18 Early Enrollees On Campus

When I was in high school no one graduated early. Are students a lot smarter these days or is school a lot easier? Some of my grandkids graduated early and I don’t think they are super smart (They can tap on their phones really fast though).

18 guys getting extra snaps and S&C prior to fall camp will be huge, especially for those that are on the cusp of starting or 2-deep in the rotation.

Also more time to learn and adjust to the high tempo offense.

Not just the new comers. The whole team needs this improvement. They seemed to be to anxious and not mentally ready quickly enough a lot of the time last season. Which led to blocking, pass route, and penalty problems.

Reactions: MikeTheVol
When I was in high school no one graduated early. Are students a lot smarter these days or is school a lot easier? Some of my grandkids graduated early and I don’t think they are super smart (They can tap on their phones really fast though).
We didn't have the opportunity (Class of 96). Now you can take extra classes for extra credit, summer school, online courses, and even take college courses before you graduate for college credit.

We didn't have the opportunity (Class of 96). Now you can take extra classes for extra credit, summer school, online courses, and even take college courses before you graduate for college credit.
Yeah its crazy my wife started college as a sophomore because she had so many credits that she earned in HS.

Reactions: VOLfrombama

I can't answer your question but I wish my daughter's school would allow her to start college level classes early. She has a bad case of 'senioritis'. She also doesn't 'fit' socially with a lot of her classmates. I asked school administrators whether she could substitute classes at a local cc that were equivalent / higher than what she would be taking. I think her motivation would be a lot better. I was told no, she couldn't do it. Her school is private so There was probably a monetary component to the denial. I think its good that these kids are coming into UT early both for the football aspect and also acclimating to a university environment.

Reactions: murfvol1
On3 sports gave our DE signee, Pearce a 5th star. Apparently, On3 thinks he's the best pure pass rusher in the class. Much needed!!!
And Joshua Josephs isn't that far behind.

Young or not, we need both of these guys sooner rather than later. Even in limited freshman snaps they can help.

Young or not, we need both of these guys sooner rather than later. Even in limited freshman snaps they can help.
Better hope both academically make it school and finish strong or so called promising future pass rush tandem will never happen ..

And also both need weight room work bad to be able to play as freshmen ..I see both on special teams till the following year ..

I'm excited about Tayven Jackson who might be our QB of the future
I’m excited that we may have a talented young QB, who can learn and grow within a system and not just be thrown into the fire with unreasonable expectations!
GBO!!

VN Store

Back