'17 TN ATH Jacoby Stevens (LSU commit)

Tennessee - Eric Berry
Georgia - AJ Green, Geno Atkins, Justin Houston
LSU - Odell Beckham Jr., Patrick Peterson

Eric Berry is the greatest college DB I've ever seen. So no, Cam Sutton is not better than him as a prospect.

I must admit that Eric Berry hasn't been as good in the NFL as I thought he was gonna be. I thought he would be a Ed Reed/ Sean Taylor hybrid and a surefire Hall of Famer. Compared to my expectations, I consider his NFL career to be a bit disappointing.

Hmm, funny how now when it suits your argument you are talking him up

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Never said he wasn't a great coach. But his poor talent identification is why most of his high draft picks have been busts in the NFL.

Like I said in another thread, Julio Jones is the only NFL superstar Saban has produced in 10 years at Alabama.

That's rather pathetic.

If anything this is proof of how great a coach he is. Maybe he brings out the best in his personnel, better than even the all mighty and powerful NFL head coach.

Eric Berry had cancer. Beat it. And then made it to the pro bowl... He is legend. The fact that anyone could call his career disappointing is just embarrassing. But I can’t say I am shocked by D4H. I hope Eric can come back from his torn Achilles. It’s a really tough injury to recover from.

Reactions: 3 people
Eric Berry had cancer. Beat it. And then made it to the pro bowl... He is legend. The fact that anyone could call his career disappointing is just embarrassing. But I can’t say I am shocked by D4H. I hope Eric can come back from his torn Achilles. It’s a really tough injury to recover from.

I usually don’t mind D4H but he goes too far with the Berry Talk. Got no patience for that

Reactions: 2 people
Never said he wasn't a great coach. But his poor talent identification is why most of his high draft picks have been busts in the NFL.

Like I said in another thread, Julio Jones is the only NFL superstar Saban has produced in 10 years at Alabama.

That's rather pathetic.

Saban's job is to win championships at Alabama not to create all pros and Hall of Famers.

Reactions: 1 person
Hmm, funny how now when it suits your argument you are talking him up

Maybe you can't tell the difference between a guy being first ballot Hall of Fame and being a superstar. Eric Berry has been great in the NFL but I had higher expectations for him.

If I was around this site in 2010, I would have been talking about Eric Berry like I talk about Josh Dobbs.

I would have been calling him arguably the best ever. And compared to those expectations he has not been that good. He has disappointed me given my sky high expectations for him.

I anticipate that this DB we steal from LSU will work out much better than our Janzen Jackson fiasco did.
..and NO, I am not comparing him to him.

If Josh Dobbs only makes a couple of pro bowls and has a career like Philip Rivers where he never wins a super bowl, I would consider it very disappointing.

Eric Berry didn't meet MY expectations. That's why I consider his career disappointing.

If Josh Dobbs only makes a couple of pro bowls and has a career like Philip Rivers where he never wins a super bowl, I would consider it very disappointing.

Eric Berry didn't meet MY expectations. That's why I consider his career disappointing.

At a minimum, he was the best safety in the world in 2016. Maybe the problem is your ‘expectation’ and not the player

Reactions: 1 person

Holy crap your dumb. Eric Berry is a all pro player. No ifs ands or buts about it. He plays on the chiefs is his only downfall. I can think of about 31 other teams that would love t have him. Now I get it you watch a lot of film. Well I watch a lot of house remodeling shows doesn't mean I'm a carpenter.

Reactions: 3 people

You have very interesting opinions

VN Store

Back