'16 GA LB Ja'Quain Blakely (UT commit 8/1/15)

Guys like this fill out in the S&C and become monsters on the field with all that speed and quickness. Well done Butch & staff!

Reactions: 1 person
Butch and the guys found another one.

He runs like a fast safety.
His hands are great for his age. very active.
Hard to block combined with his speed.

I don't expect him to put on more than 20 lbs at UT
IF he signs with us.
As much as I like this commitment, i'm wondering if the play of some of our young LB's and the fact that he will blow up over the coming months if it will dissuade him from coming on board.

If he signs with us, he'll be a good one in time. Perfect for our scheme. Could play MLB or OLB

He will not be one where Butch helps go elsewhere near the end of the cycle.
His speed and instincts are high-end for the position.

Great find! Again...

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 people
Butch and the guys found another one.

He runs like a fast safety.
His hands are great for his age. very active.
Hard to block combined with his speed.

I don't expect him to put on more than 20 lbs at UT
IF he signs with us.
As much as I like this commitment, i'm wondering if the play of some of our young LB's and the fact that he will blow up over the coming months if it will dissuade him from coming on board.

If he signs with us, he'll be a good one in time. Perfect for our scheme. Could play MLB or OLB

He will not be one where Butch helps go elsewhere near the end of the cycle.
His speed and instincts are high-end for the position.

Great find! Again...

So... you're saying Butch gets it!

BOOM! :)

Seriously can one of our Georgia natives give some info on this kid ?

Zerothirtyanditsdark: We are too busy bringing in 47 5 * blue chippers to our 22 Dawg Night of the summer. This week Coach Richt will be auctioning of his infamous mini fridge. Wait, what did you ask me again? I was busy reading a tweet from another delusional fan about 2 guys in Athens who were actually at home yesterday.

Reactions: 2 people

I don't know much about JaQ, but Colquitt Co seems to always be competing for a state title... The star running back was recently arrested for murder; so, they have some obstacles as a team. Just guessing here, but I imagine they have a handful of players each year that get D1 scholarships. They play against good competition.

It's crazy that after two years of Butch and staff evaluating talent that people complain with commitments. Austin smith was a three star also and he is mentioned in almost every war room about how well he is progressing. Trust Thig and his evaluations. If he likes him then the kid can play at this level.

Reactions: 6 people
It's crazy that after two years of Butch and staff evaluating talent that people complain with commitments. Austin smith was a three star also and he is mentioned in almost every war room about how well he is progressing. Trust Thig and his evaluations. If he likes him then the kid can play at this level.

It's not Thig, or the other coaches either, for the most part.

It's Bob Welton and his department of Player Personnel & Recruiting. We have former NFL scouts performing player evals for the staff.

And yes, I trust them completely at this point.

Reactions: 18 people
As a GA native, I can tell you Colquitt County is one of the best teams in the state. They play against very good competition too.

In playing the devil's advocate, we don't really know how well Butch does as a coach. The 3 stars recruited have not yet shown anything on the field, have they? We should wait until this year is halfway thru before we pronounce Butch as the coaching messiah or Thig as anything yet. Progressing is nothing until it shows up on the field. JMO

In playing the devil's advocate, we don't really know how well Butch does as a coach. The 3 stars recruited have not yet shown anything on the field, have they? We should wait until this year is halfway thru before we pronounce Butch as the coaching messiah or Thig as anything yet. Progressing is nothing until it shows up on the field. JMO

Nah, Sutton sucks.

Reactions: 11 people

Agree on Butch's game day coaching. Disagree about his recruiting.

He hasn't posted anything since Blakely committed.

Should touch on it Monday when he does weekly write up.

He didn't hit camp circus until this off season.

For some reason CCHS is late releasing film.

I think this young man's stock will rise once coaches and recruiting analysts get to see his game film. Kid has some speed and nose for the ball. We need all the speed we can get on defense.

"sigh" We have the best corner in the SEC his name is Sutton and he was a 3 star. WR's shutter and the women swoon at the mention of his name. :thud:

I think this young man's stock will rise once coaches and recruiting analysts get to see his game film. Kid has some speed and nose for the ball. We need all the speed we can get on defense.

It should speak volumes if we're taking this guy with the small class this year appears to be and the caliber of the athletes that have us as one of their leaders.

Get ready for the thread to disintegrate into "...you can't count Sutton or Robertson, etc. because they fell into Butch's lap...". Wasn't Reeves-Maybin a 3 in some services, or do they have to be consensus 3*? Weisman was all 3* I think.

Does the poster that said the class was Dooleyesque want to take a Bray over Guarantano? Wait he was a Kiffin recruit...

Eric Fisher, JJ Watt, and Antonio Brown say what's up?

Reactions: 4 people
Reminds me of Weatherd. Was Weatherd even ranked coming of HS? I had never heard of him until he randomly came out of nowhere in Juco.

"sigh" We have the best corner in the SEC his name is Sutton and he was a 3 star. WR's shutter and the women swoon at the mention of his name. :thud:

Cam commited to Tennessee 4 months before Butch was hired. That doesnt change the fact that he was a 3* but he cant be Butch's go to 3* example. Ethan Wolf, Jashon Robertson would work but truth is in the very short time Butch has been here there have been more 3* failures then successes. That said Blakely will most likely get a bump after having a big senior year or Butch will find a better option before signing day. Butch has no problem cutting ties if a player fails to perform up to expectations.

Last edited:
Cam commited to Tennessee 4 months before Butch was hired. That doesnt change the fact that he was a 3* but he cant be Butch's go to 3* example. Ethan Wolf, Jashon Robertson would work but truth is in the very short time Butch has been here there have been more 3* failures then successess. That said Blakely will most likely get a bump after having a big senior year or Butch will find a better option before signing day. Butch has no problem cutting ties if a player fails to perform up to expectations.

I would imagine that's the case with most programs.

VN Store

Back