'16 LA DT D'Andre Christmas-Giles - (Former UT Commit 8/29/15)

hv2KXqY.jpg

From UT, to LSU, to UTjr. What happened? lol

On a technical front, he never committed to LSU, although he de-commited when LSU offered.

What happened in that time period was a commitment by Lawrence (DT) and a real possibility of a flip of Sci Martin (DE/LB). Martin could possible play a hybrid-LB position, LSU is basically desperation mode for LBs. LSU has definitely cooled, which is why I said recently I didn't think he ends up there.

Martin is just a bigger priority, if LSU wants to make a run this year. The desperation at LB at LSU is real, if Beckwith gets hurt there really is nobody to replace him, pretty much like that at the other LB positions. I would not be surprised if Beckwith gets hurt that a true freshman walk-on isn't second team.

This could end up not working out for LSU but I can understand the logic. LB>DT, Martin>Christmas

I thought the Vols would have been a better fit for Christmas over Texas, I hope Christmas likes Herman.

His dad is wearing one ugly a$$ hat.

lol

Might have already not worked out for LSU Mullen might not sign with LSU and Martin appears to be waiting after today.

Yeah, kind of doesn't make sense to me either but ole well.

He thought he was LSU bound when he decommitted. Didn't work out so he took the next best offer...little t.

On a technical front, he never committed to LSU, although he de-commited when LSU offered.

What happened in that time period was a commitment by Lawrence (DT) and a real possibility of a flip of Sci Martin (DE/LB). Martin could possible play a hybrid-LB position, LSU is basically desperation mode for LBs. LSU has definitely cooled, which is why I said recently I didn't think he ends up there.

Martin is just a bigger priority, if LSU wants to make a run this year. The desperation at LB at LSU is real, if Beckwith gets hurt there really is nobody to replace him, pretty much like that at the other LB positions. I would not be surprised if Beckwith gets hurt that a true freshman walk-on isn't second team.

This could end up not working out for LSU but I can understand the logic. LB>DT, Martin>Christmas

I thought the Vols would have been a better fit for Christmas over Texas, I hope Christmas likes Herman.

Not to bash Les Miles, but personally I think LSU would have been much better moving forward with Tom Herman as their HC. The guy is good. Real good. And ironically, he beat Jimbo Fisher with an inferior Houston team, and it was a convincing win. For the long haul, Tom Herman would have been a much better offer than Jimbo Fisher.

Losing this guy really hurt our class, since we ended up without a high school DT

We might have one. I believe Stewart was 6'4 and right around 300 as a SR in HS. Very strong kid. DT would not be a reach if he makes it on campus.

Not to bash Les Miles, but personally I think LSU would have been much better moving forward with Tom Herman as their HC. The guy is good. Real good. And ironically, he beat Jimbo Fisher with an inferior Houston team, and it was a convincing win. For the long haul, Tom Herman would have been a much better offer than Jimbo Fisher.

Chances are Herman ends up at Texas, which is why he was never a target, boosters were not going to come up with money for a coach that was probably going to hit the road in 1 to 2 years. Jimbo made sense for both parties but Jimbo was asking for way too much.

Unless there is a huge collapse, Les will probably finish out this contract. The window is now open for LSU to make a run this year, we'll see how it works out.

These coaches want too much money, the ability to fire coaches mid-contract are getting very hard.

VN Store

Back