'17 TN ATH Amari Rodgers (Clemson commit)

Hunter Johnson is negatively recruiting against UT, too. Recruits who aren't committed to the Vols aren't going to be singing our praises.

These kids don't care about a Title IX lawsuit that has nothing to do with them. By NSD, it won't be old news; it will be ancient.

A kid from Indiana with no affiliation to the program means a lot less than a legacy recruit that happens to reside in the same town the university is located in.

Reactions: 1 person
Who cares who negatively recruits against us, and how is that news? Anyone committed to another school does it, even though frankly it only makes them look bad and recruits/parents read through that bs. It's been happening for years and will continue and we've been fine and will continue to recruit at a high level. If you ain't with us, you're against us. He and HJ can meet up and exchange ZJ's for all I care.

Reactions: 2 people
A kid from Indiana with no affiliation to the program means a lot less than a legacy recruit that happens to reside in the same town the university is located in.

Amari Rodgers didn't grow up with his father and has limited interaction with his father and his father's family. His father coaches at another school and recruits against UT himself. Being a legacy doesn't mean all that much to this kid.

Losing a hometown kid like Tee Higgins, who grew up loving the Vols and was once committed to UT, is worse, IMO.

Reactions: 4 people
Amari Rodgers didn't grow up with his father and has limited interaction with his father and his father's family. His father coaches at another school and recruits against UT himself. Being a legacy doesn't mean all that much to this kid.

Losing a hometown kid like Tee Higgins, who grew up loving the Vols and was once committed to UT, is worse, IMO.

Amari is short and not going to play on Sunday. Not up to UT WR standards.

THiggins IS NOT going to Greenville. Clowning Dabo.

Lot of folks in this thread who either "don't care" or "don't think this is news" but took the time to click on the thread and comment. The son of our starting QB during our last NV season is actively recruiting against us. Of course it's news. It's the offseason, people have updated threads with a lot less pertinent info than this.

I agree. Not digging on Tee at all, but I think aside from playing at UT, he's shown that he will do his own thing come professionally and that's certainly his prerogative. I don't think this kid feels that special connection that some legacies feel to represent their family, heritage. I totally respect that.

In the end, I want kids that want to be here, legacy or not.

I mean no disrespect to Tee. I know him and like him. I appreciate his contributions to UT and know that, as a former player, he has a lot of respect for UT. But Tee's job is to represent SC and sometimes, UT and SC recruit the same players. Amari Rodgers isn't a typical legacy recruit-- that's all I'm saying.

Reactions: 1 person
Lot of folks in this thread who either "don't care" or "don't think this is news" but took the time to click on the thread and comment. The son of our starting QB during our last NV season is actively recruiting against us. Of course it's news. It's the offseason, people have updated threads with a lot less pertinent info than this.

Last Nevada season? :unsure:

Reactions: 5 people
I mean no disrespect to Tee. I know him and like him. I appreciate his contributions to UT and know that, as a former player, he has a lot of respect for UT. But Tee's job is to represent SC and sometimes, UT and SC recruit the same players. Amari Rodgers isn't a typical legacy recruit-- that's all I'm saying.

Appreciate this post. :hi:

I guess I'm indifferent. Obviously I don't want him negative recruiting, but everyone we're recruiting against will be. As long as Higgins doesn't buy into what he is selling, I'm fine. I'm not sure we have a spot for Rogers anyway. He's the third best receiver in the state IMO.

Amari and Tee are close. Relationships are a huge factor in this. Also Clemson has had a better 5-10 years than us. These things matter in recruiting. Tradition isn't as big anymore. We all applauded Williams when he showed up to Auburn and recruited for UT. If one guy out of state was doing this for us in say Gainesville or Athens, then we would be singing his praises.

Tee has never been revered at Tn like he should have been. He brought a NC, not the guy before him but as far as they are treated, you would think the roles are reversed. Heck, some fans do think PM won one. Granted, that 98 defense was the fastest I've ever saw in person. i know this has been discussed ad nauseum even on radio, but I don't buy what the media is selling (don't buy Anything the media sells today) as for the reason Tee isn't honored like he should be. I don't buy the race card. Some? Probably. Most? Nay

Tee has never been revered at Tn like he should have been. He brought a NC, not the guy before him but as far as they are treated, you would think the roles are reversed. Heck, some fans do think PM won one. Granted, that 98 defense was the fastest I've ever saw in person. i know this has been discussed ad nauseum even on radio, but I don't buy what the media is selling (don't buy Anything the media sells today) as for the reason Tee isn't honored like he should be. I don't buy the race card. Some? Probably. Most? Nay

Yeah, it makes sense. Tennessee hates black athletes. When people mention Condredge Holloway, Al Wilson, and Reggie White, people typically respond with revulsion.

Reactions: 7 people
Yeah, it makes sense. Tennessee hates black athletes. When people mention Condredge Holloway, Al Wilson, and Reggie White, people typically respond with revulsion.

Oh please..Growing up every kid wanted to be Condredge Holloway or Willie Gault or Reggie White and the list goes on and on...UT attempted to bring back our NC hero Tee Martin and he turned us down flat to stay at USC...His choice and this is america and you can do whatever the hell you want to but saying UT doesn't embrace its black athletes is ridiculous.

Oh please..Growing up every kid wanted to be Condredge Holloway or Willie Gault or Reggie White and the list goes on and on...UT attempted to bring back our NC hero Tee Martin and he turned us down flat to stay at USC...His choice and this is america and you can do whatever the hell you want to but saying UT doesn't embrace its black athletes is ridiculous.

Yes.......it is.

Think he was being sarcastic Bubba.

Easy cowboy! Shot your own horse. :gun:

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people

We are also a school who encourages the rape of women. Just look at the Title IX lawsuit. We are sexist, racist and bigoted hethens.

Hopefully most understand the joke here but just in case... :)

fB19z.gif

Reactions: 9 people
Hey, let's ignore this kid Rodgers.
He's too short to compete in the sec.
We don't need him.
He talks too much for a 17 yo punk.
Let his thread fade to the bottom of this board just as have his chances to play big time ball.

Reactions: 6 people

How in the world? Is it really that hard to catch sarcasm? C'mon man.

VN Store

Back