'13 LA RB Kaleb Blanchard

-Rivals.com

Maybe this situation will play out much the same way the Turman situation did. Obviously that worked out well. :ph34r:

I sure hope we land a couple great RBs. Passing on kids that seem ready to commit now or WERE committed(see a couple LBs) in hopes of that "big fish" has not worked out of late. Maybe Blanchard is missing that key Stoney Brook offer that seems to be the trump all. :biggrin:

I would take him. Let CJG coach him up and hope for the best. Essentially it would be like trading Q Watson's scholarship for him. I'll take that trade any day based off KB's potential alone. Plus, it would be nice to have him on board when Derrick Green puts on the maize and blue hat. Hell, we really need 3 RB's this cylce now anyway.

I would take him. Let CJG coach him up and hope for the best. Essentially it would be like trading Q Watson's scholarship for him. I'll take that trade any day based off KB's potential alone. Plus, it would be nice to have him on board when Derrick Green puts on the maize and blue hat. Hell, we really need 3 RB's this cylce now anyway.

+1

It also gives us some great pub with the LA high school and the coach there. That would be a school where Arkansas has burned it's bridge. This kid is a 4 star RB with size and SEC type speed. I just don't get it unless there were grade issues. I have seen nothing that would point to that. I am honestly getting tired of us signing 5'10 175lb RBs and we can't pick up a 3rd and 2 75% of the time. Playing our starting MLB as a RB also points to issues at size in the backfield.

Reactions: 1 person
I think having Hill on the roster is part of the reason why we aren't looking at him. They seem pretty similar.

Blanchard > Ford

I think they are similar. KB is a bit bigger and I think that helps in the SEC. The difference I see is Ford is a roll of the dice to get him from Vandy and KB seems like he would choose UT right now if we would take him. Not sure we should keep putting kids off while we wait for the big fish that after 3 years, we are still waiting on.

I think having Hill on the roster is part of the reason why we aren't looking at him. They seem pretty similar.

Except Hill had a ton of offers including Michigan, Pittsburg, and about 10 others. Makes you wonder why other schools aren't interested in KB. Maybe their evaluations are better than Rivals.

Except Hill had a ton of offers including Michigan, Pittsburg, and about 10 others. Makes you wonder why other schools aren't interested in KB. Maybe their evaluations are better than Rivals.

That's true too. I'd take hill over KB. That was more of a response to those wondering why we wouldn't go for a big back when we used a LB for short yardage.

I think Hill is about 20pds heavier and 2" taller than Blanchard is. He is also closer to 4.6 than 4.4. I do hope our RB issues work themselves out.

That's true too. I'd take hill over KB. That was more of a response to those wondering why we wouldn't go for a big back when we used a LB for short yardage.

Agree, I was lookingat rivals and for a 4 star back he has a pretty weak offer list.

Agree, I was lookingat rivals and for a 4 star back he has a pretty weak offer list.

Would the fact that he had been committed to Arkansas for 9 months play into his offer list? I think it might. He does seem to have 4-5 SEC offers and several have come late as he opened things back up.

Would the fact that he had been committed to Arkansas for 9 months play into his offer list? I think it might. He does seem to have 4-5 SEC offers and several have come late as he opened things back up.

I can see that, I think that is why Brett Kendrick isn't rated higher or have more offers. I think if he was uncommitted he would be rated higher and have a ton of offers...smae principle imo...thanks for the info...

This kid is a 4 star RB with size and SEC type speed. I just don't get it unless there were grade issues. I have seen nothing that would point to that.

IMO, it has a lot to do with his injury issues. Blanchard was either slowed or shelved by an assortment of injuries -- shoulder, hamstring, knee & ankle -- the past two years, and his shoulder required surgery after his junior season ended prematurely.

I love Blanchard's size/speed combo but he may simply be too fragile; I think he's a risky take.

Not Grades but Durability. The kid has had a bad string of injuries his jr year carrying over to his sr year.

Maybe he is like Carnell Williams. He has the heart to run tough, but not the body for it. His spirit is willing but the flesh is weak? Not saying the kid is physically weak, but maybe his joints and bones are just not up to being pounded on all the time. His style is not conducive to avoiding contact.

Kaleb missed his JR yr, committed to Ark in early April, and only recently decommitted (Ark) are why he does not have more offers. Fortunately for Tennessee (we need a fast, powerful, RB's w/ good size) at this point in the process most schools already have their (alotted) RB commitments in place or at least believe they are set with certain individuals. So don't let the lack of schollies fool you, KB is a talented RB.
Note that CBJ (while at Cincy) offered Kaleb in August, and he has an (Tennessee) offer. There hasn't been a whole lot of (media) talk because the two are already familiar with one another.
Due to his style durability is a concern, but we're looking to bring in two, possibly three RB's so yes, I think he's worth the risk.
As for size...we all know Recruiting Serv's aren't the most accurate (he's listed from 5"11 to 6'2, 195 to 210), I prefer camp stats.
Soph yr = 6'1 185 Avg 165yds/gm & 10.13yds/carry
JR yr = N/A
SR yr = 6'1 210 Avg 91yds/gm & 6.32yds/carry
40 4.45

I think you'll recognize quite a few names (besides Kaleb's) from this list...
MaxPreps 2012 Louisiana Preseason All-State Football Team - MaxPreps News

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back