16 team playoff

There never needed to be a BCS. The only issue with the bowl system pre-BCS was that the B10 and P10 champ had to go to the Rose Bowl. So you had years like 91, 94, and 97 where you had split champions or a team, like 94 Penn state, that got shut out completely. All that was needed was a plus one game.
I like that idea, plus one game only if necessary

Today shows, yet again, that CFP expansion is not needed. We would still have 2 elite teams, maybe 3 in a good year, curb stomping everybody else.

Bring back the BCS.
Honestly, for as much as everyone hated on the BCS, it usually got the top two teams right. Everyone wanted the CFP because the SEC was taking over and people outside of the South didn’t like seeing the Alabama vs LSU rematch but we’ve already had two CFP rematches with Alabama vs Georgia now. The common denominator is that the SEC will rule over the rest of the conferences, regardless of postseason format.

Honestly, for as much as everyone hated on the BCS, it usually got the top two teams right. Everyone wanted the CFP because the SEC was taking over and people outside of the South didn’t like seeing the Alabama vs LSU rematch but we’ve already had two CFP rematches with Alabama vs Georgia now. The common denominator is that the SEC will rule over the rest of the conferences, regardless of postseason format.
This.

Now you're just being ridiculous.

Bama's never going 9-3.
11-1 is a down year. I want to know what kind of sacrificial ritual Saban or the Alabama AD performed upon him coming there because he was not this great before coming there. I know he won that NC at LSU in 2003 before leaving to become the Dolphins coach a couple years later, but man if you would have told me he would have won (possibly) 7 NCs after that first one at LSU I would’ve thought you were high on something. He had like a 68% winning percentage between Toledo, Michigan St, and LSU. But he has an 88% winning percentage at Alabama. Tell me how that makes any sense to increase your winning percentage by 20 points just by simply leaving college to become a mediocre to bad NFL coach, only to come back to college and become the greatest to ever do it. None of it makes any sense.

I don’t want a weird number like 6 (or 12) in in the playoff or playing the game at the higher seed. With 6 teams Georgia would of had to play in a play in game while Michigan rested and then play Michigan at Michigan.
I don’t like the blowout games but I guess 4 is the best format. I am sure they will be increasing the number to probably 12 though because of the money and to give more teams higher exposure. If they do increase the number I prefer 8 or 16 but that makes to much sense to me.

Yes, with 16 team playoffs, teams like Alabama and maybe Georgia will blowout their opponents but games like Michigan vs Oklahoma might be very good.

Last edited:
It's preferable to the BCS allowing for extra undefeated teams to have a chance. Expansion would be pointless outside of further lining the pockets of Disney shareholders. Cincinnati got their chance, Michigan on the other hand had zero business being there but it's preferable to ND, OSU, or OU getting run off the field again.

You aren't going to will parity in to existence by adding more teams to the Playoffs.

Something’s gotta give, go back to the old bowl system before BCS existed or go to some kind of tournament, but the current system isn’t working.
I would say, objectively, BCS was actually really good. 1 vs 2, 3 vs 4, 5 vs 6, Rose Bowl preserved only if possible without breaking up 1 and 2. More fun. Not that it matters

Last edited:
So instead of bama let’s contemplate that with a 12 team playoff ND gets in every year for the rest of your life if they have 3 losses or less. That’ll be awesome.

So looking at the results of bowl games and how that would turn into a 16 game playoffs. Just looking at what the top 16 teams did.

Out of 9 total games:
-We had 3 20 point blow outs
-We had 4 upsets. Two of those upsets came from teams outside the top 16, and one was Georgia, and that was one of the blowouts. So one real upset with OkSt barely beating Notre Dame.
-we had 4 games closer than a TD, which includes 2 of the upsets.

What about more of those games would have been better. 8 games, 3 blowouts, 1 upset. Next round of 4 would have had two more blowouts with UGA and Bama head hunting. Semifinals would have been blowouts like we saw. Then maybe a good game in the finals. Assuming Bama doesnt shellack UGA again this year.

So in 15 total games we probably would have had at least 7 blowouts. Maybe 1 or 2 upsets. You would get some, approx 4, Utah Ohio State games that would be great, but for the most part we are snoozing these games.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
3 out of 4 games are blowouts in the NFL Playoffs. Could be a 4th tonight . Might as well just have a Super Bowl with the Titans and Packers.

Doubt it. Expect Tampa Bays defense to do like it did last year. Play historically great and give Brady another cake walk SB win.

Doubt it. Expect Tampa Bays defense to do like it did last year. Play historically great and give Brady another cake walk SB win.
I’m what world did the Bucs play “historically great” on defense during the playoffs last season? Giving up more than 300 yards passing to future hall of famer Taylor Heinicke? Does that qualify as historically great?

I’m what world did the Bucs play “historically great” on defense during the playoffs last season? Giving up more than 300 yards passing to future hall of famer Taylor Heinicke? Does that qualify as historically great?

Yeah they didn’t play historically great in the SB right? Holding the Chiefs to zero TDs. Brady’s defense didn’t play historically great in the SB vs the Rams right? Holding the second highest scoring offense in the NFL (33 pts per game) to just 3. Brady has had some legendary performances from his defenses throughout his career. I mean every the first SB vs the Rams. The greatest show on turf, held to 2 offensive TDs.

Yeah it’s all Brady right? Lol. If he has had even just average defenses in his career, he likely only has a couple of SB wins.

Yeah they didn’t play historically great in the SB right? Holding the Chiefs to zero TDs. Brady’s defense didn’t play historically great in the SB vs the Rams right? Holding the second highest scoring offense in the NFL (33 pts per game) to just 3. Brady has had some legendary performances from his defenses throughout his career. I mean every the first SB vs the Rams. The greatest show on turf, held to 2 offensive TDs.

Yeah it’s all Brady right? Lol. If he has had even just average defenses in his career, he likely only has a couple of SB wins.
This isn’t about Brady. I was simply responding to your nonsense. And btw, you said playoffs, not just the Super Bowl. The Bucs weren’t historically great in the playoffs. They wouldn’t even rank in the top ten defenses of this century as far as playoff performance goes. And do you think that maybe, just maybe, the Chiefs playing without both staring offensive tackles had something to do with their lackluster performance in the Super Bowl?

This isn’t about Brady. I was simply responding to your nonsense. And btw, you said playoffs, not just the Super Bowl. The Bucs weren’t historically great in the playoffs. They wouldn’t even rank in the top ten defenses of this century as far as playoff performance goes. And do you think that maybe, just maybe, the Chiefs playing without both staring offensive tackles had something to do with their lackluster performance in the Super Bowl?

Missing both offensive tackles led to ZERO TDs? Sorry. Don’t buy that. Tampas D absolutely schooled Mahomes. Made him look like a rookie QB who didn’t belong in the league.

VN Store

Back