'16 TX QB Nick Starkel

We already had the Chryst scholarship accounted for. Not seeing the upside of using up a season of Shrout’s eligibility in the first year of a rebuild. No one hates the blueshirting thing more than me, but it was a necessary evil in Pruitt’s first season. Just hoping to wean ourselves off of credit card recruiting as each season passes.
I’m taking about this kid and this year.

With you there. Obvious Pruitt thinks JG is fixable. It seems he prevented Helton from playing KC more.
I think Pruitt just saw big picture and knew KC was never gonna help the team long-term while JG was likely his QB for 2 seasons. JG had to be the guy. Like it or not, 2018 was always a throw away season for Pruitt. KC did was he was brought in to do. Play when needed and teach the youngster a few things. Had JG sat last year, 2019 would have been that much more difficult.

Yeah we could’ve played Shrout in 4 games and still redshirted him. Chryst wasn’t worth it. And a grad transfer QB this year would be the same mistake.
I think he was an emergency factor just in case JG and/or Chryst got hurt. So they didn’t want to waste that in the cupcake games. I don’t disagree with you on the grad transfer thing.

Not saying I want this kid to transfer to UT, don't know anything about him. But I always find comments on QB transfers funny, people are so emotional about QB's. Don't think I've ever seen someone post "we don't need anymore DL" or "We're all set with LB's and WR's, don't need anymore!". But with QB's people get emotional and for some reason don't want competition for their favorite.

Probably because one QB plays and 6-8 DL/4-6 LB play. LBs also contribute on special teams. People actually did complain about how many WRs we had under butch.

Starkel transferring to Arkansas. Basically swapping Ty Storey/Cole Kelley for Ben Hicks/Nick Starkel.

Cant blame a transfer wanting to come here for a year at QB behind our joke of a position we call OL.

Cant blame a transfer wanting to come here for a year at QB behind our joke of a position we call OL.
Oline should be much improved when Bailey arrives here. Why blow spots on players that aren't absolutely exceptional? Fields is the only one I would have went all out for.

Reactions: k-town_king

VN Store

Back