'16 MI WR Donnie Corley

Not an insider but I spoke with a member of Corley's family today. They said it was a 3 team race. OSU, Michigan, and Tennessee. They mentioned that Harbaugh messed up recently saying that the kid had 24 hours to make his decision or Michigan was moving on. Apparently that did not go over well.

It was also mentioned that Corley and the family really like Butch. I came away thinking it was an OSU Tennessee race.

Interesting by this and what VQ has been saying TN may actually have the momentum at least before that Ohio ST visit we did. It makes sense after Lavert Hill said Corley is the reason he visited TN because Corley told him he has to see it.

Reactions: 1 person
I'll gladly accept Temporary Insider status.

I'll allow it. Your term is set expire at midnight on Tuesday, February 9, at which point we will re-evaluate should Mr. Corley formally commit to Tennessee. Congratulations. 😁

Last edited:
On offense this fall, Corley had 59 receptions for 1,403 yards and 16 touchdowns. On defense, he had 90 tackles and 10 interceptions, including one returned for a score. He was the leading receiver on a King team that went 14-0 and has over a dozen players going on to play at the next level.

...His biggest play of the season came on his final play of his high school career, catching a 40-yard pass in the end zone as time expired to beat Lowell, 40-38, in the Division 2 state championship. The play caught fire on social media and gained national attention, even earning the No. 1 spot on SportsCenter's Top 10 plays.

Detroit King wide receiver Donnie Corley is 2015 Michigan High School Football Player of the Year - MLive.com

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uujrBuoK93k[/youtube]

Definitely a beast. Sounds like we may lead which is awesome! I can't believe Harbaugh actually told him that, sounds like a overly aggressive recruiter, who intimidates kids into committing when they're not ready.

Definitely a beast. Sounds like we may lead which is awesome! I can't believe Harbaugh actually told him that, sounds like a overly aggressive recruiter, who intimidates kids into committing when they're not ready.

Well, Harbaugh isn't exactly known as an affable man

Harbaugh knows he can get away with that more times than not. Some coaches can do that and some can't. He can. He has the resume to back a demand like that.

1500 yards receiving, 90 tackles and 10 INTs. AND the game winning TD catch in the State Championship game as time expired. What a beast.

Someone asked our chances if he enrolls early.

Chances are highest if he EEs IMO. The OSU best visit comment was interesting because I know he loved his visit to Tennessee. I know he has strong feelings for Tennessee and has for a long time. The question is, are they the strongest of any team in his recruitment? My gut feel is that Tennessee is close, but probably not the top team right now so I don't think they would be the pick. That's just my feel, though, not based on anything specific I have been told. If he does pick Tennessee I would not be shocked because they are definitely in that top three right now and have been a favorite for a long time.

Josh Helmholdt-Rivals

Reactions: 6 people
On offense this fall, Corley had 59 receptions for 1,403 yards and 16 touchdowns. On defense, he had 90 tackles and 10 interceptions, including one returned for a score. He was the leading receiver on a King team that went 14-0 and has over a dozen players going on to play at the next level.

...His biggest play of the season came on his final play of his high school career, catching a 40-yard pass in the end zone as time expired to beat Lowell, 40-38, in the Division 2 state championship. The play caught fire on social media and gained national attention, even earning the No. 1 spot on SportsCenter's Top 10 plays.

Detroit King wide receiver Donnie Corley is 2015 Michigan High School Football Player of the Year - MLive.com

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uujrBuoK93k[/youtube]

I'm not hating but that had to be the dumbest end of the game coverage I've seen. Why leave the best WR on the team( probably best WR in the state of Michigan) one on one with no time left? Who is that stupid? They deserved to get beat at the end of the game. Smh

VN Store

Back