'15 NC DT Shy Tuttle (UT commit 9/26/14)

Yeah, the whole team went. What is he suppose to say. He is not going to give away where he is going and he is from North Carolina. He is not going to trash the state schools. Nothing to see here , ALL VOL.

- from a poster on UNC's board.

I think Tuttle is a vol, just brought it here for the discussion.

For one thing, which board was this so called UT fan posting on? Not here or Volquest. For another thing, there is too much rumor mongering and unverifiable statements made to take this seriously. I especially liked the part about it being known that Tuttle is a "mama's boy". This reads like wishful thinking from a very concerned Tar Heel.

- from a poster on UNC's board.

I think Tuttle is a vol, just brought it here for the discussion.

I watch college and NFL as close as anyone. I've won my NFL fantasy league 4 years in a row. I guess I'm ashamed to say I have no idea who Ryan Sims is or who he even played for.

I'm pretty sure Shy knows that going to battle beside KM will present one of the greatest DT tandems ever and going beside an average DT at UNC will be average.

I watch college and NFL as close as anyone. I've won my NFL fantasy league 4 years in a row. I guess I'm ashamed to say I have no idea who Ryan Sims is or who he even played for.

I'm pretty sure Shy knows that going to battle beside KM will present one of the greatest DT tandems ever and going beside an average DT at UNC will be average.

I'll just put this here. Only to show it's a real person. I'm in no way endorsing what that guy says only to show he's got maybe a couple of facts straight. Shuttle is ALL VOL until proven otherwise...

Ryan Sims - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sorry I'm on my phone :(

I'll just put this here. Only to show it's a real person. I'm in no way endorsing what that guy says only to show he's got maybe a couple of facts straight. Shuttle is ALL VOL until proven otherwise...

Ryan Sims - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sorry I'm on my phone :(

Thanks for the info Pharm. So Sims played in 74 games for KC and recorded 54 tackles. Less than 1 tackle a game. I'm no longer ashamed I never heard of him before now.

Reactions: 2 people
Thanks for the info Pharm. So Sims played in 74 games for KC and recorded 54 tackles. Less than 1 tackle a game. I'm no longer ashamed I never heard of him before now.

Yeah, I never heard of him either and I have done fantasy for about 6 or 7 years now. I watch a ton of football every year. How this guy could influence anybody that much is beyond me.

Reactions: 1 person
Less than one tackle a game in the NFL? No, not really.

Coming out of college he was considered by most to be the best DT in the league. Heck, even just playing Madden, he was on the game for years. I know not everyone know a him but a lot of people do. If that's their "star power," I'm not worried at all. Anyways, Vol

Coming out of college he was considered by most to be the best DT in the league. Heck, even just playing Madden, he was on the game for years. I know not everyone know a him but a lot of people do. If that's their "star power," I'm not worried at all. Anyways, Vol

Stud for the ACC...Men play in the SEC went in and out

Yeah, I never heard of him either and I have done fantasy for about 6 or 7 years now. I watch a ton of football every year. How this guy could influence anybody that much is beyond me.

I think Simms was one of those players involved in that Sports agent party scandal. I may be wrong though.

Last edited:
Supposed to be the latest, if anyone would mind hooking it up.

Nothing at all interesting in this article. Friedmen did post that he believes TN is the leader with UNC and NC St tied at second.

"My finalists are my top five," said the 6-foot-2, 308-pound Tuttle. "I might do it right after school in the gym. I was thinking about doing it right before the game but I'm not sure that will work out."

"I don't talk to Clemson that much any more but I still talk to Miami a little," he said. "I talk mostly with Coach Nielson from N.C. State, coach Kap from North Carolina and coach Elder from Tennessee."

Interesting that he talks mostly with Elder. I'm not doubting Elder, but I would think we would have a different recruiter on him. If we indeed land Shy, then I'll think more highly of Elder a a recruiter

Interesting that he talks mostly with Elder. I'm not doubting Elder, but I would think we would have a different recruiter on him. If we indeed land Shy, then I'll think more highly of Elder a a recruiter

Depends who he connected with. If Elder was the guy he connected with on the visit, that may be why he is the one staying in touch with Tuttle.

I think if this were in doubt, K Mac would be sending more tweets to ole Tuttle. Feeling good about this one at the moment

Elder is awesome, probably the most underrated coach on the staff. Smart young guy with a bright future in coaching and he's handled more than a few high-profile recruitments for us before.

VN Store

Back