'15 JUCO RB Alvin Kamara (UT commit 6/21/14)

I think personally Kamara can step in and if used right will put up big numbers in our system. His speed would do absolute wonders in this system. Reason I wanted him in the 2013 class more than any other back....

Are you referring to his lateral speed and change of direction? Last I checked he was in the mid 4.5's on his forty.

Didn't work at AU. Jacobs was 3rd on the depth chart behind Cadillac and Ronnie Brown. Transferred to a lower tier school in SIU and became the best pro of the three.

Harder to do in a old fashioned pro style they ran back then. Also times have changed. That was when you relied in one horse. Now you need 3 solid guys to take carries in a year. In a fast paced offense like ours there will be plenty if chances to get 3 backs in games

fat-kid-falling-o.gif

Is this a Tennessean Volunteering to help a bammer?
Looks successful...really hard to get them to bathe regularly :)

Reactions: 2 people
Has anyone ever heard of rotating 3 backs regularlY?

Yes, at UT
Charlie Garner
Aaron Hayden
James "Little Man"Stewart

Was glorious! If I remember correctly 2/3 had over 1k rushing each...3rd one was close. No one could stop the UT run game that year. Thought the coaches were crazy bringing in JUCO Garner, considering how good Hayden and Stewart were the previous year.

Offense would rotate RBs until one had the hot hand, then kept in until a little tired, then switch to the next back without any drop off in production...3 headed monster. So fun!

Also opened up the passing game...cannot wait to see that level of talent again! :)

Reactions: 7 people
Yes, at UT
Charlie Garner
Aaron Hayden

Was glorious! If I remember correctly 2/3 had over 1k rushing each...3rd one was close. No one could stop the UT run game that year. Thought the coaches were crazy bringing in JUCO Garner, considering how good Hayden and Stewart were the previous year.

Offense would rotate RBs until one had the hot hand, then kept in until a little tired, then switch to the next back without any drop off in production...3 headed monster. So fun!

Also opened up the passing game...cannot wait to see that level of talent again! :)

Don't forget Henry, Lewis, Stephens, and Bryson in 98.

Reactions: 2 people
Yes, at UT
Charlie Garner
Aaron Hayden

That was when we were developing great offensive lines out of 2 and 3 star Tennessee country boys. No 5 star prim madonnas in those days.

Reactions: 1 person
Yes he is but he's is the back I think he is referring too. Pender has been hurt two straight years as well but he is not a speed guy. More like a Jeremy hill type guy.

I thought Pender was supposed to be a burner? When we were recruiting him, he was supposed to have elite speed I thought?

Yes, at UT
Charlie Garner
Aaron Hayden

That was great times at Tennessee. One of my favorite memories of Tennesse football is "Little Man" flying over the pile and landing in the end zone.

Reactions: 6 people

VN Store

Back