'13 TN WR Josh Smith (UT signee)

So what? I don't understand offering any of the three. The best players in East TN do not deserve a UT offer just because they live nearby. We need to upgrade our talent level. I don't understand offering them period, but especially in June.

Smith, Kendrick and High are the types of guys we need to slow play IMO.

Are you a 100% sure their talent is not worthy of UT?
How do you know? Are you a Coach? Are you scout for an NFL team? Have you evaluated them in person? :hi:

Gah there is so much coaching talent on this board. Why aren't you guys coaching and recruiting for D1 schools??

You do realize that's what a message board is for right? It isn't all cheerleading.

I would argue that there are several guys on this board that probably could be a scout for smaller D1 schools. I'm not going to quit my day job anytime soon though.

I first wondered Wth who is this but after watching his highlights I wonder how the hell is this kid not been talked about before. He looks damn good. Looks quick and has some hops to grab the jump ball

Reactions: 3 people
Have any of you seen this kid play? I have three times and he was the best player on the field. He runs very precise routes and has hands of glue. The kid can play football. He is 100 times better than butterfingers Rogers. He is a ballplayer.

No you didn't? You have to be talking about Zach right? At least I hope

Are you a 100% sure their talent is not worthy of UT?
How do you know? Are you a Coach? Are you scout for an NFL team? Have you evaluated them in person? :hi:

They play East TN HS football. The odds are against them. For every 1 player you can name that "made it" I can name 3 or 4 that flopped. There has already been 4 or 5 listed in this thread.

I'm not a coach or an NFL scout (which would have nothing to do with scouting a HS kid) but I do follow recruiting and I have watched them play several times.

Oh and Devrin Young hasn't done anything yet so don't go there...

You do realize that's what a message board is for right? It isn't all cheerleading.

I would argue that there are several guys on this board that probably could be a scout for smaller D1 schools. I'm not going to quit my day job anytime soon though.

Yes I realize that. Quite a few posters in this thread need to get over themselves.

So what? I don't understand offering any of the three. The best players in East TN do not deserve a UT offer just because they live nearby. We need to upgrade our talent level. I don't understand offering them period, but especially in June.

Smith, Kendrick and High are the types of guys we need to slow play IMO.

So what you're saying is... a school that is historically known to start slow and finish strong in recruiting go into camp season and start the season with only commitments from out of state prospects, because 5/8 of our prospects are essentially out of state (including Memphis and the waivering Carr as out of state), and just rely on closing strong and having a good season or just relaying the same message that the coaching have been preaching all season.

Let's face it. Other coaches are and will continue to gain momentum and negatively recruit against us until we can start football season in hopes of proving them wrong. What better way to instill confidence than a testimony of faith by your peers who are grinding and camping with you?

We need momentum. They feel he can contribute. Get the ball rolling however you see fit.

He may have talent, but we are in on other receivers. I do not understand why we are so trigger happy with our offers to local kids. Their are more talented receivers out there that have the same measurables as Smith that are interested in us.

just watched his highlights from his website... I encourage all of you that are confused or complaining about this offer to do the same.

This kid is very, very athletic.

Good Lawd, the second video - runs a hard slant, catches the ball, and then literally jumps over a defender.

Reactions: 2 people
So what you're saying is... a school that is historically known to start slow and finish strong in recruiting go into camp season and start the season with only commitments from out of state prospects, because 5/8 of our prospects are essentially out of state (including Memphis and the waivering Carr as out of state), and just rely on closing strong and having a good season or just relaying the same message that the coaching have been preaching all season.

Let's face it. Other coaches are and will continue to gain momentum and negatively recruit against us until we can start football season in hopes of proving them wrong. What better way to instill confidence than a testimony of faith by your peers who are grinding and camping with you?

We need momentum. They feel he can contribute. Get the ball rolling however you see fit.

Starting slow is one thing... offering 3 CAK kids is another thing (QB is next).

Reactions: 3 people
Interesting. Last year, while UT accepted commitments from Cordarrelle Patterson, Alton Howard, and Jason Croom, Georgia accepted a commitment from local WR Blake Tibbs.

Thank you for making my point for me. That was last year. This is this year. Last year was a great WR haul for UT. This year, Dooley is accepting very questionable commitments way too early in the recruiting process. Look no further than the product on the field. Oh... And the commitments our Rivals are accepting.

Having a Rivals,Scout,or 247 membership and reposting infomation makes no one on this board a professional if so they would be doing it for a living dont kid yourself.

VN Store

Back