
Elijah Moore
Shocky Jacquez-Louis(currently committed to Kentucky)
Tykee Kellogg
ATH Justin Oden
Chigoziem Okonkwo
Al'Vontre Woodard
Tommy Bush
Anthony Schwartz
Jalen Jordan

That's the short lists with a few more that we've offered. Also, not all of these have us at the top of their board but at least in contention. The more likely ones of the bunch above are Remigio, Kellogg, & Oden.

Others a little farther behind would be Spalding, Woodard, Bush, & Schwartz. Elijah Moore is another to watch for. We're in his top 8 from a while back ago but he is scheduled to release his top 5 I believe soon or it may have already been done.

VN Store

Back