'12 SC TE Justin Meredith (TN Commit 12/10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Justin Meredith looks good early. Looks heavier than listed.
-Paul Fortenberry

AiGErPuCMAAwQSU.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
I see this kid being the recipient of many Peterman TD passes over the next 4-5 years. Anyone remember how big Witten was when he came in as a freshman?

Fortenberry said Meredith sat out the 2nd half of practice except for the blocking drills due to his hamstring injury still lingering.

Lastly, on Justin Meredith, he's still been bothered by the hamstring injury that actually occurred last summer but healed during the season and he reinjured it late this season and again in the Under Armour game.

He's very excited about being a Vol and I'll have a full story on him, but the best quote he gave me today is that he wasn't bothered by not having a tight ends coach right now because he trusts Dooley and Chaney. He's moving in Sunday with the other early guys.
- Fortenberry

Reactions: 3 people
I cant remember the name of the analyst but one of them said today that it looks like Meredith may be up to the 240-245lb range now.

Reactions: 2 people
tht sucks but i still think if he is up to 235 or bigger and still keeps his speed he will be beastly

i think he should play around 250. to be a true tight end. but i wouldnt mind him being like a brad smelly type of player.

Bump. Kid seems like he has great receiving tight end skills on film. Could redshirt, which would only help. Excited for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back