'18 FL CB Tanner Ingle (UT commit 6/19/17)

I love the little guys that play fearless with a big chip on their shoulder. He looks like he is about 5'8 though. We really need to hit on some corners that can hold up outside. I feel really good about every position group except DB in this class atm.

That's what concerns me. Lack of size and it looks to me like both CB's committed are nickel types. Our need isn't at nickel, I'm actually surprised they are taking 2 of those types in this class. We need guys on the outside with some length and size who can compete with all these big-time SEC WR's. I don't see that at all with Cross or Ingle.

That's what concerns me. Lack of size and it looks to me like both CB's committed are nickel types. Our need isn't at nickel, I'm actually surprised they are taking 2 of those types in this class. We need guys on the outside with some length and size who can compete with all these big-time SEC WR's. I don't see that at all with Cross or Ingle.
Maybe both won't end up signing. Wouldn't be the first time.

This class will morph quite a bit over the next few months, I think.

Yes, I agree, he is a safety. But, although he seems like a great returner, saying he is a CP type is pushing it. I agree with what a couple of other posters have said, the "Honey Badger" 2.0. Mathieu was a great safety, highlight hitter, turnover inducing machine, returner and even a punt blocker. Ingle has done all those things in high school. Hopefully, at UT, he continues to produce, in all these areas

Mathieu was a highlight hitter against everyone but DaRick.Who ***** slapped him,drug him 20 yards down field and then told him about it.All while being high on weed and lusting after fat white girls.:)

Reactions: 4 people
This class will morph quite a bit over the next few months, I think.

I think it will at certain spots for sure. Not sure about DB / Cornerback though. That'll be interesting to watch. We don't seem to be in it with a lot of big-time CB's this cycle. Horn and McMichael are about it and we are clearly behind other schools with those two.

Is John Campbell next? This has to help our odds with him

Oh hell, Campbell and Ingle, both go to Dr. Phillips, in Orlando. Didn't notice that, until u said something. That would be a great package deal. Campbell is a big-time OL and UT is in his top 10. Go get him, Wells or Beard or Scott or whoever, just make it happen. We would have an unbelievable class on both sides of the line, if UT can pull this kid, too

Mathieu was a highlight hitter against everyone but DaRick.Who ***** slapped him,drug him 20 yards down field and then told him about it.All while being high on weed and lusting after fat white girls.:)

Yeah, I 4got about that. I loved that play, because I couldn't stand the Honey Badger and all the talking he did. Man, DaRick was a beast, what a waste. I know be had one pretty good half-year, at the Colts, but he should still be in the league, with his talent

Yeah, I 4got about that. I loved that play, because I couldn't stand the Honey Badger and all the talking he did. Man, DaRick was a beast, what a waste. I know be had one pretty good half-year, at the Colts, but he should still be in the league, with his talent
Yeah he was a beast.Should be an All Pro in the league right now.The catches he made against Cincinnati and Vandy were 2 of the best I can remember a Vol making.He had unbelievable ability. Shame he wasted it.

Last edited:

Can one of them punt?

Cross and Ingle are about the same size, with McClay being about 2 in taller, but much lighter. Reminds me of Moseley when he came in. I trust the staffs evals and the direction they want to go. Our tallest CB's are all 6'1'' (Martin, Gaulden, Henderson), the rest are all 5'10-6'0. Even the Safties are 5'11 to 6'0. I know we would like taller rangy CB's, but we have waht we have and it looks like the trend continues with this class. Height can also be negated somewhat with good technique i.e. jam, footwork, recovery, riding out the WR etc.

No and not really.

Campbell is a Cane. Been that way for months.

I know u are the expert with all things Florida, but it can't hurt our chances, by having a teammate of Campbell's committed to UT. U never know, they could be BFF and always dreamed of playing college ball together

I like Ingle's pursuit, instincts, and the fact that he will come up and hit you. He takes good angles too. The last few seasons I have hated how our safeties sit back or come in with bad angles, missing tackles, and allowing big plays that could have been prevented. It'd be nice to have a roster full of safeties that can take good angles and pop people in the mouth.

