'14 JUCO DT Davonte Lambert (Auburn Commit 12/18/13)

so-excited-so-scared-j-spano-o.gif

A prospect coaches will be depending on for an immediate contribution next season. Make no mistake, Lambert is a "must have" at this point.

No doubt about it. So is a JUCO LT. This staff needs to beat out Auburn for Blair. Lambert and Blair on campus in January would be HUGE for next fall.

Reactions: 1 person
No doubt about it. So is a JUCO LT. This staff needs to beat out Auburn for Blair. Lambert and Blair on campus in January would be HUGE for next fall.

I don't see the juco OL as nearly important. Do I have a false sense of comfort with our youngsters??

Agreed. It's a good sign he hasn't committed to them yet, although I believe the Tigers are still in the driver's seat for Mr. Blair.

I don't see the juco OL as nearly important. Do I have a false sense of comfort with our youngsters??
No, but I don't see a LT of the bunch. Possibly Brett? Sanders is similar to Kerbyson (a RT/ RG), Weisman is a G/C, and Brett could really settle anywhere from LT, to either G, to RT IMO.

Most likely I see Brett at RT, Sanders at RG, and Weisman at LG/C.

Yes, IMO you don't lose the type of talent and experience we are set to lose after this year without a drop-off. Also, I think we are in much better shape with young interior O-linemen than we are with tackles. Getting a good juco OT this cycle is VERY important. JMO.

Last edited:

I would usually feel better going with a kid who has been in the UT system for 2-3 years VS a Juco kid coming in and taking the starting job. There are always exceptions as some kids are just that talented. Maybe Blair proves to be that type of talent. I would think the real reason he is waiting to announce anything is he will not make a decision until he knows Tiny has confirmed he is headed to the NFL. Still think AU leads here, but Tiny going in the 1st RD could look very good to Blair with that spot open for the taking.

I would usually feel better going with a kid who has been in the UT system for 2-3 years VS a Juco kid coming in and taking the starting job. There are always exceptions as some kids are just that talented. Maybe Blair proves to be that type of talent. I would think the real reason he is waiting to announce anything is he will not make a decision until he knows Tiny has confirmed he is headed to the NFL. Still think AU leads here, but Tiny going in the 1st RD could look very good to Blair with that spot open for the taking.
Not downing your opinion but Blair will have been enrolled way before the draft.

VN Store

Back