'17 GA OLB/DE Robert Beal (UGA commit)

I believe Kid was rated #1 in country in his class at his position on a site. Kind of crazy to look at his competiton for playing time at OLb there was a Azeez who was a beast as a redshirt freshman this yr, Jermaine Johnson the #1 juco in country last yr and Nolan Smith #1 overall last yr... so before anyone goes Gucci you should understand we ain’t got nothing close to that to compete with at OLB next yr so this kid could be just fine

I believe Kid was rated #1 in country in his class at his position on a site. Kind of crazy to look at his competiton for playing time at OLb there was a Azeez who was a beast as a redshirt freshman this yr, Jermaine Johnson the #1 juco in country last yr and Nolan Smith #1 overall last yr... so before anyone goes Gucci you should understand we ain’t got nothing close to that to compete with at OLB next yr so this kid could be just fine
Agree. I bet we go after him after signing day. We don’t have anyone who you would categorize as elite at OLB right now. We need depth, and this kid was pursued by Pruitt for a reason. Unless he has some character issues or something, this is a no brainer

Reactions: Lane Train 4

Tennessee coaches tried to recruit this kid, do you think he comes here?

He would be great added depth and size. I know we have a bunch of LB coming in, but this would be a nice get. He could see playing time right away.

The problem would be that UGA screwed the kid by playing him in the GA Tech game that would cause him to lose his year of eligibility if I am correct.

Wow, this thread reminded me that I actually have used the ignore feature in the past.

Wonder if he will be joining the Memphis 5 and Jay Hardy for brunch.
Memphis 5? Is that similar to the Crowder 5? He was our best Center that year

This would be a great pickup if we can swing it. At worst it adds solid depth to a position that is lacking.

He only played in 3 games...I don't know how much in those games. I have no idea if the coaches would be interested or not, but it would be an awesome story if Pruitt could take a Kirby player that didn't do much and turn him into a star.

UGA has him listed as 5 games.

I know that he has already taken a redshirt, so the additional game play wouldn't have mattered. I think he has been recruited over at Georgia as well. So either they are very deep at that position. Or he isn't playing up to his expectations. But who knows, Pruitt seems to know how to coach guys up.

idc how many games he played in...we need edge guys, and if we're still light there, and he's willing, i could see us kicking the tires.

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol

VN Store

Back