'17 CT QB CJ Lewis (Former TN commit 7/23/16)

Hmmmm, this will be questioned.

Of course it will. 5 stars are questioned on here lol.

If Butch wants him that's all that matters. Teams need backup QB's, don't they?

Dormady, Jones and JG in front of him and hopefully Emory Jones behind him. We good.

Reactions: 1 person
I would pass on a QB this class but that's just me.

Risky.

What IF Guarantano wins the starting job and Dormady transfers? I mean if QD is smart, he really has to at that point unless he's content with sitting the bench the rest of his college time. S. Jones is #2.

That's it. You don't have anyone else for 2017. Miss on Jones in 2018 and yikes. If JG is the FR starter at UT would Jones be wise coming in behind him? He's likely sitting for multiple years like Dormady behind Dobbs.

If the staff sees QD as the likely starter in 2017, it wouldn't be quite so risky.

IMO you gotta take one this year.

Last edited:
Risky.

What IF Guarantano wins the starting job and Dormady transfers? I mean if QD is smart, he really has to at that point unless he's content with sitting the bench the rest of his college time. S. Jones is #2.

That's it. You don't have anyone else for 2017. Miss on Jones in 2018 and yikes. If JG is the FR starter at UT would Jones be wise coming in behind him? He's likely sitting for multiple years like Dormady behind Dobbs.

This

Risky.

If the staff sees QD as the likely starter in 2017, it wouldn't be quite so risky.

Long way till 18. Take the marginal qb in 18 if you must.

This kid throws a pretty deep ball but it seems we could hold off on taking him and see how the season plays out first. It doesn't seem like there's many schools beating down his door.

Long way till 18. Take the marginal qb in 18 if you must.

I get the selling point of telling Jones we're not taking a guy in 2017 cause he's our guy in 2018.

I also think Jones wouldn't be overly concerned with Lewis on the depth chart. He'd be much more concerned with who starts QD or JG.

Risky.

I disagree. Juan Jennings could easily come in and be as serviceable as any walk-on or depth QB in an emergency situation. Nonetheless, we could find Walk-ons to throw a ball if that is what we are looking for. I would hate to use a spot on a QB this upcoming class...especially at this point in time where we are running out of spots and will need players to drop out in order to sign some highly rated players

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Fort coming out with this today, I can't help but think it's tied somehow to how the chat went yesterday with EJ and the staff.

We need a QB in this class for sure

I prefer one that comes with some feeling that success at the elite level is probable

Also, I know a lot of people like JG as do I, but he is going to redshirt this year and I highly doubt he will bypass QD for the starting job as a freshman in '17.

This guy, CJ, will sit 3/4th on the depth chart his whole career. If he is fortunate or there is injury, he may be a backup one day.

I'm not a professional scout like D4H but what I see in this guys tape is that he throws a very good deep ball, it looks like he tries to go through his progressions before he takes off scrambling, and it's obvious he's pretty athletic. The only thing that is a question mark imo is of course the level of competition he is playing against. He has all the tools to be a good dual threat qb at the next level.

Also, I know a lot of people like JG as do I, but he is going to redshirt this year and I highly doubt he will bypass QD for the starting job as a freshman in '17.

This guy, CJ, will sit 3/4th on the depth chart his whole career. If he is fortunate or there is injury, he may be a backup one day.

Pretty much where I'm at with it as well. QD will be way ahead. Who knows how it plays out. Its fun to try and come up with scenarios though.

Good player for depth and with potential to develop. He has skills. Shouldn't have any effect on Jones. Jones on another level good. We will be lucky to survive the Ohio st full court press from this wknd thiugh

Good player for depth and with potential to develop. He has skills. Shouldn't have any effect on Jones. Jones on another level good. We will be lucky to survive the Ohio st full court press from this wknd thiugh

I believe he pulls the trigger there this weekend. Hope not, but I get the feeling it's been in the works for a little bit. Hopefully his getting a UT trip in puts it on hold.

VN Store

Back