'13 TN DE Jason Carr (UT signee)

Simmons is basing it off Bama going after him hard' (paraphrasing) per another source. While him taking visits doesn't give me a warm and cozy feeling inside. Per TW(yes I'm citing you) other Bama fans on Simmons twitter numbers are tight and someone else would have to more than likely fall through before Bama became a serious player here.

Ole Miss is the one to watch closely. Also keep in mind that CBJ has an in home left for Jason as well. Think if CBJ continues to recruit Jason, he will be a Vol come NSD.

Last edited:
We're checking around to see if he's visiting, and he may certainly be, that's why we never ruled it out. But, I wouldn't agree that Alabama is the team to beat and that he's unlikely to sign with Tennessee, not based on my conversations with Carr and others around him.

-Fortenberry

Reactions: 4 people
Easy now...let's not get ahead of ourselves.

You need to re-read the VN posting rules. Right there at the top, it states very clearly "Whatever you do, make sure you always get ahead of yourself. The best 2 options available at any time are freaking out or outright panic".

Reactions: 1 person
Oh but he's way down Bama's list don't you remember? He doesn't even have a committable offer. :hi:

Lets see if I can explain this in easy terms for you.

UA at least according to every UA recruiting site has room for 2 more DL with the 5 spots left. Which makes sense because everyone that follows recruiting knows that UA wants 1 more OL Tunsil, 1 more DB Bell, and Kamara. So 5-3 spots =2.

Now everyone knows that D Liner has a spot. So 1 spot left. Every UA site is reporting that the UA staff has made E Vanderdoes(former USC commit) and 5 star DT a top priority. Flew out to visit him this week and he will take an OV in 2 weeks to UA. These according to the so called experts are the top 2 choices for the 2 remaining DL spots.

Henri Poggi a current Michigan commit picked UM over UA during the summer. The staff now has him coming in for an OV this weekend. I would think he may be serious since Hoke has made it public that if you take a visit after you commit your scholarship is gone.

As well as Poggi coming in this weekend so is 5 star M Adams(long shot) but the UA staff would take him as any other school would, 5 star A'Shawn Robinson(Texas commit) is taking an OV and has seems very interested as well. Not to mention that the new #2 player in the country C Jones(MSU commit) looks to be taking an OV to UA as well before NSD.

Now in my opinion Carr would be a take but I do not get paid for my opinion like those at the sites. I just posted what is out there. I also think that if the UA staff was confident on Carr they would not be making a late push for Poggi or a few others.

If UA ends up with any of those 2 I doubt any UA fan will be unhappy. Carr is a legit player but most UA people believes he ends up at UT.

In the end I hope we can get them all and worry later where to fit them all.

Last edited:

UA at least according to every UA recruiting site has room for 2 more DL with the 5 spots left. Which makes sense because everyone that follows recruiting knows that UA wants 1 more OL Tunsil, 1 more DB Bell, and Kamara. So 5-3 spots =2.

Now everyone knows that D Liner has a spot. So 1 spot left. Every UA site is reporting that the UA staff has made E Vanderdoes(former USC commit) and 5 star DT a top priority. Flew out to visit him this week and he will take an OV in 2 weeks to UA. These according to the so called experts are the top 2 choices for the 2 remaining DL spots.

Henri Poggi a current Michigan commit picked UM over UA during the summer. The staff now has him coming in for an OV this weekend. I would think he may be serious since Hoke has made it public that if you take a visit after you commit your scholarship is gone.

As well as Poggi coming in this weekend so is 5 star M Adams(long shot) but the UA staff would take him as any other school would, 5 star A'Shawn Robinson(Texas commit) is taking an OV and has seems very interested as well. Not to mention that the new #2 player in the country C Jones(MSU commit) looks to be taking an OV to UA as well before NSD.

Now in my opinion Carr would be a take but I do not get paid for my opinion like those at the sites. I just posted what is out there. I also think that if the UA staff was confident on Carr they would not be making a late push for Poggi or a few others.

If UA ends up with any of those 2 I doubt any UA fan will be unhappy. Carr is a legit player but most UA people thinks he stays at UT.

You really don't get the point do you? I don't mind you TW. I really don't care what Bama's numbers look like. I didn't even read your post when it was apparent it was about how if every DL line prospect bama had offered decides to go elsewhere Bama may offer Carr. My point is that many times, most actually, your posts are arrogant and condescending. Point in case was your quote "He is way down on Bamas list so UT will get him”. You make the mistake of thinking we give a shat about Bama's list. If you can't see this, you are still drunk from the national championship celebration. :hi:

If UA ends up with any of those 2 I doubt any UA fan will be unhappy. Carr is a legit player but most UA people believes he ends up at UT.

my God I hate alabama with every fiber of my body.

VN Store

Back