13:04 2nd Qtr Side judge

Find out how long he has been a ref and have his test scores made public. Maybe he was new and thought a motioning QB was illegal or, maybe he thought bama got needed to substitute? I’d want to hear what they said to each other after whistle was blown.

He said to the head official,
"Bama was not lined up correctly and they needed more time to get lined up. Let's all pretend something is possibly wrong like the spot or the play clock. Also, if the Vols run the same play someone needs to call holding on #64 even if he isn't blocking anyone. And just to be safe I'll ensure that if Jennings scores I'll mark him out short that way it has to be reviewed and maybe another player will block the view so no one will know I got that wrong too."
Then he winked and they wound the play clock back and the rest is history.

Alabama always gets the benefit of the doubt when it comes to officiating. I've been watching UT football for 40 years and it has always been that way. Oh sure, Alabama will get its share of penalties, but it's the timing within the game that their opponents get penalties and they do not. I can't tell you how many momentum stopping penalties have been called against UT when playing Alabama. Likewise, Alabama gets penalties when they're needed more often than not - i.e. holding when an opponent scores, offensive pass-interference when an opponent scores, etc. To have the SEC office in Birmingham is beyond ridiculous. It should be in Atlanta.

I work in bama land. One of the gumps actually told me UT got screwed. Shocked I tell you and not one gump talked smack to me Monday.
I live in Nashville. Got plenty of Gump fans around me. Not one has called, spoke a word to me. Really strange since they ribbed me often. It was so blatant it was shameful. They're embarrassed.

I work in bama land. One of the gumps actually told me UT got screwed. Shocked I tell you and not one gump talked smack to me Monday.
I live in North Bama and most that usually give me crap ain't saying much.....but most are worried about the rest of their season.....without Tua they are probably screwed.

Reactions: Pineyvol
they are worried. Check out this article on AL.com (this came up on my FB feed because of the Pruitt mention, I do not read AL.com).
Tua Tagovailoa’s ankle injury determines Alabama season, Jeremy Pruitt should be embarrassed
Tua coming back 100% ready for LSU is iffy......he has more to think about in regards to his future than he did last year. He comes back too soon and hurts it again his NFL stock will drop. And you know LSU will pressure him more to make him move and test that ankle....I would.
Most here are scared this dynasty may be on a downswing and they dont like it......I do believe TN gave them a reality check that they are mortal after all.

The story I saw said they “thought” someone on the Tennessee sideline called timeout. So, they polled coaches and they all said “not me”...

Reset game clock and resume play....

Sounds believable, right? 🙄

Reactions: majorvol
Tua coming back 100% ready for LSU is iffy......he has more to think about in regards to his future than he did last year. He comes back too soon and hurts it again his NFL stock will drop. And you know LSU will pressure him more to make him move and test that ankle....I would.
Most here are scared this dynasty may be on a downswing and they dont like it......I do believe TN gave them a reality check that they are mortal after all.
I agree, the Bama faithful now realize that in another recruiting class or two TN will be winning that game.

Reactions: Remy and Pineyvol
Man no kidding here. I work with a die hard as well from Birmingham and he actually shook my hand monday morning and said ''I have nothing to say other than you guys look different from the last few years'' it shocked me to hear him say that.

Reactions: Pineyvol
Alabama always gets the benefit of the doubt when it comes to officiating. I've been watching UT football for 40 years and it has always been that way. Oh sure, Alabama will get its share of penalties, but it's the timing within the game that their opponents get penalties and they do not. I can't tell you how many momentum stopping penalties have been called against UT when playing Alabama. Likewise, Alabama gets penalties when they're needed more often than not - i.e. holding when an opponent scores, offensive pass-interference when an opponent scores, etc. To have the SEC office in Birmingham is beyond ridiculous. It should be in Atlanta.
You mean a few miles up the road from Athens? How about Nashville? Ain't nobody gonna be cheating for Vandy.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back