'15 TN ATH Jocquez Bruce (UT commit 6/17/14)

She's double negatived the **** out of her words of nonsensical wisdom

She smoked two whole marijuanas before that post.

Not really that upset about her comments. It's just a pissed off mom taking up for her kid. The current theme is the play the race card on anything when there isn't any other excuse or reason. That pretty much shows the merits of the family's disagreement with the staff. The staff gave a local kid a shot to play for his dream team and things didn't work out. The more concerning thing was Martin liking that post which is starting to make him look like a cancer like some posters have already alluded to.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Looks like Bruce might have another option besides juco, Memphis recruited him out of high school and are expressing interest in him now

Unfortunately, it looks like a situation where you have a mother that has probably been making excuses for her son for who knows how long. Nothing worse that I can think of that will keep a boy from learning how to be a man.

Reactions: 6 people
Unfortunately, it looks like a situation where you have a mother that has probably been making excuses for her son for who knows how long. Nothing worse that I can think of that will keep a boy from learning how to be a man.

In the words of the great Major Payne:

"Pop yo tittie out his mouth and quit babying him!"

Reactions: 6 people

Agreed. This is a prime opportunity for someone to learn a key lesson and grow but instead we see where this is going. We all screw up at some point but you have to learn from it and get better.

Butch isn't going to let someone tear up the locker room. He trust his leadership council and older players and listens to them. If they say someone is bad news then it's likely right.

I def didn't expect it. I thought he would be a sleeper type guy that would come in and work his butt off and contribute on special teams and as a role player at his position. Sort of like Johnson kid

Is Rod Wilks bludgeoning people on our football team still?

Rod Wilks was such a boss that when he came to campus to take his senior football picture they used the hubble telescope to take it:

3880779318_2cf36c1c6f_b.jpg

Fast forward to about the 16 minute mark to get a clearer picture of what happened with Joc.

http://www.swainevent.com/media/com_podcastmanager/SE1_7-27-15.mp3

To summarize:

Joc didn't feel like he fit in. He anticipated more acceptance from the team but always felt like a lifelong walk-on. There was no on-the-field issues it was all off the field. He has some growing up to do and unfortunately his immaturity reared its ugly head. Jabari Davis refuted some drug selling rumor that I hadn't heard. Jabari said Joc had a late offer from Oregon and another school. It's up to him to make contact. His mother had a bad moment, Jabari calmed her down. We should stay off his back, he's an 18 year old kid trying to find his way. He was sad that his dream to play for the Vols didn't work out, there was an incident in the locker room but it was more than that.

Reactions: 3 people
To summarize:

Joc didn't feel like he fit in. He anticipated more acceptance from the team but always felt like a lifelong walk-on. There was no on-the-field issues it was all off the field. He has some growing up to do and unfortunately his immaturity reared its ugly head. Jabari Davis refuted some drug selling rumor that I hadn't heard. Jabari said Joc had a late offer from Oregon and another school. It's up to him to make contact. His mother had a bad moment, Jabari calmed her down. We should stay off his back, he's an 18 year old kid trying to find his way. He was sad that his dream to play for the Vols didn't work out, there was an incident in the locker room but it was more than that.

I'm interested to follow Vincent Perry's progress since he's a blueshirt as well. I'm skeptical the other players really treat them differently. I just don't see the coaches and team leaders allowing that kind of atmosphere in (or out) of the locker room.

Bruce may have rolled into the situation already feeling like an outsider. Who knows what was going on in the kid's head. He could have carried some bitterness about having to accept a blueshirt to make it in. Couple that with some classroom issues and it just makes for an unhappy ending.

Best of luck to him. That frees up another scholarship for us. Moving forward.....

To summarize:

My son joined the Marine Corps at 18.......will walk with a cane the rest of his life because of it. Says even knowing what he knows now he would do it all over again, because that's where he was supposed to be, with his buddies.

Hope the rest of you excuse me if I don't feel too sorry for this young man. Wish him the best in his future though. :hi:

Reactions: 14 people
I'm interested to follow Vincent Perry's progress since he's a blueshirt as well. I'm skeptical the other players really treat them differently. I just don't see the coaches and team leaders allowing that kind of atmosphere in (or out) of the locker room.

Bruce may have rolled into the situation already feeling like an outsider. Who knows what was going on in the kid's head. He could have carried some bitterness about having to accept a blueshirt to make it in. Couple that with some classroom issues and it just makes for an unhappy ending.

Best of luck to him. That frees up another scholarship for us. Moving forward.....

Agree. I think Joc was expecting more out of being a Tennessee vol yet this is football. He shouldn't expect anything. Nothing is given as a freshman. Guys are gonna joke with you and make you seem no good but they are testing your grit and grind as I like to call it. JMO of course

Jashon Robertson was a blue shirt player as well if I remember correctly. That worked out pretty okay. Fact is once the season started Joc would've been on scholarship; once that happens there is zero difference between a two star and a five star player, it's all about what you do with the opportunity.

My son joined the Marine Corps at 18.......will walk with a cane the rest of his life because of it. Says even knowing what he knows now he would do it all over again, because that's where he was supposed to be, with his buddies.

Hope the rest of you excuse me if I don't feel too sorry for this young man. Wish him the best in his future though. :hi:

+1 These kids get a chance that most of us can only dream about. I don't feel one bit for them if they jack it up.

Jashon Robertson was a blue shirt player as well if I remember correctly. That worked out pretty okay. Fact is once the season started Joc would've been on scholarship; once that happens there is zero difference between a two star and a five star player, it's all about what you do with the opportunity.

Im 95% sure Jashon was never even considered for a blue-shirt.

Reactions: 5 people

No one is asking you to feel sorry, but any adult openly criticizing a kid for lack of maturity is rather hypocritical in my book...

Yeah I don't buy the walk on feel talk. He prob just didn't fit in with the guys period. It sounds like from most the rumors he was disrespectful to the veterans. If you don't want to feel like an outcast then don't disrespect the veterans, the culture and the T. Nobody really cares if you are a walk on or scholarship player when it comes to friendship. Swafford, Robertson, Thomas Edwards, Jumper don't have trouble making friends

I've heard nothing but good things about Perry from former coaches and teachers. So Perry will be fine. He is also best buds with Phillips.

VN Store

Back