'15 JUCO CB Justin Martin (UT Signee 2/4/15)

People don't want to believe De1 right now, but when he's talking about recruiting he's a legit insider :eek:lol:

To me he's proven he's legit.

Cat, it's not about being legit or not. Look at how OV posts and then this. If he begins describing a cherry desk and big monitors then I will just freak out.

He has an esteemed opinion of himself and scouting abilities based solely off of his abilities to post what he hears from others on here. His opinions are what he hears from other people. Therefore he isn't formulating his own opinion, but rather voicing other's opinions vicariously through him and calling it his own. Then chest thumping when someone disagrees. No issue on him posting info he hears, but not a fan of his "scouting ability."

Look man go back and reread all that was said. The information I repeated and gave credit to came from a NFL scout and read from an agents report. Then i looked up a preseason ranking and analysis to back what i said and another poster sited Mel Kiper and he said the same thing as i quoted. Ppl are trying to argue out of fandom. I don't do this. As far as chest thumping never because this is coming from a person who can call ppl on higher grounds than I, and be corrected if need be or pat on the back when wrong. Others on this board started the argument not me. I always quote where my info comes from either indirectly or directly. The thing is ppl have to understand just because you're a VOL fan doesn't mean Sutton is a 1st rd pk. He's a very good db for us, The University of Tennessee, but probably around the 9th or 10th db on draft boards. The one questionable trait as i said was told to me was physicality. Ppl try and make it out like i said I don't like him or he can't play. Homerism is something that doesn't come from me. Sorry if that upsets you or others, but I never said anything other than my credentials to validate where and how i get my info. I was called an handler and all that never or I'd be filthy rich. I do this for the kids. We have awful coaches who only worry about Friday night and never help kids in recruiting which is why we started what we do. On a wkly basis we check on certain kids and all that. At our camps since its being brought up, we often have Titans coaches and players, UT and former UT players, as well as NPA alumni help out. This is where relationships are built. I'm not here to please the masses but what i say comes from bonafide sources.

Reactions: 11 people
Hopefully you asked why Kyle is playing DT in the All DE pass rush package. Seems to me like he is a guy you would want on the edge and have Barnett/Lewis coming from inside.

Yes I've asked this same question. No answers and it has me very pissed off. The schematic they hv is azz backwards. See I had a Titan scout say before KP every went to UT that if he did, on pass rushing downs they'd put Barnett inside and KP at DE. The reason being is Barnett is a 3-4 DE or a 4-3 DT on the NFL level in many eyes. So basically its not right, KP is faster and Barnett is stronger so lots of ppl are confused. Barnett should be sliding down like Kendiche does for Ole Miss. Also before its asked i love the defensive staff especially Strip, I just dont get the rationale behind this.

Reactions: 3 people
Yes I've asked this same question. No answers and it has me very pissed off. The schematic they hv is azz backwards. See I had a Titan scout say before KP every went to UT that if he did, on pass rushing downs they'd put Barnett inside and KP at DE. The reason being is Barnett is a 3-4 DE or a 4-3 DT on the NFL level in many eyes. So basically its not right, KP is faster and Barnett is stronger so lots of ppl are confused. Barnett should be sliding down like Kendiche does for Ole Miss. Also before its asked i love the defensive staff especially Strip, I just dont get the rationale behind this.
Sluggo is the best D line coach in the country.

No idea why an NFL scout would tell you Barnett is a 3-4 end or a 4-3 tackle. He would need to put on 40-50lbs for that.

As a sophomore he slimmed down from his freshman weight.

He's an edge all day.

You don't think he could put that weight plus more on if it was determined that would be his best bet to succeed at the next level? I'm just saying its likely whoever gave this opinion thought that's where he's gonna project at best in a few years. Not unreasonable if you ask me. Although I do think he could be successful as both.

No idea why an NFL scout would tell you Barnett is a 3-4 end or a 4-3 tackle. He would need to put on 40-50lbs for that.

No he wouldn't have to add that much weight. I guess you've never heard of Barnett having weight issues and starving himself to make weight because he's a borderline DT by weight. Not sure what you think he weighs but KP is around 265- 270 and played i hs at 272. Barnett has always bn bigger than KP. Barnett could easily be 280-90 at any time.

Last edited:
No he wouldn't apparently you've never heard of Barnett having weight issues and starving himself to make weight because he's a borderline DT by weight. Not sure what you think he weighs but KP is around 265- 270 and played i hs at 272. Barnett has always bn bigger than KP. Barnett could easily be 280-90 at any time.

Barnett is playing around 260. He played bigger in HS and cut the baby fat in the S&C program.

