'14 PA PF Elijah Minnie

The video I found and posted was last year, he was 6'9" 190lbs, I've seen reports of him now weighing 220lbs+ fwiw

I hope he is academically sound seems he must be or we wouldn't be going to see him this week. He failed all his classes as a freshman then as a junior was ruled academically ineligible because he transferred. He has supposedly worked over the summers to get the credits he needs. He is a guy I think we take if he can qualify to get in UT and is willing to come here. He is starting to get a lot of attention.

After watching that YouTube video, I definitely would love to add this kid, his game looks like Armani Moore just bigger.

Minnie very excited about the Vols he just needs an offer and I expect he will be on our roster.

@Josh_Stirn: 2014 6'8 F Elijah Minnie (Dejuan Blair All-Stars) picked up interest from Tennessee, Memphis, Kansas State and Dayton over the weekend.

IMO Minnie, he would be rated much higher and more heavily recruited if grades hadn't been a concern.
Think there's any chance the coaches go after Minnie's uncommitted teammate Ryan Skovranko? He's 6'7" and is a very promising small forward. He can handle the ball, shoot well, run the floor, and at 6'7" he's got plus length on the perimeter. Could really be a good player down the line.

Tennessee watched him play this weekend in Pittsburgh but there is nothing going on there at the moment. He's not someone that I think they're going to pursue based off what I've heard last night/this morning. I would guess that could change depending on how things go elsewhere but right now I would not consider him a target.

-VQ

VN Store

Back