'14 AL RB Racean Thomas

Since it looks like we aren't in the running for this back I wish he would go outside of the SEC, but that is not going to happen. Alabubba or Barn bound IMO

Rivals100 running back Racean Thomas was in attendance and took time to talk about a few schools that stand out. Alabama, Auburn, Georgia, and Oregon were at the top of his list. The Oregon coaches told him he could put up huge numbers in their fast-paced offense, but look for him to stay closer to home and stay in the Southeast come signing day. Alabama and Auburn are in good shape and it could be a two-team race down the stretch.

-Rivals

Despite not taking many reps in one-on-ones, Thomas still showed the athleticism that has him ranked as one of the top players in the country. During agilities and position drills, he moved well and showed a good burst. Thomas also looked comfortable catching the ball out of the backfield.

-Woody Wommack

"I'm still interested in Tennessee," Thomas told InsideTennessee. "They're improving. I think they're going to have a good team this year, and you know they're going up."

"Yeah cause you know I like competition," Thomas said. "With a lot of guys there, you can get better and by the time you get to the NFL you won't be as worn out as other guys that just start every game and don't really have any other backups."

"It doesn't matter. I think I can go anywhere and make an impact. I don't really care about being*the*guy," he said.

"I'm still evaluating everybody and still looking," said Thomas, who plays at the same Oxford (Ala.) High School as current Vol defensive tackle*Allan Carson.

"It's really how many guys they've put in the league and guys that are still playing right now in the league," he said. "Eric Berry, I went to a practice and he just came in and he was watching the guys do one-on-one so he just hopped in and started helping them out."

-scout

Reactions: 1 person
UT landing Thomas us about as likely as Berry coming back for his last year of eligibility. Would be nice for him to be out third back in this class though.

images

Florida could be getting involved here to. Anything to keep him away from Bama. I love him as a prospect and him and Dalvin Cook would be a sick running back class.

Florida could be getting involved here to. Anything to keep him away from Bama. I love him as a prospect and him and Dalvin Cook would be a sick running back class.

youre a Florida fan... what do you mean anything to keep him away from Bama... we dont want him at UF either

"I'm still interested in Tennessee," Thomas told InsideTennessee. "They're improving. I think they're going to have a good team this year, and you know they're going up."

"Yeah cause you know I like competition," Thomas said. "With a lot of guys there, you can get better and by the time you get to the NFL you won't be as worn out as other guys that just start every game and don't really have any other backups."

"It doesn't matter. I think I can go anywhere and make an impact. I don't really care about being*the*guy," he said.

"I'm still evaluating everybody and still looking," said Thomas, who plays at the same Oxford (Ala.) High School as current Vol defensive tackle*Allan Carson.

"It's really how many guys they've put in the league and guys that are still playing right now in the league," he said. "Eric Berry, I went to a practice and he just came in and he was watching the guys do one-on-one so he just hopped in and started helping them out."

-scout

Hopefully this will help end allthe talk about how top RBs will stop going to UA because of a crowded backfield.

UT landing Thomas us about as likely as Berry coming back for his last year of eligibility. Would be nice for him to be out third back in this class though.
we need defence line defence line look at bama Lsu that where it is its not sexty or pretty but you better have some big uglys.:)

youre a Florida fan... what do you mean anything to keep him away from Bama... we dont want him at UF either

Yeah, that's more me thinking out loud, as a Florida fan I would love to have him but would much rather him go to Tennessee or Auburn than Alabama. I guess that doesnt mean all that much to y'all lol.

Interesting about UF getting involved with Thomas because I just read that is now looking at visiting UA this summer. You hear anything on your end?

Yeah, that's more me thinking out loud, as a Florida fan I would love to have him but would much rather him go to Tennessee or Auburn than Alabama. I guess that doesnt mean all that much to y'all lol.

For the record if Thomas were to decide today he would he be all tiger and heading to the plains not TTown.

Well, you really do need two elite RB's have a sustainable power run game, IMHO. Especially when we operate the offense at such a rapid pace. Hurd will be needing a breather more frequently than if we ran a conventional offense, calling plays in the huddle.

What I really like about Racean's game is that wicked stiff arm..which was Travis Henry's hallmark. It turns short gainers into long runs, and if I was a DB trying to tackle him, I ain't liking life too much right at that moment. :)

VN Store

Back