'18 FL WR/ATL Shocky Jacques-Louis

Just how French is his name?

Jock-Lewy?
Zhock-Louie?
Jockwez-Lewis?

Lotta different variations here, just trying to prepare myself in case I boom at some point.

after watching his highlights a 3rd time:
fast
good vision
I agree with another poster, doesn't run any routes well
Doesn't seem overly interested in blocking

Can't fault the kid for the offense they run and from watching Beards videos he will work alot on him selling the route and setting up the defender.
Blocking as a WR is all about heart and it's damn hard to teach heart.

All in all, not as excited as many on here are about him at this point.

[twitter]https://twitter.com/vol_football/status/883332299026190336[/twitter]

Next?

Love this. Is that Willie Gault that blows by everybody and raising the ball up in the air, 20 yards away from the endzone? Also, I love Carl Pickens turning on the speed and blowing by the Florida DB. Pickens was the best WR in my lifetime( I'm 46, but can remember watching UT football for 38 years), Peerless was the best big game WR and CP was the most exciting and athletic. Tim McGhee was my favorite for years.

I expect Shocky to commit before the weekend is over

Reactions: 1 person
FWIW, recorded a 4.67 40 & 4.51 shuttle at The Opening Regional Miami in February.

That's surprising. Looks a lot faster than that to me in his highlights. Guess that's why they are called HIGHlights. Maybe he is one of those guys that doesn't test well and runs faster on the football field with pads on. Either way, he was always my 3rd choice behind Tommy Bush and Kevin Austin, but it's not looking good with either one of those guys

If someone did crossfit and was a vegan. Which do you think they would tell you about first?

Combo. They would tell you about the new vegan crossfit box they joined and how everyone there is so much better then you. Then I would knock him down and shove a burger down his throat while I ate a steak.

Reactions: 4 people
I like Shocky as a prospect, the only concern I have is if we do take his commitment and we only take 3 WR's this class I feel like all 3 are the same type of reciver. They're all around 5'11-6'1 and 170 I feel like we need a guy that is a true outside threat 6'3+ 180+ Flame away.

Not disagreeing but looking at our roster we have really only had pig who was truly dynamic in the slot and that's a huge part of the passing game with your scheme. It has hurt us in the past we have outside threats I in for gettijng some depth there but that's just me

Not disagreeing but looking at our roster we have really only had pig who was truly dynamic in the slot and that's a huge part of the passing game with your scheme. It has hurt us in the past we have outside threats I in for gettijng some depth there but that's just me

I believe with Byrd, Williams, and Jones that we should be good at slot this year.

Reactions: 1 person

exactly. catch n run explosive wr play is what we have missed esp in our offensive scheme.

exactly. catch n run explosive wr play is what we have missed esp in our offensive scheme.

Just my option to rise...we have missed a guy who has wiggle in slot turn 5 to 10 yard catch into 20 also helps outside guys tremendously getting open and stretching field when you have worry about slot guy burning you

Just my option to rise...we have missed a guy who has wiggle in slot turn 5 to 10 yard catch into 20 also helps outside guys tremendously getting open and stretching field when you have worry about slot guy burning you

But, but we've got Josh Smith.

VN Store

Back