I still hope we get a couple prominent CBs with this class though. I'd like to see some elite guys like Horn, McMichael, or Miner. We are losing 4 CBs after this season. While I trust the staff, not everybody is a diamond in the rough, Cam Sutton type. We need some elite guys to come in and lock down the secondary.

Ingle is def nickle. He says it in the VQ article Ron posted a snippet of. So they like him in that role and I can see why. Cross I don't know about. It is odd to have multiple smaller CBs but maybe they feeling nickle is a big need and rather have guys like Buchanon and Osborne on outside. I can't personally really argue with Shoops and Warrens histroy of developing Secondaries. outside of last year Shoops always had tough secondaries and Warren has had top performing secondaries each year it seems. Like someone else said as well who knows if both sign here anyway

Cross and Ingle are about the same size, with McClay being about 2 in taller, but much lighter. Reminds me of Moseley when he came in. I trust the staffs evals and the direction they want to go. Our tallest CB's are all 6'1'' (Martin, Gaulden, Henderson), the rest are all 5'10-6'0. Even the Safties are 5'11 to 6'0. I know we would like taller rangy CB's, but we have waht we have and it looks like the trend continues with this class. Height can also be negated somewhat with good technique i.e. jam, footwork, recovery, riding out the WR etc.

yea i trust their evals of the secondary - they have been impenetrable the last few years.......:thud:

Reactions: 1 person
I know u are the expert with all things Florida, but it can't hurt our chances, by having a teammate of Campbell's committed to UT. U never know, they could be BFF and always dreamed of playing college ball together

I've heard Tennessee isn't really recruiting Campbell. They have put all their eggs in the Carvin basket for the last scholarship. Remember they are in great shape for two of the Top OT's in the '19 class and a future 5* in the '20 class.

McClay is a baller with the ball in his hands. I hope we can keep him and put him at WR

He's going to end up JUCO. It'll be interesting to see how he progresses over the next two years. He's someone who I could see ending up being a fairly big-time recruit 2 years down the road.

Ingle is def nickle. He says it in the VQ article Ron posted a snippet of. So they like him in that role and I can see why. Cross I don't know about. It is odd to have multiple smaller CBs but maybe they feeling nickle is a big need and rather have guys like Buchanon and Osborne on outside. I can't personally really argue with Shoops and Warrens histroy of developing Secondaries. outside of last year Shoops always had tough secondaries and Warren has had top performing secondaries each year it seems. Like someone else said as well who knows if both sign here anyway

It seems like we've recruited far more nickel types the last few years than true outside CB's. It's gotten to the point where they now have to move some of those guys outside like Osborne. I remember him being recruited as a nickel a couple of classes ago. The jury is still out on Shoop. This year will tell the story on him. I just worry that he's simply a bad fit for this program. Who knows, but if anyone on the staff is on the hot seat going into this year it has to be him.

well, if we keep getting big time DT/DE's....it may not matter who is on the back end.:)

i do agree, though, it seems we're going after a "type" in this class at CB. good thing about nickel guys is they can provide some flexibility....and if athletic enough, they can play special teams, or move to offense if need be....not saying that's the case here, but guys like this may give them options elsewhere on the roster.

i still want to see some more movement at LB. we need more of those.

yea i trust their evals of the secondary - they have been impenetrable the last few years.......:thud:

Different DB coach. But, I know that makes no difference to someone like you that is just cut out to be negative, or hoping and praying some jack wad poster gives you a like.

Reactions: 4 people
Different DB coach. But, I know that makes no difference to someone like you that is just cut out to be negative, or hoping and praying some jack wad poster gives you a like.

But in BleedingButch's defense, Shoop was suppose to be a DB guru. So far he has been far from it!

It seems like we've recruited far more nickel types the last few years than true outside CB's. It's gotten to the point where they now have to move some of those guys outside like Osborne. I remember him being recruited as a nickel a couple of classes ago. The jury is still out on Shoop. This year will tell the story on him. I just worry that he's simply a bad fit for this program. Who knows, but if anyone on the staff is on the hot seat going into this year it has to be him.[/QUOTE

How much of it do you think can be attributed to Martinez being a bad position coach? Shoop had good defensive squads at Vandy and PSU. DT play was questionable even when guys were healthy though.

VN Store

Back