'18 FL CB Tanner Ingle (UT commit 6/19/17)

Kirkland not taking the next step as a Sophomore(pre-injury) bothered me. He should've been much much more physical. Our MLB should be seen against a run heavy team in Week 1. He didn't looked prepared or coached well to me.

Agreed. Especially if they are going to run a 4-2-5, you better have a damn physical MLB. Like I said everything was just handled very poorly on that side of the ball last year, really at all levels.

Reactions: 1 person
I comprehend very well. You said he is gone if they offer, then you said he would have to look at other schools if they offer. Big difference. I am sorry that writing for comprehension is not your strong suit.

If a Florida school offers, he's gone. Plain and simple. Said he's 100%, but any of the 3 big instate schools offered, then he's looking.

Why take this commit right now knowing he is waiting on another offer?

That's speculation. This kid seems like the kind of kid that appreciates who gave him the first big-time offer. Nothing has ever been given to this kid, because of his size. Imo, we gave him love 1st and he will remember that. Of course, I've been wrong before, but I feel good about this commit

Let me make it clear for everyone who hasn't read the last few pages. All of this nonsense was started when one poster took the one quote from a very positive article and interpreted it in the most negative way he possibly could. All Ingle said was that if one of the Florida schools offered, they might be worth a look. If you actually follow recruiting, you know it's no new thing for committed kids to take visits. He didn't even say he would visit. He didn't say he would flip. He said they might be worth a look, but this guy is making difinitive statements which simply aren't true.

Reactions: 6 people
Let me make it clear for everyone who hasn't read the last few pages. All of this nonsense was started when one poster took the one quote from a very positive article and interpreted it in the most negative way he possibly could. All Ingle said was that if one of the Florida schools offered, they might be worth a look. If you actually follow recruiting, you know it's no new thing for committed kids to take visits. He didn't even say he would visit. He didn't say he would flip. He said they might be worth a look, but this guy is making difinitive statements which simply aren't true.

This⬆

Agreed. Especially if they are going to run a 4-2-5, you better have a damn physical MLB. Like I said everything was just handled very poorly on that side of the ball last year, really at all levels.

Our MLB has to be the tone setter in the running game. I hate Alabama but their LBs will hit your RBs in the mouth from start to finish.

Reactions: 2 people
I agree, but it's hard to hold on to kids in Louisiana and Florida once the instate schools offer. We've held onto a few but not a lot over Butch's time.

I agree, but it's hard to hold on to kids in Louisiana and Florida once the instate schools offer. We've held onto a few but not a lot over Butch's time.

I agree with this. I expect us to lose more battles than we win against other teams in their own states. We can do it though. We have done it. It's just going to take a little more than that quote for me to start worrying about Ingle. I do think he is a player who could blow up, and it will be a battle if some other top programs offer, but I think we're fine for now.

Our MLB has to be the tone setter in the running game. I hate Alabama but their LBs will hit your RBs in the mouth from start to finish.

Kind of the reason I'm hoping we see Kirkland at WLB and Bituli get a chance in the Middle this year. I know Kirkland was banged up from the VT game onwards last season, but thus far in his career what we've seen him do best is play in space and blitz.

I think Bituli might hold up a bit better in the middle with his size and strength.

Kind of the reason I'm hoping we see Kirkland at WLB and Bituli get a chance in the Middle this year. I know Kirkland was banged up from the VT game onwards last season, but thus far in his career what we've seen him do best is play in space and blitz.

I think Bituli might hold up a bit better in the middle with his size and strength.

Plus,Bituli is more like the Bama LB that meets the RB in the hole and knocks his d!ck in the dirt like BB and I, want

I hope that happens and we go after better LBs. This past class should be good but we can't recruit the position like we've done the first 5 years. It's the worst evaluated/developed position on the team. The secondary didn't perform well but talent isn't the problem. We were in year 4 with a walk-on starting. That's flat out mind blowing for me with those highly rated classes.

Reactions: 3 people

Breakerboy you're a coach so you know very well how critical push on the dline is for linebackers to be able to flow to the football. It is not possible to overstate how much it hurt for us to lose O'Brien, Tuttle and Kmac. We were plugging in defensive ends at tackle and hoping they could get the job done. Couple that with the fact that Kirkland was out 60% of the season and Reeves-Maybin was out 90% of the season and it's pretty easy to figure out why we were gassed and simply getting pushed around at the end of the regular season. Don't know if you played any college ball but if you did you also know that it's an incredible grind under normal circumstances. All I'm trying to say is that the rash of injury (and the O'BRIEN dismissal) decimated our defensive interior. The negative mouth breathers will say it's an excuse, but it's the primary reason our D sucked at the end of the regular season. It's not at all surprising to me that we were so much better defensively in our bowl game after many of the guys were able to get some rest and get their legs back under them.

Oh and btw a school like Vandy that has stayed relatively healthy and has kept a good rotation still has D1 players. It's not a mystery that they beat us in the second half of that game. We were clearly better in the first half but we looked like we were playing in mud as the game wore on. Excuses... maybe. But I've been there, done that and can tell you it's a real factor.

Also, please don't transition this conversation to strength and conditioning. We know that was an issue and it's been addressed.

Reactions: 10 people

Quit coming in here with logic and factual information. We ain't got time for all that mess.

LB play wasn't that great the first 2-3 games of the season when our DTs were healthy either though.

They looked great the second half of UF, but other than that never looked much more than solid

Breakerboy you're a coach so you know very well how critical push on the dline is for linebackers to be able to flow to the football. It is not possible to overstate how much it hurt for us to lose O'Brien, Tuttle and Kmac. We were plugging in defensive ends at tackle and hoping they could get the job done. Couple that with the fact that Kirkland was out 60% of the season and Reeves-Maybin was out 90% of the season and it's pretty easy to figure out why we were gassed and simply getting pushed around at the end of the regular season. Don't know if you played any college ball but if you did you also know that it's an incredible grind under normal circumstances. All I'm trying to say is that the rash of injury (and the O'BRIEN dismissal) decimated our defensive interior. The negative mouth breathers will say it's an excuse, but it's the primary reason our D sucked at the end of the regular season. It's not at all surprising to me that we were so much better defensively in our bowl game after many of the guys were able to get some rest and get their legs back under them.

Oh and btw a school like Vandy that has stayed relatively healthy and has kept a good rotation still has D1 players. It's not a mystery that they beat us in the second half of that game. We were clearly better in the first half but we looked like we were playing in mud as the game wore on. Excuses... maybe. But I've been there, done that and can tell you it's a real factor.

Also, please don't transition this conversation to strength and conditioning. We know that was an issue and it's been addressed.

This is probably the most reasoned post that I've seen to date, regarding last year. :hi:

Reactions: 2 people

Good post!

VN Store

Back