'17 VA DT Jordan Williams (Clemson commit)

2017 recruiting is what I am focused on. You can't just recruit well for a couple of years and rest on your efforts. Clemson comes into Tennessee and takes Richardson, Higgins, and Rodgers. They flip Johnson and now take Williams. We lose Moore to USCe. Just what will it take before you start to get concerned with what is going on with this class?

I'll be worried in late January. No need until then. Lost of football to be played and visits to take until then.

:lolabove:If the staff is okay I'm okay with it instead of listening to people who know next to nothing about recruiting or evaluating talent...:lolabove:

Reactions: 1 person
That is true. We are sitting on 23 recruits right now though. I don't see us culling that many to turn this class around.

We will hand out MANY gitshirts in this class. We recruit to fill needs and when a player at a position of need wants to go all in, we do what we have to do to make room. That's how it has been since CBJ got here. The fact is, it kind of sucks, but the kid being committed to an SEC school does nothing but help them when they start looking for another landing spot.

2017 recruiting is what I am focused on. You can't just recruit well for a couple of years and rest on your efforts. Clemson comes into Tennessee and takes Richardson, Higgins, and Rodgers. They flip Johnson and now take Williams. We lose Moore to USCe. Just what will it take before you start to get concerned with what is going on with this class?

Jesus man you just really dont get it do you? Whats it going to take for you to realize THIS CLASS WILL LOOK DIFFERNT IN FEBRUARY THAN IT DOES AT THE BEGINNING OF AUGUST. Clemson hasnt officially taken anyone yet. They have verbal pledges from those players which means absolutely jack until NSD. Now, those players could sign with Clemson, then again they may not. The simple fact that you cannot grip is its still a long way until NSD.

Whats it going to take for me to be concerned? I will tell you. If the Vols perform up to expectations this year and this class is still like it is now, then I will be concerned. So basically, I will start being very concerned in January. You and some others seem to think every time a guy verbally pledges to play at a school that its automatically over. Nobody know what will happen. It really doesnt even matter if those players are actively recruiting for the school they pledged to. Anything can happen. But i know all of the logic is lost on you and some others. So continue to ignorantly freak out over absolutely nothing though. Its comical if nothing else.

Reactions: 2 people
:lolabove:If the staff is okay I'm okay with it instead of listening to people who know next to nothing about recruiting or evaluating talent...:lolabove:

Pffftt. Dont you know? The fans always know much, much more about recruiting than the coaches. I mean the only reason Saban, Dabo and Meyer recruit like they do is because they consult their fanbase to evaluate talent.

Jesus man you just really dont get it do you? Whats it going to take for you to realize THIS CLASS WILL LOOK DIFFERNT IN FEBRUARY THAN IT DOES AT THE BEGINNING OF AUGUST. Clemson hasnt officially taken anyone yet. They have verbal pledges from those players which means absolutely jack until NSD. Now, those players could sign with Clemson, then again they may not. The simple fact that you cannot grip is its still a long way until NSD.

Whats it going to take for me to be concerned? I will tell you. If the Vols perform up to expectations this year and this class is still like it is now, then I will be concerned. So basically, I will start being very concerned in January. You and some others seem to think every time a guy verbally pledges to play at a school that its automatically over. Nobody know what will happen. It really doesnt even matter if those players are actively recruiting for the school they pledged to. Anything can happen. But i know all of the logic is lost on you and some others. So continue to ignorantly freak out over absolutely nothing though. Its comical if nothing else.

See Drew Richmond. We will be fine, Eastside. Sit back and enjoy the ride.

CBJ is resting on recruiting? LOL

BTW, Richardson and Rodgers were NEVER coming here...

I'll get concerned in January....not now

This has been pointed out to this goof several times. He's a straight up troll that should be ridiculed, blocked, and shoved off of the island.

Reactions: 3 people

It's not a good sign when the talented guys from instate aren't even considering the state school. Saying they were NEVER coming here doesn't make it ok. To me it just looks worse.

a lot of yall suck as fans. definitely fanatics though.

fanatic
noun: a person filled with excessive and single-minded zeal, especially for an extreme religious or political cause.

This has been pointed out to this goof several times. He's a straight up troll that should be ridiculed, blocked, and shoved off of the island.

Look, I know it was an outside chance that we landed Rodgers and/or Richardson. Has it ever occurred to you that it might be a problem when in-state recruits do not even consider going to UT? Several people are asking the question, you might consider giving it some thought.

Last edited:
Richmond, Malone, Phillips, etc. Butch knows how to close. Aint worried bout nothin.

Eastside had all of those (cept Malone from the previous class) gone for us two classes ago. Troll season.

Look, I know it was an outside chance that we landed Rodgers and/or Richardson. Has it ever occurred to you that it might be a problem when in-state recruits do not even consider going to UT? Several people are asking the question, you might consider giving it some thought.

It never was because neither player was high on the coaches board. What occurs to me is when you include these players in your crusade to prove there is something wrong with in state recruiting is that you are either clueless or trolling. And I'm guessing the latter. The only reason several people are asking is because one person, that would be you, keeps bringing it up.

Reactions: 7 people
4 of the top 7 players are leaving the state this year and you say that no one cares? You can leave me off that list, especially when you consider that Higgins and Stevens are both 5 star recruits.

So what's your solution? Or just like the rest complain but no solution?

I'm not sure all those guys are going to Clemson.
At Auburn, at GaTech (Wishbone) and at Fla State.
The rest of their schedule is really bad.
Watson will go to NFL and no comparable backup on the bench or coming in.
Butch is a good closer with parents, who don't want to hear "I told you so" from now on.

VN Store

Back