'13 SF Alex Fountain

6'8" PF/SF
Alex Fountain
Central High School Wartburg

Check him out on ESPN Recruiting

This kid is getting ready to start his Sophomore year of High School and literally dominated the competition this previous season.

ESPN Recruiting has him listed at 6'5" which isn't accurate he began the summer at 6'6" and has grown to 6'8" as of this weekend.

He is extremely thin but strong as an ox. His vertical is out of the gym (40") and has an awesome mid-range game. He also has the ability to step back and shoot the 3...

He plays for AAU Travelers and is averaging 15.2 ppg. This is the same AAU team that Tyler Smith, Scotty Hopson and other great UT players have been on.

He's not even skimmed the surface of his abilities. This kid is legit and will start accumulating offers like crazy by the middle of this season!

Don't let the small 2A school keep you from checking into this kid. Book it you will be seeing more of him...

He goes to my church and I think 6'8" is an accurate height. He has always been a great kid!
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Always good to have good players with good attitudes also. And at the rate he is growing... well he could easily be 6'10 to 7'0 by his senior year.

i hate the fact my other school is in the same district as wartburg.......even though we did beat them 4 in a row :)

6'8" PF/SF
Alex Fountain

This kid is getting ready to start his Sophomore year of High School and literally dominated the competition this previous season.

ESPN Recruiting has him listed at 6'5" which isn't accurate he began the summer at 6'6" and has grown to 6'8" as of this weekend.

He is extremely thin but strong as an ox. His vertical is out of the gym (40") and has an awesome mid-range game. He also has the ability to step back and shoot the 3...

He plays for AAU Travelers and is averaging 15.2 ppg. This is the same AAU team that Tyler Smith, Scotty Hopson and other great UT players have been on.

He's not even skimmed the surface of his abilities. This kid is legit and will start accumulating offers like crazy by the middle of this season!

Don't let the small 2A school keep you from checking into this kid. Book it you will be seeing more of him...

Kinda confused by that statement. Sounds like the kid has potential though.

Hes really skinny, but he cannot be pushed around. He is strong. Just because your not 300 pounds doesn't mean you can't be strong.

I was watching one of his AAU games and had a kid hanging on his left arm, had the ball in his right hand and literally pulled the kids on his left arm up to grab the ball with both hands and slam it home...

He is an awesome kid with a great work ethic. He also is very humble.

Having grown up near Wartburg I will have to i will have to pull for this young man to some day wear th ORANGE.

This kid is in a great program at Wartburg. Central High School Wartburg has become somewhat a dynasty for boys basketball. Joe Layne is the Head Coach since 2002. He has led the dogs to win the District Championship 5 of 8 years. He even took them to the State Championship in 2007.

Coach Layne is a phenomenal coach and will protect Alex and push him in the right directions.

Be sure to check out Alex and the Dogs play this season....

Yeah, I know what your sayin man. Usually when someone is really thin the first thing you would think is they need to get stronger but yes I guessI've also seen people play stronger and tougher than they look now that I think about it.

Not good that he plays for the TN Travelers. Hopson was almost sealed to MSU, Gordon to MSU, Tyler Smith wanted no part of Pearl coming out of HS. Didn't Vanardo also play for them? I'd say watch out for M$U.

I'm not sure we've had very good luck with the TN Travelers.

Don't think we've had any players from the Travelers except Dodson, which didn't last. My HS coach coaches for them now.

6'8" PF/SF
Alex Fountain

If this kid's legit, he's by far the best athlete in my lifetime to ever come out of Morgan County. I played against Wartburg all through high school, and their level of athletes is less than impressive. I wouldn't count on this kid being SEC caliber, but it's still impressive he can go D-1 coming from such a small school with a pretty poor sports program.

Alex is ALL VOL!!! If Bruce offered he would commit on site. This kid is not only a natural on the court, he exhibits a tremendous amount emotion on the court...I will update ya'll on his stats from this past weeks AAU games this weekend...

No offers at this point. He is just not getting the attention he deserves. Due to his small school alot of the bigger schools have been scared off. But with his AAU play his popularity is growing immensely. He is good friends with many of the current and former UT players.

If this kid's legit, he's by far the best athlete in my lifetime to ever come out of Morgan County. I played against Wartburg all through high school, and their level of athletes is less than impressive. I wouldn't count on this kid being SEC caliber, but it's still impressive he can go D-1 coming from such a small school with a pretty poor sports program.

It's true the caliber of talent coming out of Morgan County has been extremely poor in the past. This kid is legit and will prove it this b-ball season. Maybe you should make a trip to watch him play...

Oh and Where did you play exactly?

It's true the caliber of talent coming out of Morgan County has been extremely poor in the past. This kid is legit and will prove it this b-ball season. Maybe you should make a trip to watch him play...

Oh and Where did you play exactly?

I played for Scott County a few years ago while the Vespie brothers were at Wartburg. I'd be surprised if Fountain is SEC caliber, but I wish nothing but the best for the kid.

Alot has changed since the Vespies were there. Granted they were good, but Alex is 20 times better...No one from Wartburg has played AAU B-Ball before, of course none have been good enough. He plays on one of the most prestigous around...I will post up to date stats and pic of him asap

He would likely be the first player ever out of Morgan County to make D1. I really hope he is that good. Many players from small schools get over-looked due to the competition level.

Just got an email from a Volnation Member who goes to church with Alex. He will be getting some photos of Alex and up to date stats from him tonight...He said that Alex told him this morning he is all vol and the second he is given an offer he is taking it...

VN Store

Back