'16 NC QB Austin Kendall (former UT commit)

RCS CHARLOTTE: Top Performers - Offense

5. QB AUSTIN KENDALL, WAXHAW (N.C.) CHARLOTTE CHRISTIAN (2016)
On a very windy day, Kendall's passes were still on target for the most part and his arm strength showed as the ball cut threw the wind at times. He gets enough velocity on his intermediate passes so that the wind won't affect them and he showed good touch on long passes even though some of them carried too far because of the strong wind at his back during one-on-ones. He also carries himself with a great deal of confidence and you sense he's a future leader.

-Mike Farrell

This kid goes to the same physical therapist that I do. I saw him in there the other day. If I see him again I will strike up a conversation and see what I can get from him.

This kid goes to the same physical therapist that I do. I saw him in there the other day. If I see him again I will strike up a conversation and see what I can get from him.

You need to start carrying a brick with you to your PT.

Attachments

• 1010879.jpg
    1010879.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 13
Reactions: 3 people
"Tennessee, NC State and Wake Forest are recruiting big time 2016 QB Austin Kendall the hardest. He says his offers from Tennessee, NC State and Miami really caught his eye. Kendall also talks about his relationships with Georgia and Kentucky. His dad was a walk-on at Georgia and his brother is walking-on at Kentucky."

"Kendall is slated to compete at the Rivals100 Five-Star Challenge presented by Under Armour at M&T Bank Stadium in Baltimore on June 6-8."

-Adam Friedman

Tennessee is recruiting Kendall the hardest.

“We stay in contact every week,” he said. “I have a real good relationship with (quarterbacks) coach (Mike) Bajakian. I also have a really good relationship with coach (Butch) Jones and I call him a lot.”

“I’m keeping my options open, but I definitely really like Tennessee, Georgia, South Carolina and Penn State a lot right now,” Kendall said. “All four are big schools and have impressed me with what they have to offer.”

“By the end of the summer, I’m going to try to narrow my list down,” he said. “I’m going to try and commit after my junior season.”

-scout

Reactions: 2 people
Hope we can get him.

I'll admit I was a little curious where UK would be on his early list after realizing his brother walk-on there this last class. Sounds like lil bro may not affect where Austin decides to play.

I really wish we would have offered his brother a preferred walk-on position. You would think it could have done nothing but help us with Austin.

dad and mom. it will be Vols or UGA. I think he was a lock for the Dogs but Vols have changed that. could go either way. Hes perfect for us. our aaron murray lol.

Georgia wants to push hard for Eason, so if they slow play Kendall some, we could scoop him up.

The 6-foot-2, 205-pound Kendall is sure that he’s a priority for the Wildcats, Wolfpack and Volunteers.

On top of the other visits listed, Kendall will also visit Kentucky next Wednesday. The Wildcats offered during a visit back in March, and they’re currently the 247Sports Crystal Ball leader.

“My brother is going there as a walk-on receiver,” Kendall said. “I went up there and got an offer and that’s when they really noticed my older brother. After we left we got back in touch and they said I didn’t know we had two athletes in the room and we’d like to have him walk-on. He’s a possession receiver and he can catch the ball. They think he can earn a scholarship. When I went on my visit there, the whole staff wasn’t there so when I get up there next week I’ll finally be able to meet them and establish a relationship with the whole staff instead of just Coach (Neal) Brown.”

N.C. State and Tennessee have been recruiting Kendall since his freshman year. A couple of his teammates will be freshmen for the Wolfpack this fall.

“I’ve always had a good connection with them,” Kendall said. “Coach (Matt) Canada and Coach (Eddie) Faulkner, they came and watched me throw my freshman year of spring ball, and I went to a camp and in the middle of my season they made the offer. Their staff comes in a whole lot and I’m comfortable with them.”

Kendall is also comfortable in Knoxville.

“They were one of the first few schools to get in contact with me,” Kendall said. “I’ve always had a good connection Coach (Mike) Bajakian and Coach (Butch) Jones. I have a real good relationship with both of them. They call my coach every week and they always want to stay in touch. I went to two games last year. I went to the Georgia game and the Auburn game. I went to one of their spring practices I went to their junior day and they brought me up to Coach Jones’s office and made me feel like I was a top priority and recruit they were looking at.”

As a sophomore in a run to a state championship, Kendall threw for 1,668 yards and 20 touchdowns.

@rivalsmike: QB Austin Kendall 2016 has #vols and #kentucky in front but #uga is looming? #rivalschallenge

"Just visited with 2016 QB Austin Kendall here in Baltimore. He had a LOT of positives to say about the Vols as well as Jones and Bajakian. He's not ready to name any leaders but seems like it's safe to say that the Vols are going to be deeply involved there to say the least. He added that he'll be back on campus in a couple of weeks for another visit."

-Rob Lewis

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back