13th ranked Lady Vols Soccer takes on Vandy @ 1:00 today (11/17) In SEC tournament.

You mean the "SEC EAST Champion" Lady Vols Soccer Team! How can you win the SECE and not be ranked higher? With USC, UF, etc. you would think they'd be given a little more love. Does USC and UF suck this year?
Yes, SEC EAST Champs, ranked 2 in conference, 13th nationally, on SEC channel today at 1:00. GO LADY VOLS!!!

anybody know if Tennessee is projected to make the NCAA tournament?

anybody know if Tennessee is projected to make the NCAA tournament?

I'd say that's nearly impossible to project given that only four conferences have played in the fall. Given that the tournament is apparently seeing its number of teams reduced by twelve, though*, I'm not sure that things are looking too good.

* This runs counter to the graphic shown during the game today that discussed 48 teams, and I'm not exactly sure how you'd get rid of twelve schools equitably as going from 17 to 5 at-large bids is just absurd.

Reactions: MAD
I'd say that's nearly impossible to project given that only four conferences have played in the fall. Given that the tournament is apparently seeing its number of teams reduced by twelve, though*, I'm not sure that things are looking too good.

* This runs counter to the graphic shown during the game today that discussed 48 teams, and I'm not exactly sure how you'd get rid of twelve schools equitably as going from 17 to 5 at-large bids is just absurd.

Women’s College Cup is May 13-17. The bracket will consist of 48 teams, with 31 automatic qualifiers and 17 at-large selections.
Normally, the bracket size for the women’s soccer championship is 64 teams, with four teams advancing to the finals site.
Regular-season competition can be played Feb. 3-April 17, with selections on April 18.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol

VN Store

Back