'16 TN ATH Darel Middleton (Tennessee signee)

Middleton is such a good kid. I’m pulling for him to succeed. He is trying really hard. He really wants to play for UT. He rode the greyhound bus up to knoxville for the bbq because he wanted to be here that bad. I just hope he can continue to crush it in the classroom as well.

Uhh, wow. Wish more kids had this drive ... Good luck to this kid, hope he can wear Orange soon. Those questioning his ability off tape at a JUCO-- he may be like Gooden, where he is miserable in the current situation he is in (not making excuses, it is just what it is, I would think JUCO could seem like a black hole) and once he is able to get to a D-1 power 5 school with coaching, facilities, tutors, meals, and S&C, he will probably rise to the occasion and grow/develop like he was meant to.

Uhh, wow. Wish more kids had this drive ... Good luck to this kid, hope he can wear Orange soon. Those questioning his ability off tape at a JUCO-- he may be like Gooden, where he is miserable in the current situation he is in (not making excuses, it is just what it is, I would think JUCO could seem like a black hole) and once he is able to get to a D-1 power 5 school with coaching, facilities, tutors, meals, and S&C, he will probably rise to the occasion and grow/develop like he was meant to.
I don't think there's tape of him at juco yet. I don't think he's played football in a couple years and that's where the questions come from.

I don't think there's tape of him at juco yet. I don't think he's played football in a couple years and that's where the questions come from.
thanks, I thought when folks were mentioning seeing him play, they were looking at JUCO tape... I went back and it seems it's one game... He still has the measurables and athletic ability in my eyes to be coached up and become very productive...

Reactions: Sleegro
Man he really needed to play all year to get experience. Think he has not played many years. Was really wanting a 6'7" guy on DL so he could raise arms up when QB is passing or to reach around the OL and snatch the QB down. Maybe it's nothing but a virus. Anyways hope he does get well soon.

Reactions: BucksnortVol
“I talk to the coaches all the time. They make me feel like family, Coach Rocker and Coach Pruitt are the two that I speak to the most. I still hear from other schools but my mind is set on Tennessee.

“They recruited me as a defensive end but they kind of like me some at D-tackle too, I’ve been playing there some this year.”

Tennessee’s early season struggles should be a sing to recruits that there’s some opportunity available for early playing time. Middleton is certainly looking to get on the field early, that’s not the main draw pulling him to Knoxville and nothing he’s seen on the field this fall has led him to second guess his decision.

“I’ve been committed for six months now and that commitment is really strong. They’ve got a great fan base there and it’s home,” Middleton said.I believe in the coaches there now and I know they believe in me. Like I said it feels like home to me.

“This season hasn’t swayed my decision at all. Everybody has to go through hard times to get to the good times and I think that’s what we’re going to do in Knoxville.”

Middleton syas that he’ll be a December signee and will be on campus for the spring semester.

He’s taken a circuitous route to end up back with the program he originally committed to all the back when he was a sophomore in high school.

That journey isn’t one Middleton intended to take, it sounds like it’s one that has led him to grow and mature.

“It’s been my lifelong dream to be a Tennessee Vol. I didn’t take care of my grades coming out of high school, didn’t have my head on straight. But I’ve got my head on straight now and I’m ready to get up there, ready to get home,” Middleton said.
VQ

VN Store

Back