I'd like to see sole reports that Barnett is "starving himself". That doesn't seem healthy for a defensive lineman in the SEC and he wouldn't be able to play the way he does if that were the case.

Barnett is playing around 260. He played bigger in HS and cut the baby fat in the S&C program.

I'd like to see sole reports that Barnett is "starving himself". That doesn't seem healthy for a defensive lineman in the SEC and he wouldn't be able to play the way he does if that were the case.

VFIGL this kid is close to my program and it was reported by a Volquest guy and he had to do extra conditioning to make weight. Also he is on a strict, very strict diet by the nutritionist in the facility. Limiting intake of lots of different kinds of foods and favorite snacks is what was meant by starving himself. Basically he is made to cut bk in a major way and it makes him uncomfortable at times

VFIGL this kid is close to my program and it was reported by a Volquest guy and he had to do extra conditioning to make weight. Also he is on a strict, very strict diet by the nutritionist in the facility. Limiting intake of lots of different kinds of foods and favorite snacks is what was meant by starving himself. Basically he is made to cut bk in a major way and it makes him uncomfortable at times

I don't have any doubt that many college athletes have to limit their intake of snacks and perform extra conditioning to perform at their best. Part of being an athlete is taking care of your body, even when not easy.

He could play at a Greg Hardy type weight and be just fine in the league IMO

265-275 is a fine playing weight for him.

We'll agree to disagree, no worries here.

D1. Great discussion. This is a great way to see your thoughts. This is very much appreciated. Tip of the hat.

I don't have any doubt that many college athletes have to limit their intake of snacks and perform extra conditioning to perform at their best. Part of being an athlete is taking care of your body, even when not easy.

He could play at a Greg Hardy type weight and be just fine in the league IMO

265-275 is a fine playing weight for him.

We'll agree to disagree, no worries here.

VFIGL the official roster has KP @ 259 and Barnett @ 257 lolllllll 😂 😂 😂 😂 not even close but KP or Myles Garrett at aTm are closer to Hardy type than Barnett seriously. Barnett is a Kendiche clone, tweener DE/DT guys

Reactions: 2 people

It really makes me more confused when I think back to Oklahoma game. Barnett wasn't getting much pressure at DE. Then we moved him to DT and he went freaking HAM. He was a terror. Kyle off the edge makes more sense having him go vs a weaker tackle than a stronger guard especially being an under developed freshman weight room wise. Use his strength. latroy and Barnett are a terror inside in that package when they put them there. Latroy was eating gators up in that package. I just wish they would flip Kyle and Derek. Another common sense issue inguess

Reactions: 2 people
It really makes me more confused when I think back to Oklahoma game. Barnett wasn't getting much pressure at DE. Then we moved him to DT and he went freaking HAM. He was a terror. Kyle off the edge makes more sense having him go vs a weaker tackle than a stronger guard especially being an under developed freshman weight room wise. Use his strength. latroy and Barnett are a terror inside in that package when they put them there. Latroy was eating gators up in that package. I just wish they would flip Kyle and Derek. Another common sense issue inguess

You've got to understand... Butch and company have charts and analytics for this. It's charted and the charts then tell them what the right thing to do is. Don't argue with the charts or the system. If you argue with the charts then you clearly don't understand Football. It's a chart based game!!!!

Reactions: 1 person
Look man go back and reread all that was said. The information I repeated and gave credit to came from a NFL scout and read from an agents report. Then i looked up a preseason ranking and analysis to back what i said and another poster sited Mel Kiper and he said the same thing as i quoted. Ppl are trying to argue out of fandom. I don't do this. As far as chest thumping never because this is coming from a person who can call ppl on higher grounds than I, and be corrected if need be or pat on the back when wrong. Others on this board started the argument not me. I always quote where my info comes from either indirectly or directly. The thing is ppl have to understand just because you're a VOL fan doesn't mean Sutton is a 1st rd pk. He's a very good db for us, The University of Tennessee, but probably around the 9th or 10th db on draft boards. The one questionable trait as i said was told to me was physicality. Ppl try and make it out like i said I don't like him or he can't play. Homerism is something that doesn't come from me. Sorry if that upsets you or others, but I never said anything other than my credentials to validate where and how i get my info. I was called an handler and all that never or I'd be filthy rich. I do this for the kids. We have awful coaches who only worry about Friday night and never help kids in recruiting which is why we started what we do. On a wkly basis we check on certain kids and all that. At our camps since its being brought up, we often have Titans coaches and players, UT and former UT players, as well as NPA alumni help out. This is where relationships are built. I'm not here to please the masses but what i say comes from bonafide sources.

Oh my. Who wrote this post? Cause it definitely wasn't the de1 that usually posts on here lol...

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back