'17 IN QB Hunter Johnson (Former UT Commit 8/23/15) (Clemson commit)

I'll try to keep this response politically correct to avoid another deletion but...

I strongly dislike this guy. He rolled into our place and recruited for Clemson. It's highly possible he was directly responsible for Tee Higgins following him to Clemson.

As Senor Swanson said, karma is a B. He made his bed. Now he should go to Purdue or Northwestern and live with it.

I really really hope we don't take him. Or maybe we offer him than pull it away. That would be better.

Reactions: 7 people
I don't wish the kid bad but he did TN dirty and acted like a little punk. Tee is a superstar in the making and we could have used him. Sometimes life bites you back when you act like a fool. I'm sure he and Tee had a good laugh at TN's expense this last season but who is laughing now? A lot of us.

Reactions: 1 person
He's choosing between Purdue and Northwestern and no we don't want him. He came on a visit just before decommitting for the sole purpose of trying to pull recruits to Clemson and negative recruit UT. He's credited for talking Tee Higgins into switching to Clemson. He can take his butt somewhere else IMO.

Damn, if he is that powerful I certainly want him to come here. I mean any 18 year old that recruits that well is a great addition to any program.

No. If he really played a role in Higgins going to Clemson then to heck with him. Let him go to obscurity at Northwestern or Purdue. Even an alleged 5 Star QB won’t help them enough to matter. CJP will get us a stud QB that wants to be a Vol.

He's choosing between Purdue and Northwestern and no we don't want him. He came on a visit just before decommitting for the sole purpose of trying to pull recruits to Clemson and negative recruit UT. He's credited for talking Tee Higgins into switching to Clemson. He can take his butt somewhere else IMO.

Who is this "we" you are talking about? The staff? Us fans? This is the real world where kids make mistakes. If he can help make the team better, then h*** yes we want him. Saltiness will get you nowhere.

All of the people on here crying because he recruited players to go to Clemson with him is pathetic. Had he signed with us (Vols) and gone to other schools like Georgia, Alabama, Clemson, Florida etc... and flipped players to come here you all would have been praising him. The hypocrisy is astonishing.

All of the people on here crying because he recruited players to go to Clemson with him is pathetic. Had he signed with us (Vols) and gone to other schools like Georgia, Alabama, Clemson, Florida etc... and flipped players to come here you all would have been praising him. The hypocrisy is astonishing.

He was COMMITTED to UT and on campus actively recruiting other recruits to join him at CLEMSON. No hypocrisy here, coach. He can kick rocks all the way to Purdue.

Reactions: 23 people

It's not hypocrisy, its being a fan.

I would understand completely if he did this for UT and one of the other teams said no thanks when he wanted to transfer.

Reactions: 1 person

Not true. I would expect other fan bases to feel the same way if a player did that to them. And why would they want that player on their team?

Reactions: 2 people

Here's the thing. If a player committed to say, Alabama, were to go there on a trip and recruit against them, we'd be happy with that, yes. It's not exactly morally the best thing to do, but whatever. We certainly wouldn't expect Alabama to want that player going forward either.

That's what the situation in here is, I think. Not that he practiced recruiting against the school that he committed to (regardless of what school), but that he did it to US. Not hypocritical, just critical.

There are people who are mad that he did it at all, and people who are mad that he did it to US, and I don't think many are saying both at the same time. That would be hypocritical.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Here's the thing. If a player committed to say, Alabama, were to go there on a trip and recruit against them, we'd be happy with that, yes. It's not exactly morally the best thing to do, but whatever. We certainly wouldn't expect Alabama to want that player going forward either.

That's what the situation in here is, I think. Not that he practiced recruiting against the school that he committed to (regardless of what school), but that he did it to US. Not hypocritical, just critical.

There are people who are mad that he did it at all, and people who are mad that he did it to US, and I don't think many are saying both at the same time, that would be hypocritical.

I think the point is it's understandable (not hypocritical) to not want him to sign here anymore.

Reactions: 3 people
Who is this "we" you are talking about? The staff? Us fans? This is the real world where kids make mistakes. If he can help make the team better, then h*** yes we want him. Saltiness will get you nowhere.

"We" as in me and a lot of other Vols fans that remember what a ****head he is. Now "we" can also title him a quitter because he just quit on his team because of his perceived entitlement. You want him to come to UT so he can just quit when he doesn't start here either. No thanks. :hi:

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back