'17 FL RB Michael Carter

@rivalsmike: 2017 RB Michael Carter out of Florida is planning trips this summer to #Auburn, #LSU, #Miami, #Tennessee and possibly #Clemson.

Sophomore Highlights

Man this kid is good. Reminds me of Isaiah McKenzie in the slot. He's got more bulk and looks more physical thank McKenzie, but when he gets in space you'll see what I'm takling about.

"Carter has visited Knoxville twice in the past and says they're the early team to beat.

"The atmosphere up there. Everyone is friendly."

Alabama and LSU are also showing personal interest along with Georgia."

-247 Sports

Says "the Vols are recruiting him the hardest."

Reactions: 1 person
CA4dd0bWYAAooxv.jpg

Is that a UT shirt hes wearing?

Dude's fast, no doubt about that! Reminds me of Pig Howard. I think we should keep our eyes on this kid. And of course that's what he meant highspeed :eek:lol:

three-star junior running back michael carter of navarre (fla.) high school told 247sports' chris nee on monday that he's planning to attend tennessee's junior day march 5.

The 5-foot-8, 185-pound carter claims scholarship offers from tennessee and at least a handful of other teams, including florida, mississippi state, south florida, west virginia and florida atlantic.

Played in three games as a junior before hyperextending his knee against Booker T. Washington and missing the remainder of the season. In his first two games he rushed for 466 yards and 7 touchdowns averaging 12.6 yards per carry.

Michael Carter is no stranger to the hilly Tennessee campus.
The Navarre (Fla.) High School running back made his third visit to Knoxville for an invite-only junior day on March 5, getting to sit down more with Vols running backs coach Robert Gillespie.
“I spent more time with coach Gillespie, the running back coach,” Carter told InsideTennessee. “We talked more about scheme and fitting into the program.
“I think he’s a great guy. He’s like an uncle.”
The Scout three-star prospect and No. 7-ranked back in the Sunshine State’s 2017 class hears the message fourth-year coach Butch Jones and staff loud and clear.
“You come here and they always preach on family environment and it’s really that,” Carter said. “And it’s SEC, state of the art facilities. There always talking about maximizing your potential and that’s what I want.”
In 2015, Tennessee ranked No. 20 in the nation averaging 223.7 yards per game and tied for No. 21 nationally with 32 rushing touchdowns. Those numbers came in the first year of offensive coordinator Mike DeBord calling plays on The Hill.
“I like how much they use their running backs in their offense,” Carter said, “and how they get them the ball in open space different ways. (Gillespie) says they want playmakers. They like to make plays, and I like to make plays.”
The work done by Orange & White coaches appears to be paying off as the 5-foot-9, 185-pounder said Tennessee is “definitely one of my top schools right now.” Also mentioned were Mississippi State, USF, Virginia and West Virginia.
Carter suffered a season-ending knee injury in early September after running for 459 yards in only a handful of games. Carter said he is now “good to go.”

VN Store

Back