'14 FL LB Jakob Johnson (UT Signee 2/5/14)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I don't care where I play. If they say, 'Jakob, you've got to lose 30 pounds and play receiver,' or, 'you have to gain 70 pounds and play left tackle or guard,' I don't care, I'll do whatever. I just want to play," Johnson offered.

Well that'll feed the couch coaches for a while.

Fellow Vol fans:
This is a winners attitude. This attitude is infectious and the beginning of one hell of a ride. Winter just got a little warmer!

Reactions: 1 person
"I absolutely love coach Jones," Johnson said. "I think it's just the way that he talks and the vision that he has for the program and you can just feel he's not trying to sell something or have Tennessee look fancy, he's just telling you what his goals are and what he's trying to do with the program. I've never talked to a coach like that before. I want to go to Tennessee and I'm ready."

"It's fulfilling I dream I had when I came to America and a life-goal is coming true, but it's a little sad because I won't be able to see my family here in Florida for a while," Johnson said. "But, in the end, it's always been my dream to play football so I'm really excited to do it for something really, really big and meaningful."

"We talked a little bit about that on my official visit and coach Thig thinks I can be a player like A.J. Johnson in the middle," Johnson said, "but at the same time they talked to me about playing on the outside. I think they believe I have a good speed and that could help out on the defense."

"I don't care where I play. If they say, 'Jakob, you've got to lose 30 pounds and play receiver,' or, 'you have to gain 70 pounds and play left tackle or guard,' I don't care, I'll do whatever. I just want to play," Johnson offered.

- VQ

Sweet, another body to move to DT.

Well that'll feed the couch coaches for a while.

They still make guys like this?? That's refreshing..

Reactions: 1 person
If he has skills at the QB position, I wouldn't mind it. 6'4" 240lb QB, if he has a cannon and say 4.6-4.8 speed? Give him the job.

the new pic of j´s dad in FB

visit in germany was canceled for now...cause of a ncaa rule...

Attachments

• dad.JPG
    dad.JPG
    24.2 KB · Views: 567
Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
At least the rule change didn't cost us JJ. Super excited to have him on board.

Yep

In all serious if lambert was changing back and forth(I don't think he was) as reported on Wednesday the rule might have cost us him. An extra trip might have been the difference

Yep

In all serious if lambert was changing back and forth(I don't think he was) as reported on Wednesday the rule might have cost us him. An extra trip might have been the difference

I have no idea what happened in that situation, but he has basically been deleted from my consciousness now. I wouldn't care if he doesn't play a single snap or becomes all SEC.

“@dillonbates: Two Tennessee guys in the Super 24 @JohnsonJakob

I have thought this for a while but after seeing this picture I Think its worth saying.

Bates looks far from physically being ready to play LB in the SEC as a true freshmen. All the talk about him being an immediate factor seems very premature IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back