'17 CA OL Kanan Ray

A 98 team legacy saying he's the biggest UT fan in California is a VOL lock all day/everyday.

Forget the pencils boys his pending commitment can be reserved in ink !

Reactions: 1 person
Is it bad I have more confidence in kids that are Vol fans from ANYWHERE other than East Tennessee except for a few.

Huge VN e-cred points to the mod who goes ahead and puts "future UT commit" by his name.

Still no takers?

giphy.gif

:)

Reactions: 7 people
Early CB to Tennessee.... From me..

Yea I know, going out on a limb here..

“My dad’s whole family is from Tennessee,” Ray told Volquest. “My mom moved to Tennessee and they had my sister out there and lived out there for a while. Her brother, Judd Granzow, played on the 1998 National Championship team.”

And because of those many connections to Tennessee, Granzow grew up a fan of the Vols and the four-star offensive lineman called the Vols his dream school.

“I think my first outfit was a Tennessee onesie,” Ray said. “I was always a Vol fan and there is Tennessee stuff all over my room. I definitely grew up a Tennessee fan. I just never thought I would have the chance to play there.”

“My uncle has a training facility in Franklin and he still has a lot of connections and he called Condredge Holloway and showed him my film,” Ray explained. “I talked to coach (graduate assistant Derek) Day and then I talked to coach Bob Welton and he told me that I have a scholarship.

“I couldn’t believe it at first. It was a childhood dream come true.”

“Most people think I am going to commit now that I have that offer, but I don’t know the coaches and am going to have to see if that’s the right place for me,” Ray said. “I’m definitely looking for place where I’m comfortable with the coaches. I want to get a great education and a place that’s a great home. Where ever I can find a good fit and find a home is where I will go. Even if it’s close to home and I can see family, but if my place is on the other side of the country and best fits me, I will go there.”

Ray will give Tennessee a legitimate look, he said. He just booked a trip to Knoxville for the weekend of the Orange & White Game and taking away the fact that he has close ties to Tennessee, he likes what Butch Jones is doing with the program.

“I just scheduled a trip for the spring game and it’s at the top of my list among other schools,” Ray said. “I’m going to look at them seriously. I have a legacy there. They are a huge contender. I’m just not sure if they are the right fit for me. Could be right fit or could not be right fit.

“It’s on the rise again and it’s about to be the team Tennessee once was and the kind of team my uncle played for. I really like coach Jones, I love the tradition and how crazy the fans are. Look at the stadium there, over 100,000 people at your games and it’s a great atmosphere. Everything stands out about them.”
-VQ.

Reactions: 15 people
Good grief no kidding. All these guys glowing about our program and nobody wants to take the first step.

Relax, he said it himself he's never met the coaching staff. Let him visit get comfortable with the coaches, let them show he's a good fit for our offense and he'll be a Vol. Nothing to worry about.

Relax, he said it himself he's never met the coaching staff. Let him visit get comfortable with the coaches, let them show he's a good fit for our offense and he'll be a Vol. Nothing to worry about.

I doubt his offer is even committable at this time. Probably contigent on a visit to see how they mesh.

Good grief no kidding. All these guys glowing about our program and nobody wants to take the first step.

I do understand the slight frustration when you look at the early '17 classes of Clemson and Georgia. It only really matters who we have on board come Feb 2017.

Not overly worried tho. With this staff recruiting has never been a question and will continue to be that way.

If TN can win big games and make it to ATL then that will be a big deal with alot of these studs.

These teams have proved championship caliber in these kids lifetime so they will land the 4*- 5*

Bammers
OSU
Clemson
FSU

Sounds like he is just coming to make sure he doesn't hate the coaches. I'd say this one is fairly locked up ATP.

Vols, B****.
At some point, Ray is going to visit Knoxville and if he loves it there then that could be where he ends up. The family connections to the program, plus the fact that he has family from that area will play big roles in his decision-making process.

Until the Chatsworth Sierra Canyon prospect starts taking visits it will be impossible to know where he ends up. But Tennessee definitely has some built-in advantages heading into the spring and summer.
-Adam Gorney.

Reactions: 8 people

VN Store

Back