13 tackles for loss

Some will point out the opponent. I just remember how many times I wanted to show we were good when we were supposed to show how good we are. Nice refreshing. Go Vols. Our D has played hard all season. Those jokers probably have a resting heart rate around 40 with as many downs as they play.

Without looking it up, I believe the last time we had this many tackles for loss, it was 1999, in our opening game against Wyoming. We had about 10 sacks in the first half alone in that game. It was insane. That was probably the best d-line in UT history. Senior Darwin Walker, senior Shaun Ellis, senior Billy Ratliff, sophomore John Henderson, sophomore Will Overstreet, freshman Albert Haynesworth. Amazing depth and talent.

There's a reason we didn't give up a single rushing TD through the first 7 or 8 games that season. If we still had Cutcliffe in '99, I think we win the natty again, but Tee Martin and the offense took a step backwards with Randy Sanders.

I live our aggressive attacking style. Banks is a good play caller. Can't wait till he has some quality depth to play with

That is if we can keep him.
The only thing about this type of play (attack all the time) is it is a two edge sword. Live by the sword die by the sword. We are tending to call this "inconsistent" play.

Reactions: dduncan4163
As many snaps as they have played, they should lead in every category except yardage. Or defense still has a looooong ways to go. Given the circumstances though, we're ok

Quality depth will get the D off the field in the future.

Currently, they don't create enough 3 and outs so they spend eternity on the field.

Happy they do so well with TFL so i don't quite understand why they don't create more 3 and outs.

Without looking it up, I believe the last time we had this many tackles for loss, it was 1999, in our opening game against Wyoming. We had about 10 sacks in the first half alone in that game. It was insane. That was probably the best d-line in UT history. Senior Darwin Walker, senior Shaun Ellis, senior Billy Ratliff, sophomore John Henderson, sophomore Will Overstreet, freshman Albert Haynesworth. Amazing depth and talent.

There's a reason we didn't give up a single rushing TD through the first 7 or 8 games that season. If we still had Cutcliffe in '99, I think we win the natty again, but Tee Martin and the offense took a step backwards with Randy Sanders.
They had NFL on their minds

They had NFL on their minds

Jamal Lewis definitely did. Not sure about anyone else, though. The defense was amazing that year. Tee Martin struggled without Cutcliffe and Peerless. Both of them made Tee Martin look better than he was. The team also missed the leadership of Al Wilson.

Jamal Lewis definitely did. Not sure about anyone else, though. The defense was amazing that year. Tee Martin struggled without Cutcliffe and Peerless. Both of them made Tee Martin look better than he was. The team also missed the leadership of Al Wilson.
Big time, T like Milton overthrew alot

If they could have figured out how to get off the field on 3rd downs this year, our defense would have been pretty special. That is the one thing that should be the biggest focus going into next season.

VN Store

Back