'15 JUCO RB Alvin Kamara (UT commit 6/21/14)

Gotta a feelin the Vols will try for one big RB who will be convinced they will have early playing time. We know the Dawgs can sign 33 this year and I wud assume Kamara (being in state) will be a big emphasis. I wud agree that a winning season will help us attract some borderline Vols BUT Kamara is a highly recruited RB apparently and whether he's friends/close with the Croom family doesn't really matter. He's one of those that probably will go down to NSD and hopefully we'll be there in the end.

Unlikely.

You can only sign 25 a class. You can still backcount EEs to the previous class though. UGA signed 19 last year with 2 EEs, putting them at 17 for last years class. I had originally thought that they were going to cap the number of EEs but apparently they didn't. So UGA can back count 8 EEs which would mean they could sign 33 but I believe that number would put them over 85 and they are not going to do that. I look for them to sign somewhere around 28-30.

You can only sign 25 a class. You can still backcount EEs to the previous class though. UGA signed 19 last year with 2 EEs, putting them at 17 for last years class. I had originally thought that they were going to cap the number of EEs but apparently they didn't. So UGA can back count 8 EEs which would mean they could sign 33 but I believe that number would put them over 85 and they are not going to do that. I look for them to sign somewhere around 28-30.

Still not so sure about that, but getting 8 EE is not an easy task either. We'll see

They already have 6-7 guys planning to enroll early. I know Rankin, Matthews, Wiggins, Ramsey and Terry are planning to. Either way, I doubt they will make 30. If I had to guess, I would take back the 28-30 and say 26-28. We always undersign or hold out and miss a couple on NSD. Also Tennessee is very much in the running to sway Henry, so they may start looking at more RBs. We will take at least 1 in this class.

They already have 6-7 guys planning to enroll early. I know Rankin, Matthews, Wiggins, Ramsey and Terry are planning to. Either way, I doubt they will make 30. If I had to guess, I would take back the 28-30 and say 26-28. We always undersign or hold out and miss a couple on NSD. Also Tennessee is very much in the running to sway Henry, so they may start looking at more RBs. We will take at least 1 in this class.

:hi:

Anyone that thinks that the Croom Family connection to this kid isn't a huge help/advantage is fooling themselves, and has no clue what they are talking about IMO. This kid is getting courted by the top teams. We are a traditional top team but teetering on whether or not we are up or down at the moment. We have a solid season next year then we get these type of kids come our way cause we will be seen as on our way up. Simple.

If this kid had to pick his top 5 teams atp, and couldn't change them, I'm sure we would be in that top 5. The reason for that would be more on the Croom Family connection then having the confidence that we are on the way up. I'm sure the opposite is correct too. If CDD were for some reason do JC dirty in some way I'm sure we would be dropped from his list in a heartbeat. Just IMO...

Reactions: 1 person
MzTerry, rumors of Kamara making a decision to UGA??????? Who would we rather have, Kamara or Henry? Hmmm, both?!?!? MT, just internet fodder?

MzTerry, rumors of Kamara making a decision to UGA??????? Who would we rather have, Kamara or Henry? Hmmm, both?!?!? MT, just internet fodder?

If he does then there isn't a dang thing we can do about it. MZTERRY isn't going to give any info on AK as far as which school he is leaning towards. We all are going to have to sit and wait and let things play out. Good things will come our way if we do well on the field this fall. I believe there are quite a few recruits that are just waiting to see how UT does this year.

Yeah, all four to five carries a game. Anyhow, I know you're just trying some good, ole' fashioned friendly roughing of our feathers.

Yeah he would be great in any offense. But would not mind seeing him in Crimson. And do not want to see him in Knoxville where we would have to play him every year.8)

VN Store

Back