13 FL QB Asiantii Woulard

So do we drop Fergusen for AW?? Just IMHO we don't need more than 1 QB in this class. To many other needs. Also if CBJ is gonna go all spread how will that trickle down to the other recruits too.

Just weary about the all out change. First I like ground and pound UT football and 2nd how long will it take for success to happen in the transition. We all know there is no time given. Just wondering...

Can someone tell me why Woulard doesn't have offers from the likes of GA, FL, FL ST, etc? I see a bunch of offers, but none from any of the real power programs.

Woulard would be tremendous pick up!!

The questions about lack of offers from some top programs is because his style of play does not fit every system schematically.. Typical dual threat guy but can definitely sling the rock!!
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Can someone tell me why Woulard doesn't have offers from the likes of GA, FL, FL ST, etc? I see a bunch of offers, but none from any of the real power programs.

Only played 1 year SEC was gun shy early on
but they are hot and heavy now. Most had taken their QBs. They have been in constant contact with him and still are

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

i think we wanted to see him at FNL or some camp but he didnt show

asiantii woulard could soon be on tennessee's recruiting radar -- if he isn't already.

"i wanna see what coach jones does with #tennessee, great program!" the nation's top dual-threat quarterback tweeted shortly after the vols hired butch jones from cincinnati on friday.

Woulard committed to south florida in february, but he backed off of his commitment in april before recommitting to the program in june. He then decommitted this month. He was also considering maryland, rutgers, syracuse, purdue and ole miss.

Jones had been recruiting woulard to cincinnati. The vols have one quarterback committed for the 2012 class: Riley ferguson (matthews, n.c./butler). He is considered a pocket passer.

espn

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
Only played 1 year SEC was gun shy early on
but they are hot and heavy now. Most had taken their QBs. They have been in constant contact with him and still are

i think we wanted to see him at FNL or some camp but he didnt show

UT has been to several of his practices he has also visited UT however he committed earlier to USF most schools backed off due to his commitment

I see. Thanks for the info.

So do we drop Fergusen for AW?? Just IMHO we don't need more than 1 QB in this class. To many other needs. Also if CBJ is gonna go all spread how will that trickle down to the other recruits too.

Just weary about the all out change. First I like ground and pound UT football and 2nd how long will it take for success to happen in the transition. We all know there is no time given. Just wondering...

CUM made the change pretty quickly at OSU...

I'm sure he's a great player and will do well wherever he lands. Especially if it has the system in place he will exceed in. But that's my concern. We currently don't have that system in place. CBJ can't afford IMO to throw himself into changing it right away without truly seeing what will or will not work against the likes of uga, Bama, uF, USCjr. And beating them every yr. So going for a guy now and making that commitment now is quite risky atm imo. After his first yr of actually seeing and competing vs the teams he will play against on a yrly basis he can truly know what he is going to have to do to win. So there's a fine line at this moment IMO. I know now this style of QB is successful but as time goes on the best DCs in the country/sec are learning how to control it.

I'll be honest I like the traditional pro-style ground and pound. So hoping to still see it in some form/mix if possible. Right now it's still the winning formula in the SEC.

Join us, Mr. Asiantii! Go watch some film of Zach Collaros and get excited!

Seldom,

If I can just put out there as plainly as I can... is Asantii locked into TN if Coach Jones pursues him, or are we just one of several schools in consideration?

:hi:

4th rated dual threat QB nationally, out of Fla (2013 class) had Florida State as his leader with Cincy 2nd. When asked about Butch Jones accepting the UT job, he said UT is now his leader, and hopes coach Jones still wants him. Interesting to say the least.

Reactions: 9 people

VN Store

Back