12 million to Freedom

$40,000,000 / 500,000 fans = $80 per fan
If it was a guarantee that we got Freeze, I'd gladly chip in!

Your only about 495,000 short of folks who will back up their brilliant plans with their OWN money.... a large portion of those would quietly sit on the sidelines with their money until Freeze or any other character optional coach is eliminated. The residual effects of Kiffin are still painful for lots of folks who are not willing to buy into a repeat. Come up with a list of REAL and VIABLE replacements then get back to Vol nation.

Your only about 495,000 short of folks who will back up their brilliant plans with their OWN money.... a large portion of those would quietly sit on the sidelines with their money until Freeze or any other character optional coach is eliminated. The residual effects of Kiffin are still painful for lots of folks who are not willing to buy into a repeat. Come up with a list of REAL and VIABLE replacements then get back to Vol nation.

I sure am glad this is a message board, where people can post their opinions and ideas, maybe even their hopes and dreams, regarding their favorite team, without being told what to do, or who to like, or what to think.

I simply did the math based on numbers some other posters mentioned in this very thread, and stated that if Freeze was the guaranteed replacement, that I'd gladly chip in.

Post 16 @VOLfrombama
If we can get 500,000 vols fans to put in $24 each, we can buy him out as a fanbase. Would make the twitter schitno campaign look like childs play.

Post 29 @volsack
So JUST to buy out Pruitt the buyout is $12.88 million. You will also have to buy out his staff and that brings the total to just under $19.2 million.
That's only the start. You then have to buyout the new coach, their staff, and factor in new salaries. Your $12 just turned into about $40 really quick. Good luck covering that with a GoFundMe

One said 500,000 fans
One said $40,000,000

And, as I said, if it could guarantee who the next coach would be, count me in.

While you are correct, it is highly doubtful that 500,000 fans would pitch in $80 of their own money to buyout the current staff as well as the next staff's buyout from their current employer, and that we are still feeling the residual effects of Kiffin bolting in the middle of the night (followed by hires, fires, contracts, AD's, and coaches, all bungled), I want to know what makes Hugh Freeze not on the list of (as you say) "REAL and VIABLE replacements?" I mean, it's not like I mentioned Pete Carroll or Urban Meyer, or even John Gruden, none of which are real and viable candidates to replace Pruitt, should we part ways with him. Freeze has stated he wants to be here, and he's not making so much money at Liberty that we couldn't pay him (assuming we actually fire Pruitt), he's proven he can win with talent not on par with the Bama's and Clemson's and Buckeye's of the world (Sugar Bowl, Bama 2x) ... I mean it sounds to me exactly like who we need to hire.

Sure, he has some baggage. Sure he cheated in recruiting. But we all know that everyone that's winning is cheating, they just haven't gotten caught, or turned in by others (Saban maybe).

In my opinion, not only is Hugh Freeze a real and viable candidate, but he should be at the top of the list.

DevotedLazyArmyworm-max-1mb.gif

Reactions: VOLfrombama
I sure am glad this is a message board, where people can post their opinions and ideas, maybe even their hopes and dreams, regarding their favorite team, without being told what to do, or who to like, or what to think.

I simply did the math based on numbers some other posters mentioned in this very thread, and stated that if Freeze was the guaranteed replacement, that I'd gladly chip in.

Post 16 @VOLfrombama
If we can get 500,000 vols fans to put in $24 each, we can buy him out as a fanbase. Would make the twitter schitno campaign look like childs play.

Post 29 @volsack
So JUST to buy out Pruitt the buyout is $12.88 million. You will also have to buy out his staff and that brings the total to just under $19.2 million.
That's only the start. You then have to buyout the new coach, their staff, and factor in new salaries. Your $12 just turned into about $40 really quick. Good luck covering that with a GoFundMe

One said 500,000 fans
One said $40,000,000

And, as I said, if it could guarantee who the next coach would be, count me in.

While you are correct, it is highly doubtful that 500,000 fans would pitch in $80 of their own money to buyout the current staff as well as the next staff's buyout from their current employer, and that we are still feeling the residual effects of Kiffin bolting in the middle of the night (followed by hires, fires, contracts, AD's, and coaches, all bungled), I want to know what makes Hugh Freeze not on the list of (as you say) "REAL and VIABLE replacements?" I mean, it's not like I mentioned Pete Carroll or Urban Meyer, or even John Gruden, none of which are real and viable candidates to replace Pruitt, should we part ways with him. Freeze has stated he wants to be here, and he's not making so much money at Liberty that we couldn't pay him (assuming we actually fire Pruitt), he's proven he can win with talent not on par with the Bama's and Clemson's and Buckeye's of the world (Sugar Bowl, Bama 2x) ... I mean it sounds to me exactly like who we need to hire.

Sure, he has some baggage. Sure he cheated in recruiting. But we all know that everyone that's winning is cheating, they just haven't gotten caught, or turned in by others (Saban maybe).

In my opinion, not only is Hugh Freeze a real and viable candidate, but he should be at the top of the list.

DevotedLazyArmyworm-max-1mb.gif
So here are my reasons why Freeze isn't a "real and viable"candidate:
1) Pruitt isn't getting fired. For there to be candidates, the job would have to come available and that isn't happening; financials and such.

