15 years ago yesterday Pat Summitt...

Good memories.

Thanks! I remember watching that on the tee-vee. It's fun to see the familiar faces on the team & staff. The sidelined talent in that pic would make a great team - Candace, Sade, Sid, looks like Alex is in street clothes. And Shanna is wearing Sid's jersey. Great players, great staff, great-great coach.

Reactions: Rockytoprowdy
If Pat coached football, she could win 5 National Championships with 3*s across the board. She knew how to coach and inspire greatness!
I don’t know about that. She had the best blue chips playing for her against a field where, at the time, only a handful of teams could even be considered competitive and still only won 8 championships.

Pat was the GoAT of her time. No disrespect intended.
Who was it that put women’s basketball on the map? Who is responsible for creating an environment so that coaches like Geno could take women’s basketball to the next level? Being the GOAT is more than winning championships and enticing great players to your program, Geno is a great coach, however, without Pat he would not have been able to achieve what he has achieved. Pat Summitt is women’s basketball. She will forever be the GOAT of women’s basketball.

Imho, a coach with the drive, ego, and intelligence that Geno has would have succeeded any time. Before or after PS. Did Bob Knight need John Wooden?

Reactions: Dube and PointGuard
Imho, a coach with the drive, ego, and intelligence that Geno has would have succeeded any time. Before or after PS. Did Bob Knight need John Wooden?

careful g....you're talking about someone who has a statue of them in this town

just a thought you might want to consider

Reactions: feathersax
Just being realistic. Pat was great, Geno has done much better. Only caveat is what would she have done without that damn Alshiemers

Reactions: Dube
My spellers busted.

She made women's sport relevant...It took a woman to do that,
otherwise it would have been a man paving the way for women
It took a woman to do this
He could not have worn this crown

He can only wear the crown he has bc of Pat's initial work
Yes, he probably would have been as successful anyway
but until Pat, it would not have been seen as relevant

Was Immaculatta relevant? Cheryl Miller? They didn’t need PS. Nor did La Tech.

Reactions: Dube
Pat was the GoAT of her time. No disrespect intended.
Gule, you know Pat will always be the GOAT. Just because someone might win more championships or games doesn't mean they are the GOAT; it just means they won more hardware. Pat won so many things where there was no trophy. She won the hearts of any one ever coming in contact with her or anyone who had ever played for her. She changed so many things regarding women's sports and women's accomplishments in this world that will always be on record. She afforded chances for anyone wanting to play for her or anyone want to play the Lady Vols. She opened up avenues that would to this date still be closed for young women. She is and will always be not only a Lady Vol but the summit of women's basketball and women's achievements everywhere. Pat is the GOAT!

It really doesn't seem possible that it has been 15 years. Crazy.

Gawd, I miss that woman.

Well, I say the greatest of all time might need to win a NC or two over Geno or she isn’t the GoAT. I hate that she didn’t and really hate that he owned her in the finals. But I think he deserves respect for that.

Well, I say the greatest of all time might need to win a NC or two over Geno or she isn’t the GoAT. I hate that she didn’t and really hate that he owned her in the finals. But I think he deserves respect for that.

Can't back you here g

VN Store

Back