'17 CA QB Jack Sears (Duke commit)

Any Coach that can win at Ole Miss before cash payouts and at Duke is a friggin ball coach!

Gotta have a defense to win the ones that count. All the greatest offensive coaches that have won NCs have understood that. Cut is a great offensive coach and QB guru for sure, but he's never going to win big time.

Gotta have a defense to win the ones that count. All the greatest offensive coaches that have won NCs have understood that. Cut is a great offensive coach and QB guru for sure, but he's never going to win big time.

He's coaching a Ford Taurus beating Chevy Duramax 4x4s. Lost to TAMU 52-48 with Manziel and Von Miller. It's Duke.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
So we lose Hunter Johnson and can't get jack Sears to commit. Trevor Lawrence and Emory Jones aren't interested and moved on. They are all Top 5 QB's in their class. 2018 is top heavy for QB's. Strong 1-7, not so deep after top 7. Concerned.

Reactions: 3 people
So we lose Hunter Johnson and can't get jack Sears to commit. Trevor Lawrence and Emory Jones aren't interested and moved on. They are all Top 5 QB's in their class. 2018 is top heavy for QB's. Strong 1-7, not so deep after top 7. Concerned.

Any weather updates from Cartersville? :)

I really think UT and UCLA both passed on this guy. Coaches were telling CJ Lewis he was number 1 on the board long before Sears eliminated us.

I really think UT and UCLA both passed on this guy. Coaches were telling CJ Lewis he was number 1 on the board long before Sears eliminated us.

we were trending down before he eliminated us so they probably assumed it was West Coast or Cut and moved on. Heck of a win for cut

No way. We would have definitely taken Sears IMO. We targeted him long before CJ Lewis was even a thing.

That said, I thought distance is what kept us from being a realistic option to the end, but it is interesting that he chose Duke from that perspective. I think it may be possible that UCLA passed on him, Tennessee already had Lewis, and Duke was his next best option. But if he had chosen Tennessee 2 months ago, we'd have taken him IMO.

No way. We would have definitely taken Sears IMO. We targeted him long before CJ Lewis was even a thing.

That said, I thought distance is what kept us from being a realistic option to the end, but it is interesting that he chose Duke from that perspective. I think it may be possible that UCLA passed on him, Tennessee already had Lewis, and Duke was his next best option. But if he had chosen Tennessee 2 months ago, we'd have taken him IMO.

I think CJ Lewis showing out in June changed things. He had a poor showing earlier in the year and wasn't a viable option. I do agree that if Sears wanted in before that camp that he'd have been taken. Just my personal opinion.

Bruce Feldman ‏@BruceFeldmanCFB 13h13 hours ago
#Duke has dropped blue-chip QB commit Jack Sears, who had started to look around, per source. Wouldn't be surprised if he ends up at #USC.

VN Store

Back