2) He doesn't fit the UT hiring mold. When has UT ever hired a big time coach, Johnny Majors (I really don't know)? UT also doesn't bring in football coaches with any baggage and they aren't about to make an exception here.

3) Jimmy Sexton, will determine where he goes. Tennessee doesn't have any money, and is skittish about paying anyone in an uncertain financial climate. Jimmy knows this, and he is the Scott Boras of college football coaches. He isn't sending a big name client of his to a place that won't get him paid.

4) How do the Haslam's feel about Freeze? To get anywhere near a new coach, the Haslam's are going to have to stroke a fairly large check, and that means ceding some input and level of control to them and their favorite candidates

5) He's the one that the fans are jocking. When has UT ever hired the coach that everyone on message boards and sports radio says they want? If you are a gambler, this would be the equivalent of betting against the public. People around here have created so much cognitive dissonance for Freeze becoming coach, that they aren't even considering other options which may be more logical.

Actually it all goes away when you do. Your money and degree become worthless. Nobody gives a crap about where you went to school or how much money you spent on hats, donations, and tickets unless you have your name on a building. However the legacy and glory of a truly successful football program lives on forever. Just ask any football fan of a top tier program, not just the program you capitalize off of during its darkest time.
Ahh yes, the glory that is mentioned at every funeral ever. You do realize that you don't contribute in any way to the legacy or glory of any sports team you cheer for? You don't put on jersey, make a play or coach. How exactly do you contribute? Unless you are big donor you don't contribute at all. If you happen to have season tickets, your contribution doesn't even go towards the football team, it goes to other sports where your paltry $1,000 is more efficient. Football money comes from big donors and TV contracts, so you don't pay anyone's salary. I'd love to know how you think you "contribute to the legacy" of UT football because I can assure you that you don't in any meaningful way.

Ahh yes, the glory that is mentioned at every funeral ever. You do realize that you don't contribute in any way to the legacy or glory of any sports team you cheer for? You don't put on jersey, make a play or coach. How exactly do you contribute? Unless you are big donor you don't contribute at all. If you happen to have season tickets, your contribution doesn't even go towards the football team, it goes to other sports where your paltry $1,000 is more efficient. Football money comes from big donors and TV contracts, so you don't pay anyone's salary. I'd love to know how you think you "contribute to the legacy" of UT football because I can assure you that you don't in any meaningful way.
My favorite part of arguing with you is how much you worship money. That’s all that matters to you, huh. Well good luck cheering for your team to lose so you can make more. Looks like you’re gonna pocket quite a lot during the Pruitt years. Maybe you can help buy us a good football coach soon so we can experience our return to glory.

So here are my reasons why Freeze isn't a "real and viable"candidate:
1) Pruitt isn't getting fired. For there to be candidates, the job would have to come available and that isn't happening; financials and such.

2) He doesn't fit the UT hiring mold. When has UT ever hired a big time coach, Johnny Majors (I really don't know)? UT also doesn't bring in football coaches with any baggage and they aren't about to make an exception here.

3) Jimmy Sexton, will determine where he goes. Tennessee doesn't have any money, and is skittish about paying anyone in an uncertain financial climate. Jimmy knows this, and he is the Scott Boras of college football coaches. He isn't sending a big name client of his to a place that won't get him paid.

4) How do the Haslam's feel about Freeze? To get anywhere near a new coach, the Haslam's are going to have to stroke a fairly large check, and that means ceding some input and level of control to them and their favorite candidates

5) He's the one that the fans are jocking. When has UT ever hired the coach that everyone on message boards and sports radio says they want? If you are a gambler, this would be the equivalent of betting against the public. People around here have created so much cognitive dissonance for Freeze becoming coach, that they aren't even considering other options which may be more logical.

All of those points are fine and well, but you're bringing reason to a theoretical discussion.

DeliciousFairEnglishpointer-max-1mb.gif

Reactions: volsack
My favorite part of arguing with you is how much you worship money. That’s all that matters to you, huh. Well good luck cheering for your team to lose so you can make more. Looks like you’re gonna pocket quite a lot during the Pruitt years. Maybe you can help buy us a good football coach soon so we can experience our return to glory.
Money isn't the only thing that matters, I'm just trying to make the point that I have something tangible to show for my efforts and all you have is something that exists only to you, in your own mind. You should probably interact with more Vol fans, many of them are paying for Christmas betting against Tennessee.

You want some glory? Read the thread I started, I'm giving you the chance to be a hero

A fluke? I think 13-0 and beating FL, GA. Bama, FSU is not a “ fluke”

And none of that would have mattered had Clint Stoerner not put the ball on the ground. I’ll give Fulmer credit for assembling a great staff and team and being a good recruiter. But let’s not pretend he was some brilliant football guru.

And none of that would have mattered had Clint Stoerner not put the ball on the ground. I’ll give Fulmer credit for assembling a great staff and team and being a good recruiter. But let’s not pretend he was some brilliant football guru.

Most teams that go undefeated and win championships get some “ gifts” along the way. In that Ark. game, the refs screwed up a call when the Ark. punter kicked the ball out of the end zone instead of getting it blocked. Also, there aren’t too many “ gurus” either , (Saban, Meyer And maybe Stoops) but Fulmer record speaks for itself (151-51) And is a Hall of Fame coach

VN Store

Back