'18 FL QB Joey Gatewood

Just for fun: Bo Nix beat out Gatewood. Nix for the season is 12tds, 6 ints, 1450 yards from 204 attempts, with a completion rate of 53.9% (in 8 games). JG is 10 tds, 6 ints, 1140 yards from 140 attempts, with a completion rate of 60.7 (in 8 games).
Bo Nix didn't really beat out Gatewood. Gatewood was never going to get the starting job due to name only. Nix was terrible in the spring and terrible during the season.

Just for fun: Bo Nix beat out Gatewood. Nix for the season is 12tds, 6 ints, 1450 yards from 204 attempts, with a completion rate of 53.9% (in 8 games). JG is 10 tds, 6 ints, 1140 yards from 140 attempts, with a completion rate of 60.7 (in 8 games).
That’s what having a consistent run game all year can do. It makes the qb look even better because the ball continually moves the right direction for the most part.

Against LSU, Auburn was in the red zone and the play called for Gatewood. Enroute to the field, Mazahn yanked him back and Nix ran the keeper...for a loss. Lot of staring straight ahead...no blinking. Didn’t watch much of the game just perused that part. Remember thinking that player doesn’t appear happy. True story!

For some reason every time I see this thread I think of this guy....
C13557BF-A256-4B82-9AF3-655B76A70DBB.jpeg

Reactions: Pacer92
It was a great line! I wonder if that is why Hackman laughed when he said it......LOL

GREAT MOVIE!

I don't think Hopper had to do much acting in that one
Seems he gets lots of roles where acting isn't required, or he's just that good.

It was a great line! I wonder if that is why Hackman laughed when he said it......LOL

GREAT MOVIE!

I don't think Hopper had to do much acting in that one
It ended up revitalizing his career, but well into the filming Hackman hated the story and told Jack Nicholson (the first choice for Norman Dale) that “no one outside of Indiana will watch it.” Good call. Dennis Hopper was the first choice for Shooter and I agree with you. Bucky’s begging to return to the team was filmed but cut along with every scene of the actress who played Cledus’s daughter. Always thought that the state championship losing HC looked way too genuine and had to have some history. Turns out he was the HC of Crispus Attucks High School back in the 50’s, Ray Crowe. Amazing backstory for him. That team included Oscar Robertson. The Crispus Attucks team the fictional one on Hoosiers was inspired from predated Oscar tho. If you want to read about it here’s a link. Crispus Attucks: Indiana's true underdog story

It ended up revitalizing his career, but well into the filming Hackman hated the story and told Jack Nicholson (the first choice for Norman Dale) that “no one outside of Indiana will watch it.” Good call. Dennis Hopper was the first choice for Shooter and I agree with you. Bucky’s begging to return to the team was filmed but cut along with every scene of the actress who played Cledus’s daughter. Always thought that the state championship losing HC looked way too genuine and had to have some history. Turns out he was the HC of Crispus Attucks High School back in the 50’s, Ray Crowe. Amazing backstory for him. That team included Oscar Robertson. The Crispus Attucks team the fictional one on Hoosiers was inspired from predated Oscar tho. If you want to read about it here’s a link. Crispus Attucks: Indiana's true underdog story

Cool stuff! I never knew some of those things....I've owned the movie for years!

Reactions: butchna
Cool stuff! I never knew some of those things....I've owned the movie for years!
Lucked into that SI article after Ray Crowe’s name popped up on the IMDb search...since he wasn’t in the credits. Buddy just popping back on the team with no scene always bugged me.

Also the championship announcer in the movie was the same one from the game. And the Principal who hired Norman, Cledus? Had a hit song back in the day Flying Purple People Eaters.

Reactions: MikeVol44
What's your point? JG sucks? Yeah we know, buddy, thanks!

What's your point? JG sucks? Yeah we know, buddy, thanks!
IMaybe that Nix is barely better than JG and this guy couldnt beat out Nix so he probably couldnt beat out JG? The only thing is that Nix was gifted the QB job because of his family and recruiting promises. Nix hasnt been ready to face real defenses all year.

IMaybe that Nix is barely better than JG and this guy couldnt beat out Nix so he probably couldnt beat out JG? The only thing is that Nix was gifted the QB job because of his family and recruiting promises. Nix hasnt been ready to face real defenses all year.
Thank you lol i thought my point was clear earlier 🤷🏻‍♂️ But yeah Nix was given that job for sure

The only numbers that matter are touchdowns and wins. JG does neither.

The only numbers that matter are touchdowns and wins. JG does neither.
Nix has 2 more touchdowns. The wins can be credited to how good Auburns defense is.

I was saying Nix and JG are not good.

I'm not sure what point anyone in this thread is trying to make.

Nix has 2 more touchdowns. The wins can be credited to how good Auburns defense is.

I was saying Nix and JG are not good.

I'm not sure what point anyone in this thread is trying to make.
JG has 2 wins as a starting qb against SEC teams in his career.

That's my point.

VN Store

Back