'14 TN RB Shaun Prevo

He look better now than last year? He was a stud last year as well, and he has put on about 20 lbs since last season.

No? His father wanted him to go to Maryville, and that is the district he lives in. He doesn't live with his Mom who lives in the Alcoa city district.

But anyways, Shawn is taller than 5'11 definately. I'm 5'11 and I've talked to him on numerous occasions. More like 6'0 or 6'1

Dont most maryville players live in other school districts but choose to live in the Maryville school district with a "Dad,mom,grandma,grandpa, aunt, uncle, cousin, family friend".

There is alot of recruiting going on at Maryville High School.

Reactions: 1 person
Dont most maryville players live in other school districts but choose to live in the Maryville school district with a "Dad,mom,grandma,grandpa, aunt, uncle, cousin, family friend".

There is alot of recruiting going on at Maryville High School.

Clueless

Prevo reminds me of Arian Foster the way he runs. And before the fumbling jokes come up, yes Prevo did have some ball security issues. As a sophomore, though, he's got plenty of time to work on it.

Ok captain inside knowledge. Since it is such a well known fact that Maryville "recruits" players, find me some evidence to prove the "facts".

I live in Maryville and have seen it first hand, but I dont have any proof to share with you. You can believe what you want to believe but there is a reason Maryville is loaded with talent every year while the bigger schools bordering it is not.

I live in Maryville and have seen it first hand, but I dont have any proof to share with you. You can believe what you want to believe but there is a reason Maryville is loaded with talent every year while the bigger schools bordering it is not.

Oh ok. Living in Maryville makes you an expert. It also makes you exempt from having to provide evidence to substantiate these tired rumors. Well I lived in Maryville the first 18 years of my life and played football for all four years under Quarles and staff and never once came across a case similar to what you claim.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Ok captain inside knowledge. Since it is such a well known fact that Maryville "recruits" players, find me some evidence to prove the "facts".

I'm not trying to downplay what Maryville has done over the years. I played against them all 4 years and really respect the MHS team. So calm down.

But I don't care if you played for Quarles for 4 years. I know for a fact that numerous players who weren't zoned for Maryville eneded up going there to play football. Numerous friends of mine. It's not like it's a secret either. I'm not calling it "recruiting" necessarily and I'm not saying it's right or wrong. I'm just telling you I know it to be fact. I don't need or want to give evidence on it. Because I'm not naming names on a message board.

And that's the last I'm speaking of it "captain inside knowledge".

I'm not trying to downplay what Maryville has done over the years. I played against them all 4 years and really respect the MHS team. So calm down.

But I don't care if you played for Quarles for 4 years. I know for a fact that numerous players who weren't zoned for Maryville eneded up going there to play football. Numerous friends of mine. It's not like it's a secret either. I'm not calling it "recruiting" necessarily and I'm not saying it's right or wrong. I'm just telling you I know it to be fact. I don't need or want to give evidence on it. Because I'm not naming names on a message board.

And that's the last I'm speaking of it "captain inside knowledge".

Do these people pay tuition to go to Maryville? That's the only way that somebody that isn't zoned for Maryville City Schools will be able to enroll at Maryville. And trust me when I tell you that they are strict about tuition. If they do pay tuition, then what's the problem?

Also, sorry to derail the Prevo thread. He had a hell of a game the other night. If he can add some bulk up top, he will be a force.

Last edited:
Jealous? It's high school football...Unless you are in high school or have a kid that goes to the school it is pretty insignificant.

A part of the reason Tennessee high school football will never compare to surrounding states....

Also, for the poster above....if you were any count or your son was any count, would you send him to Heritage over MHS if you could afford tuition? They may recruit, but its easy to see why they get most of the talent in Blount Co., its called a program...

Do these people pay tuition to go to Maryville? That's the only way that somebody that isn't zoned for Maryville City Schools will be able to enroll at Maryville. And trust me when I tell you that they are strict about tuition. If they do pay tuition, then what's the problem?

Also, sorry to derail the Prevo thread. He had a hell of a game the other night. If he can add some bulk up top, he will be a force.

He has gained alot since last year. Used to seem like a twig, when talking to him I always wondered how he took hits. Now he has a good bit of muscle on him.
Still a long ways from SEC muscle though.

Why would someone pay tuition at a public school??

Nothing like a few sheep that are jealous of the success of Maryville... Baaaaahhhhh

Im not jealous of Maryville football and have two young sons and will be sending them to Maryville if either one of them ends up being good enough at football.

They wont be paying any tuition though, good football players dont pay tuition.

Im not jealous of Maryville football and have two young sons and will be sending them to Maryville if either one of them ends up being good enough at football.

They wont be paying any tuition though, good football players dont pay tuition.

This is baseless and false. I have a friend that was an all region defensive tackle. He lived in the county and didn't pay tuition because he was "living with his grandparents" in the city. The school found out and made a huge deal out of it. His family had to pay backed tuition and his father was fired from the city. They don't let people into Maryville unless they are zoned for it or they pay tuition.

A part of the reason Tennessee high school football will never compare to surrounding states....

Also, for the poster above....if you were any count or your son was any count, would you send him to Heritage over MHS if you could afford tuition? They may recruit, but its easy to see why they get most of the talent in Blount Co., its called a program...

No. That's not the reason. It's the same mentality in FL. It's a big deal when you are connected but if you don't go there or your kid doesn't then it's a late news interest at best.

No. That's not the reason. It's the same mentality in FL. It's a big deal when you are connected but if you don't go there or your kid doesn't then it's a late news interest at best.

8,000 people at the Alcoa Vs. Maryville game beg to differ. Highschool football in Maryville and Alcoa is always a big deal for the community, not just the parents of players.

8,000 people at the Alcoa Vs. Maryville game beg to differ. Highschool football in Maryville and Alcoa is always a big deal for the community, not just the parents of players.

He was saying it's the reason Tennessee HS football is bad and I said it isn't the reason. What are you arguing?

He was saying it's the reason Tennessee HS football is bad and I said it isn't the reason. What are you arguing?

I was responding to the part about it not being a big deal. You called it "Late News at best", to which I replied "8000 blah blah blah". Just because you don't care about High School football doesn't mean the rest of the town doesn't.

Does Maryville ever venture outta state to play or invite teams to play them. I would like to see a Buford vs Maryville matchup. What classification is Maryville,Buford is AA

VN Store

Back