'17 GA CB/WR Jamyest Williams (S. Carolina commit)

If USCe tanks this year and we win those games we are supposed to win and I feel a great deal may change in the recruiting landscape

He knows, he's just being negative.

I don't think it's just being negative. USCe is closing in on us. They were behind us by almost 2 points as far as average star rating goes. Adding their 3 recent commits has them now less than 1 point behind us as we're both now in the 86's. They look to be adding another 4* WR any time now which will make it even closer when comparing our class to theirs.

I did check to see what would happen IF the WR commits to USCe. OrTre Smith is getting a bunch of CBs to the cocks. IF he commits that would give them 22 commits to our 24. They would also overtake us for 10th on the composite with 222.46 points to our 221.51.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
They are going to be UF lite under Muschamp. He had a great defense at UF, South Carolina is going to be good there but not at the UF level. The recruiting is no where close to the same.

Offense is probably going to be worse than it was at UF.

I'm surprised he is not recruiting better than he is. He should be closer to where CBJ was his first year and it isn't close. He has playing time to sell in droves and they just have 3 or 4 great recruits right now, the rest are mediocre.

Selling USC and UT aren't the same.

IMG looked like the better D by far. IMG players taunt Williams after the game, say being a USCe commit is weak sauce (no mention of pumping gas at USC). It was funny ESPN kept showing him at 5'10", he is 5'7" maaaaybe. Kid has heart and determination. If he was 5'10 he would be a top 25 player.

Reactions: 1 person
Selling USC and UT aren't the same.

It wasn't tough for Spurrier.

Regardless of facilities Muschamp can still sell more recent success, playing time, and how many defensive players are in the NFL that played under him. Just thought he would be further along in his defensive recruiting at this point.

Last edited:
I don't think it's just being negative. USCe is closing in on us. They were behind us by almost 2 points as far as average star rating goes. Adding their 3 recent commits has them now less than 1 point behind us as we're both now in the 86's. They look to be adding another 4* WR any time now which will make it even closer when comparing our class to theirs.

I did check to see what would happen IF the WR commits to USCe. OrTre Smith is getting a bunch of CBs to the cocks. IF he commits that would give them 22 commits to our 24. They would also overtake us for 10th on the composite with 222.46 points to our 221.51.

I'm assuming Tre Smith is someone different than Trey Smith who has 100% CBs to UT as a 5*. When you do your ridiculous hypotheticals please don't treat our class as stagnant. We are waiting for our highest rated players to commit.

Reactions: 2 people
I'm assuming Tre Smith is someone different than Trey Smith who has 100% CBs to UT as a 5*. When you do your ridiculous hypotheticals please don't treat our class as stagnant. We are waiting for our highest rated players to commit.

Yes, OrTre Smith is a 4* WR. Just pointing out that USCe is NOT far behind us on the composite as suggested. I do expect they overtake us ranking wise(with less commitments)long before Trey does something in Dec or Jan.

IMG looked like the better D by far. IMG players taunt Williams after the game, say being a USCe commit is weak sauce (no mention of pumping gas at USC). It was funny ESPN kept showing him at 5'10", he is 5'7" maaaaybe. Kid has heart and determination. If he was 5'10 he would be a top 25 player.

Yeah if he was 5'10" he would be an amazing prospect. IMO he's too small to make a big impact. I think he becomes a Isaiah McKenzie type player in college. Return dynamo who makes a few plays in the base offense/defense.

He isn't a big time prospect because of his size.

I think what concerns me the most about this...more so than the impending bomb and black eye on our program that would be USCe overtaking us by decimal points in the composite ranking in September...is the fact that we lost out on someone who is Jamyest...if he were just Jamy or Jamyer it would be one thing...but Jamyest? C'mon Butch!!!! Get ahold of this right now before we go straight off the cliff!!!

Sept 2016 and someone posting on VolNation is concerned about our recruiting rankings - go figure. :blink:

Enjoy the ride between now and Feb 2017 fellas :popcorn:

Let's hope so. I think it will happen to some degree

Us winning will impact the '18 class more than the current one.

Winning this year might help us with one or two guys we don't know of yet or someone we've already written off. I highly doubt waves of kids will suddenly have a change of heart.

Winning this year might help us with one or two guys we don't know of yet or someone we've already written off. I highly doubt waves of kids will suddenly have a change of heart.

I agree. It won't make much difference this year. Folks need to realize a class in that 13-18 range is likely it for 2017.

Yes, even with Trey Smith and 2-3 more 4* additions is needed to even get to 13-18.

Last edited:

A bigger impact for this year's class would be other teams's performance this year and coaching changes at end of season.

If Clemson bombed the season or Dabo left for another team, most certainly would put us back in with Higgins.

I agree. It won't make much difference this year. Folks need to realize a class in that 13-18 range is likely it for 2017.

Yes, even with Trey Smith and 2-3 more 4* additions is needed to even get to 13-18.

I'd take a 13 - 18 finish, and be happy with it

What another 13-18 finish tells me is we had better win the SEC this year because we're taking a step back after back to back "decent" classes.

You're right it would be a step back, and he can't follow 2018 with a similar class, if it ends up in that 15 - 20 range. I still think he's got a few surprises for us before NSD

You're right it would be a step back, and he can't follow 2018 with a similar class, if it ends up in that 15 - 20 range. I still think he's got a few surprises for us before NSD

I am hoping we get a few good ones before NSD. I'm hoping for Smith, either Harris or Payton at WR, maybe Wade or try and flip Pitts. Also hoping McKenzie may still be possible.

VN Store

Back